great cuts. What is best option;

-chop everything and start from seed
- chop everything to clone and try and kill mites
In clone stage

Please only expert advice. My buddy has thewhitefire, sourD, and Stardawg
All on the line with these mites.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Lol if in veg get some flora mite and use it two times about three days apart. Then use azatrol three days after that and you should be good. Or use avid in place of azatrol if they are really bad. Also you gotta keep room sealed from outside to avoid reintroduction.
Goodluck

Rushoe

Rushoe

lil much there in a short time ive fought them 3 times all from infected clones gifted to me and have wiped them out 3 times never to be seen again. laugh all you want it works. all that shit is unnessacery

for a while that worked for me just the one time application then found that the mites started to laugh at me and the floramite. Maybe I should have used a stronger dose but . That is some strong shit works very well. Just some mites eat that shit up np.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I used sns217 only on 2 cuts of banana I had in quarantine (I knew they had mites going into it)

I sprayed every 2 days for 10 days - it burnt the leaves a bit

then I vegged them out - took cuts and tossed the originals

point is its easy to deal with them on smaller plants

hotRod

hotRod

Thank guys great input.

Aussie
- so take the clones and dip them in flora mite

How strong? Should I just go by the directions
So that really wiped them out completely?

S

southern

Floramite is the key. I use a strong dosage. Usually a few more drops than recommended. I want to make sure I get them instead of having a few grow to be immune to it. Like Aussie said. Dip rooted clones and swish it around some. I like to wash the bottom of the leaves in it as well. Good luck

B

Bearsfather

If you've treated your plants with Floramite, etc; killed them all off, no longer have any eggs on the plants and know them to be mite free; won't you re-introduce the mites to the plants when you return them to the same growing area?? Or, if you grow from seed in the same space, won't the mites be there months down the road???

J

Jalisco Kid

You have to treat the whole environment. If it was me I would run both avid and floramite,Avid being the second dose. I have seen mites already immune to floromite from growers not using the product right. Floramite works for weeks so I see no reason to do it twice. JK
If you do not take your time and do it right, you might as well just learn to live with them.

hotRod

hotRod

Please explain more ......take your time do it right ?? What does this mean

I'm taking each clone and dunking them in floromite.
Do I make a bucket of solution and put the whole plant
In the floromite?

What else do I need to do?

S

smokestack23

If they're vegging why not just use a no pest strip and be done with the little bastards?

I had them a couple of months ago in my veg room (not in the flower room though). Opened-up a NPS and they were gone instantly. Now I just leave one in my veg room.
I was scared that I would get them in my flower room and even though it was VERY early in flower, I didn't wanna put a strip in there.

SNS217 (or whatever it's called) is supposed to work very well. It's rosemary oil...so...I got a bottle of Rosemary oil from the health store (it's used in aromatherapy) and I sprayed the flowering plants with it a few times.

I havent had mites since.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

If I get an infection I use floramite then avid 4 days later but I drop bombs as soon as I see the fuckers in a grow space. Also if they are really bad you can use stirrup-m which is a mite sex hormone. Mix stirrup m with your miticide and if they are hiding they will come out and get the poison. If your space is clean and the only food there is the plants usually you will ko them with floramite without having to clean the entire environment. If you have a lot of nooks n crannies and places for them to live and stuff to eat on the ground ect you will never get rid of em. Gotta keep it clean!

D

diffrentstrains

I find that it is best to introduce a pest management program into your regular grow schedule.

I use a combo of foliar sprays throughout veg and about 2 wks into flower.

Ed Rosenthal - Zero Tolerance Insecticide
Concern - Pest Killing Soap

I have had to go a bit harder at times and hit them with Doktor Doom Spider Mite knockout. Only in veg though. I have also used their whole room foggers between grows and have had good results.

I keep my rooms as clean as possible of dead fan leaves, dirt, clutter, ect. This is really the most cost effective insect/borg fighting tool we all have!

I would avoid using AVID and/or Floromite unless you are experienced with Commercial Farming grade chemicals.

just my 2 cents... Good luck.. I am sure you can beat this and get some great bud still.

J

Jalisco Kid

Reason number 1 why a patient should never go to club for their meds are maintenance programs like this. Most will not emit the things they will do in flower. JK
I find that it is best to introduce a pest management program into your regular grow schedule.

I use a combo of foliar sprays throughout veg and about 2 wks into flower.

Ed Rosenthal - Zero Tolerance Insecticide
Concern - Pest Killing Soap

I have had to go a bit harder at times and hit them with Doktor Doom Spider Mite knockout. Only in veg though. I have also used their whole room foggers between grows and have had good results.

I keep my rooms as clean as possible of dead fan leaves, dirt, clutter, ect. This is really the most cost effective insect/borg fighting tool we all have!

I would avoid using AVID and/or Floromite unless you are experienced with Commercial Farming grade chemicals.

just my 2 cents... Good luck.. I am sure you can beat this and get some great bud still.

J

Jalisco Kid

Please explain more ......take your time do it right ?? What does this mean

I'm taking each clone and dunking them in floromite.
Do I make a bucket of solution and put the whole plant
In the floromite?

What else do I need to do?

I would pull your baseboards out and spray your room, total circulation system,then paint my room.
And then never wear street clothes in your room again. JK

And never ever bring in a clone without a 90 quarantine period. I then dip it and only use it for a mom.Never be in a hurry.

T

ToastyRoadie

I used the Hotshot Pest strip in veg, worked very well. Only took a few days to get rid of all of them. I did manage to slow the mites down by putting them in a room that was 45*F for the three days and using the pest strips in both rooms.

www .amazon.com/Hot-Shot-5580-Unscented-Repellent/dp/B0019BK8AG

S

smokestack23

Yeah those. Most hardware stores/garden shops carry one brand or another. They are heavy duty and pretty nasty so again...only in veg or very early flowering but like I said...open one up and be done with the little bastards. These things work period!
Well..they did for me and the type of mites I had.

On a funny note..my wife bought some mosquito repellent "patches". They're like smoking cessation patches but they keep mosquitoes away.
We were camping on the weekend getting eaten alive and she asks if I want one. I'm like..you kidding? like I want a trans dermal DEET patch..frick. She says..no no..they're vitamin B1. B1 supposedly keeps em away. I go...hey..B1...that's thiamine...the stuff I added to the MPK to make MOAB....it's B1.
So she says...well why don't you just put some of these patches on the plants? It'll keep bugs away and you wont have to add B1 to the MPK.
lmfao..I think.

Top Bottom