HELP! need diy 50 amp powerbox

• Thread starter socalsfinestmmj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

socalsfinestmmj

have been looking but cant find them anywhere anyone know any good diy powerbox thread. . ive dont some electrical b4 and pretty handy. if anyone could help that would be great!!

M

mrdizzle

you dont want a DIY house fire so e-mail the man and sleep tight

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Electrically speaking they are very simple devices, design wise. Its the fabrication that is the only difficult part. Better off buying something or hire an electrician.
:icon_spin:

S

socalsfinestmmj

ive hooked up 40 and water heater timer b4.. just need a diy reference since im kinda low on the dough. im very confident in the fabrication .. i would love to get a controler from olyver but i dont have the $$$ he need to make one.. so if anyone know a good thread thatd be great thank

S

socalsfinestmmj

yean im very cinfident in my abilities to do it. ive hooked up a 40amp timer and worked no problems. i was wanted a thread to reference . i would love one from olyver but i dont have the $$$ he need to make one. so im low on the dough if anyone could help me out thatd be great

L

Loudblunts

Hey LB, nice to see ya over here at the farm. You still rockin' the Aquamist?

sup bro, you too bud

yea its still in flowering action....soon to be put in storage though.

got some UC 8's on standby

S

socalsfinestmmj

hey olyver i know ur the man when it comes to load centers.. was wondering how much it would be to have a load center built. would be 50 amp plug.. would like to run 4 1000 240v with timer and possiby high temp shut off. and possiable throw in some reg 120 outlets for chiller or fans etc.. if you could let me know a price or what u think that be great thanx. i cant pm u directly but if you could pm me info ill get back to yah ... . :volcano:

S

socalsfinestmmj

olver i emailed u but still no reply i know u must be a busy guy... kinda inna pinch and i think ur the only hope..

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

socal,
are you trying to convert a 50A electric range plug? Or are you trying to come off your main panel with a 50A 220v circuit that will be for grow. You just need to buy a small sub panel box. Bring in the 220v through one of the holes. Use the proper clamp. There are 2 main buss bars inside the box. Each one gets a "leg" of the 220v power. The ground gets connected to the terminal block that is mounted to the chassis of the inside of the box. Then you can start putting breakers in at that point. Balance them between the 2 legs (left and right opposing breakers of the same amperage preferably). If you have a 220v breaker(s) in there, then balance them with another 220v breaker of the same size or the same in 110v (20A 220v = 2 20A 110v). Then wire your neutrals to the other terminal block on the chassis of the box. At that point wire out from the box into outlet boxes for your 220 and 110 circuits. Remember, 220v plugs have no "neutral", only 2 hot legs and a ground. Hope that this helps. If that seems too much to wrap your head around then take the safe route and get some help.

-TF

Olyver

Olyver

olver i emailed u but still no reply i know u must be a busy guy... kinda inna pinch and i think ur the only hope..

I sent you an email if you contacted me at my email address. Here are a few samples of 50A loadcenters;

4 timed 4 constant load center
8 KVA Load Center
8KVA Load Center with 25 foot range plug Thumb
LC8 4
LC 1
LC with dual shutoff
Load Center 44
Load Center 8240V Timed 4120V Constant
4x240V black  4x240 white  4x120V red  240V delayed
12 x 240V  time delayed x 6
S

socalsfinestmmj

hey TF yeah i wanna just plug and play into my 50 amp dryer plug in the garage... yeah i know i can fab it just dont have the time... olyver i never recieved ur email back not in spam or nowhere.. im egar to start building and power is the only hold up lol..

Latest posts

Top Bottom