Help my RSO will not break down!!!

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Like the title says i cannot get my RSO to break down in alcohol different than everclear(like brandy for a nice tincture) or into Glycerin! I have a source turbo which cooks it a lil bit while it seperates the oil, i have been rockin quick wash methods with pretty nice and clean results. But i am wanting to make tinctures and topicals with the RSO and cant seem to get it to break down and suspend in my desired fat or booze. Whats up with that? If pics would help i have a few but it looks pretty nasty, imagine block gooey stuff totally spereated from some brandy forming a puddle on the bottom and a film on top. Turned the brandy a nasty milk color...WTF?!?

Chemistry folks please chime in!! Is it something to do with still being bound to everclear?

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

how did you make this RSO?

what ingredients did you use? did you decarboxylate your botanicals?

different alcohol to everclear, is that because you can't source it where you are? go for as strong ABV, 150+ if you can.

i assumed you went for the quick method of making the tincture, then quickly thereafter, reducing this tincture into RSO.

how was this gooey? does it have the desired effect?

i follow more old-school Green Dragon recipe, which i might next reduce. i keep it for at least 6 weeks in the freezer, with its daily shakes, to prepare it. last batch, 14 grams of decarboxylated buds into 70 mls of Polmos Spirytus Rektyfikowany - it got 3 boys off for a couple of days.

the burning of this tincture would be one reason to reduce it to RSO...

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

i used high quality trimmings and smalls, i took care if the botanicals cured and vac sealed it immediately after trim and preserved it cold. I am intentionally making RSO using quick wash methods with everclear. I am keepin the botanicals and the everclear super cold, and then doing the speration in the Source which is just a heated crucible in a vac chamber that heats the solvent evaporating it and leaving behind the dissolved solids. It def decarbs the oil in the cook off, i know because i have been eating it raw(RSO). Final product has a lil H20/Everclear so its a bit gooey, black in the jar nice gold when thin, tastes good gets you real stoned when smoked or consumed orally. i have made a butt load of it intending to be able to fast track recipes like the green dragon, and also to be able to make glycerin tinctures and smokeables, and hard candies. But after my first few experiments 1. brandy and ever clear 50/50 two oz booze to 4gr RSO wouldn't break down very well but better than straight brandy
2 Pure brandy 1oz to 2gr RSO turned milky and didn't break down left a pool at the bottom and a film on top
3 Cooking 10z ROS into 10oz vegetable glycerin it didn't break down at all, simply hovered on top of the warm glycerin and when the stove was turned off coagulated on the sides(i was double boiling it)

My worries is now that it wont want to break down into fats or alcohol at all and i cant make the desired products outta it.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i think you've nailed it, making these RSO.

maybe, use the 'raw' Green Dragon tincture, rather than RSO, in the meantime, in your recipes...

Latest posts

Top Bottom