help! need diagnosis quick

• Thread starter smokey79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokey79

smokey79

My Ladys are sleeping right now so cant get more recent up to date photos till later, will add em tonight.
I am not a first time grower but this is my soil-coco cross over and so far wow love this stuff!
I decided to go with the complete canna range from coir to boost and have EC trunchion and ph meter, use 600w sun argo dual spec HPS with adjustawing( very impressed with this lighting set up), growing in a tent 1.2x1.2x2meters with 125mm in 200 out RVK both odor-sok.
Followed cannas schedule the only addition I made has been epsoms, if anyone has a good source of calcium in the uk please let me know.(In soil bone meal was my answer, if I can make this into tea please let me know).
Any road the problem in hand 4xpexpress from barnys 2x
Image0042.jpg
Image00391.jpg
Image0035.jpg
Image0034.jpg
Image0031.jpg
as expected,1xsat dom one indica dom, the first is the one i am most concerned with it was a run away grower so I continually pinched it, now I was flooded from upstair and had to put everythin away, ended up with bugs, gnats and root aphids!, thankfully thee root aphids appeard last and I managed to rid myself of them but I am now bang on day 30 and the Satdom(miss tall) appears to be have'n difficulty budding there is white pistils every place bit 0 density, her twin sista is one sexy gal with phat Thc drippin buds, all plants have had the same regeme, making me more confused!-I have included photos of leaf damage from neglected cuttings, and some removed from miss tall, it like she not able to get sumthing to bud sites??? is this larvi damage, the other leaf phtos are cuttings, I was at war with the critters and neglected my cuttings a bit!
is this my neglect or have these root suckers really done this much damage? SCARRY, thanks in advance for help keepin smokey smoken!:harvest::bongsmi:
this is bud site@30 days miss tall
PE1_2moon.jpg
PE1_2moon.jpg
PE1_2moon.jpg
this
Image0028.jpg
Image0027.jpg

these two are leaf damage from cuttings and Larger leafs from miss tall
Image0027.jpg
Image0028.jpg
All comments help appriciated, I really think it is a root zone problem and neglect as far as cuttings go:worried but hurtin my head now!

L

lowroller

Could be lots of things...
My first guess is a watering problem, maybe you waited to long between feeds?
possible over watering.. the dead leaf is a sign of over water. not sure?
good luck

L

lil miss lone

It looks to me the exact symptoms of root aphids, and they are definately Not easily gotten rid of. I did a whole thread on them, I'll go get a link, be right back.

Ok, here it is

Good luck

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A triazicide flooding (Spectracide), left for at least 24hrs (I grow in coco) seems to have been a "once and done" treatment for my little problem. But, between battling that and powdery mildew, I've seen some significant damage. The plants cannot handle more than one problem at once, even the really hearty lines.

smokey79

smokey79

hi lowroller, mmost likly with me is over watering, thing was thought coco was over water proof!!!
sea U got em aphids on d brain!-lol-but they are a undeserved curse to any grower! an Lil miss used your thread and sea maidens advice to get shot o the can-Assassins!-thank u for the prompt response's, but let me know when I post the photos in couple hours the diff between the 2 plants same geno and age is mental!
Here they are two pineapple express from barneys same age and regime, with the exception of amount of pinchin and bug damage pulled three yellow leafs off miss tall the night:tall stem
Image0050.jpg

tall buds
Image0051.jpg
Image0048.jpg
Image00442.jpg
Image0047.jpg
TALLs Sexy sister and her nugs
Image0049.jpg
Image0047.jpg
Image0047.jpg
Image0049.jpg
sorry best shots could get had to use my crappy phone!-
anyone any ideas if can do anythin to bulk buds up on tall but am use the full and range cannna nutes, think em root critters ate life out o her and i over pinched over stressin even if only get small yeild but potent would b happy but thinkin she a write off-thanks for u time

T

Toes

looks good to me, you made it this far NE ways. A few necro tips are are a given. inside light issues inside and all.

roots grow towards the water, in search of teh Oasis in a desert. solid root growth means you have to let the medium dry out, so they can grow looking for the water. over watering stress explains the necro tips, but the tiger stripes could be a major def.

Let your containers dry out... act like you were going to transplant the lovely lady and slide the root ball out into your hands. look at the roots. do you see any critters in there? look hard man cause some of those bastards look like roots, the REAL roots don't move around. if so...neem kills them, but makes the buds smell farky... but kills them W/O chemical impact.

hope you have no critters... are you feeding with filtered water? if not Brita's are cheap.

S

SEASCAPE

+1 over water, maybe ph problems as well.. the 30 day pics, were they taken after a feeding? Are you on a well? PPM's from the tap??

smokey79

smokey79

that a bit criptic sea

+1 over water, maybe ph problems as well.. the 30 day pics, were they taken after a feeding? Are you on a well? PPM's from the tap??

my water EC is less than 0.2, bit criptic there sea yes taken after feeding and under torch light as crappy phone not got flash!
not on a well!-lol- prob am now after that flood! Read sumplace on this forum am sure, that coco cant be overwatered and is essentially hydroponic so after roots hit bottom of pots I started watering daily, think was a lil too much by end of veg was battelen with em root aphids but when I dropped the lighting 18-12/12, I wasnt taken that into acc- i.e. water daily is now every 2?-any hints and tips appriciated, water/feeding seems to be where my problem lies, think am gettin there now, hell it all learning and will pay off in end! seems not taking into account the diff in transportation when i drop the lights, ph 5.8-6.0 (got new calibrated meter wi the gnatol=) I prefer big plants but TAll was too far!-how much water should a heavy feeder be getting at 1.2meters-(my pref size in flower)? i handwater and use 20L Pots?-your advice has been very useful so far many thanks, talls sis is lookin tidy at 30 days is she not??? only a lil pinchin, the other two popped about week l8r and are lookin good??. IMO:rollj:
I have croppped tall up a lil, lookin at the branches I chopped today, appears to have had sum lock out or root zone prob-thinkin maybe root damage from they root aphids and there is new growth looking feeling healthy, so have hope, going lollipop TALL as much as I dare, oh what is the effect on photoperiod length when things like this happen during flower, will the plant repair and ripen l8r or will it ripen same time as healthy plant??? is it jus a case of watchin trichs?:confused0054::rollj:
Jus noticed there the image is tall day1 of Flower on my first post on the second they are day 30 Just to clarifi.

smokey79

smokey79

It looks to me the exact symptoms of root aphids, and they are definately Not easily gotten rid of. I did a whole thread on them, I'll go get a link, be right back.

Ok, here it is

Good luck

jus lookin at u gallery and got d same damage on a seedling cheesus frm budda as well, is it def a virus or is it the damage they fkrs do to roots
and how badly was da bud effected???

L

lil miss lone

is it def a virus or is it the damage they fkrs do to roots
and how badly was da bud effected???

I can't answer that first one, not yet anyway. Do you have insects is the first question, if so we (you) need to get rid of those first. If you have aphids, do you really want/need to fight them? is my next question. I spent about 6 months battling them before I realized they had a virus. Six Months! Of headaches and heartaches and wasted money for elec. nutes etc, lost sleep... Looking back, yeah I lost alot of stuff but in the end the fight wasn't worth it.

I flowered out two plants for seeds while I had the aphids and I believe they had the virus as well. We didn't smoke any of the bud, it was all seeds which had to be tossed out. We have had runs before with the aphids, not knowing we had them and the bud was dry, Almost burnt looking, waaaaay less dense than usual, not much smell, Yield Was Wayyy low, not worth the nutes and elec in my opinion.

The virus can live on dead plant material (a leaf on the floor, in the back of the room where you can't see it, infecting any live plant it touches. I've since learned that the virus CAN spread from plant to plant, without the aphid vector. We are in the process of building a new room, and destroying everything we,ve ever used plant-wise. New Panda on the new walls, new pots, steralized and clean lights and shit, everything. Time to get ocd about it.

Good luck with whatever you decide my friend.

smokey79

smokey79

double LOL =)
Soz Blu gangin up on u, my ph down is phos acid and use canna P/K as well, def not P but trust me when I first started out that would be poss, better to put u 2p in than say nutin, u learn either way, so ta B.
lil miss a think that it da bugs d prob with tall, and tall was the one plant with worst infestation's Gnat n root aphids but managed not to become infested untill was ready to kick into flowr, so goin to get a harvest but can see it bein grim from a promisin plant, but my other 3 doin fine, the photos of poss virus is in veg room thankfully only few cuttings one seedling to loose but it hardcore haven to clean up after these things infect u plants!, thankfully was lookin to renovate after harvest, jus not as in depth!
Much appriciated=)

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Is there a chance the plant with underdeveloped buds could be in an area of the room that allows light in, or has "light leaks" of any size?
Perhaps it is just the phenotype (longer flowering period).
FJ

smokey79

smokey79

Is there a chance the plant with underdeveloped buds could be in an area of the room that allows light in, or has "light leaks" of any size?
Perhaps it is just the phenotype (longer flowering period).
FJ

jon, that was a thought I was haven, not as specific but either light in, lack of light due to hight or rally sat dom, Tall was the most vigrus-soz cant spell!
dont think it light gettin in but is a simple explanation, u think she just needs more time?-was hopen if given couple extra weeks bud density would incease, it just the striking diffrance between the two phenos, but l8 night reading tells me dep on seedbank n lineage possable.
keep u up dated jon, heres hopen given another 14days buds fill out bought a 8week strain, extra 2 would make it 10-12 week photoperiod pretty much sativa.
a can see where u at m8

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Some Sativa varieties flower for much longer than 12 weeks. It may be upward of twice that, but if you have the patience the soaring psychotropic high she MAY inflict could be worth the wait.
FJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Plenty of sat-dom girls need well more than 12 weeks to really perform their best. I'm coming to the conclusion that all the Blue Dream that was going around freaking people out was probably taken far too early, before she'd even gone milky. Last one I ran (a New York Diesel cross) I let go a full 16 weeks, and she definitely performed her best to date.

L

lil miss lone

double LOL =)

lil miss a think that it da bugs d prob with tall, and tall was the one plant with worst infestation's Gnat n root aphids but managed not to become infested untill was ready to kick into flowr, so goin to get a harvest but can see it bein grim from a promisin plant, but my other 3 doin fine, the photos of poss virus is in veg room thankfully only few cuttings one seedling to loose but it hardcore haven to clean up after these things infect u plants!, thankfully was lookin to renovate after harvest, jus not as in depth!
Much appriciated=)

Just to give you advanced fair warning yield will be alot less than from healthy plants. Flowers will be smaller, kind of dry or crisp, they'll be alot less dense, and will seem to mature and be done alot sooner, plus you'll want to chop asap anyway because most of the fan leaves will be dead or dying. The bud will not smell as strong as normal also.

Okay, I reread your post and wanted to add, in flower what you can do to help keep the population down you can do a weekly, to every-three-days medium drench with the Azatrol or Azamax at 30 ml per gallon. You say only one plant is infested that will help stop the bugs from spreading to the other plants. Imo, you can't know if your plants in veg have a virus or not unless you are completely rid of the aphid problem in all areas of your grow, since the damage to the leaves in a virus infected plant look the same as aphid damaged leaves. I'm not sure if I asked this before but do you have any flyers in veg or in flower?

smokey79

smokey79

Just to give you advanced fair warning yield will be alot less than from healthy plants. Flowers will be smaller, kind of dry or crisp, they'll be alot less dense, and will seem to mature and be done alot sooner, plus you'll want to chop asap anyway because most of the fan leaves will be dead or dying. The bud will not smell as strong as normal also.

Okay, I reread your post and wanted to add, in flower what you can do to help keep the population down you can do a weekly, to every-three-days medium drench with the Azatrol or Azamax at 30 ml per gallon. You say only one plant is infested that will help stop the bugs from spreading to the other plants. Imo, you can't know if your plants in veg have a virus or not unless you are completely rid of the aphid problem in all areas of your grow, since the damage to the leaves in a virus infected plant look the same as aphid damaged leaves. I'm not sure if I asked this before but do you have any flyers in veg or in flower?[/QUOTE
lil miss no flyers just now, your right I am guessing, could be a bad case of neglect, as I had a tOtal war wi em root aphids and neglected my cuttings and this seedling, to be honest I got more cheesus seed and it only started lookin bad end of infestation, a been looking after d cheesus last week but the new growth is just going smae way, plant looks terrable will post couple more picx later, see what u think, was only a seedling when infested and think rootzone really damaged, but been that stressed wi them root criiters cant really be bothered working it out not till a had phat smoke anyways! 3 weeks and should B feeling me old self lol

smokey79

smokey79

maybe this weed better than a thought, ^^ lil miss was your reply but must o hit edit lol

Top Bottom