Help! Need expert advice on spider mites

• Thread starter hotRod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Sure, do it right, but DON'T take your time. Take quick action. If you have a sealed room, just kill them with C02. Do a search for the appropriate ppm level. Or put out those Hotshot strips. B/w runs you can do the full room scrub, rip out the floor, knock down the walls, burn the mother down! J/k with all the last stuff.

When they say do it right, they mean Kill them everywhere.

S

Sunbiz1

White vinegar, mites hates the stuff...I use it outdoors in late Spring. The rosemary oil idea posted sounds like another good alternative to non-organic pest control.

Dilute it down to 20%/80% water.

D

diffrentstrains

Reason number 1 why a patient should never go to club for their meds are maintenance programs like this. Most will not emit the things they will do in flower. JK

If you are saying this is wrong I bet you have bad mite infestations in your rooms and wouldn't want to smoke that either

Just my thouhts.

J

Jalisco Kid

You would lose that bet. I am one of those growers that do not believe bugs are part of our lives.I torture my girls in otherways .
I try and keep a clean room and never wear street clothes in my room.
If you are saying this is wrong I bet you have bad mite infestations in your rooms and wouldn't want to smoke that either

Just my thouhts.

S

Sunbiz1

Sorry all, just had to edit my last posting here regarding white vinegar...at the same time I found a nice read for both indoor/outdoor pest control.

B

bdawg22

I used the Hotshot Pest strip in veg, worked very well. Only took a few days to get rid of all of them. I did manage to slow the mites down by putting them in a room that was 45*F for the three days and using the pest strips in both rooms.

www .amazon.com/Hot-Shot-5580-Unscented-Repellent/dp/B0019BK8AG

Do you just put up those pest strips all around the room or actually on the plant?

hotRod

hotRod

Why would a pest strip work ? It's a repellant.

Does rubbing alcohol kill them or repel them?

hotRod

hotRod

We got the flora mite ordered, but I want to take some
Action while waiting on mail.

How does rubbing alcohol work vs neem

S

smokestack23

A HOTSHOT No Pest Strip is not one of those sticky flypaoer strips, it's a slab of yellow poison in a plastic cage. It is not a repellent it is a KILLER!

Search No Pest Strip and you'll learn all about them.

Like I said..you can get them at any hardware store. Go get one and by the time the floramite arrives it'll be too late. Everything will already be long since passed-away.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Two options in my opinion and take it with a grain of salt.

1. cut everything down and clean the room, then start over from seed.

2. JUDO... kills eggs and them little suckers!

Just my .02

hotRod

hotRod

So people hang these in their rooms and continue to
care for the plants or leave everything alone for days.

Then remove the Pest strip ?

I guess I'm confused

T

ToastyRoadie

Do you just put up those pest strips all around the room or actually on the plant?
I put it out of sight in my room and just left it there, one is supposed to be good for 4 months I think.

There's some controversy in using these strips, but from what I've read, it's negligible, unless you're making a necklace out of it or a dog dish for your dog, then maybe it's bad.:hi

I use them with no worries, if you're curious, there are lots of discussions on these.:banana1sv6:

S

smokestack23

NOPE - it even says not to use them around your pets on the package

Well not QUITE. I have one in front of me and what it says as far as being in a room with them and as far as pets..
"Not for use in homes except garages, attics, crawl spaces,and sheds, occupied for less than 4 hours per day.
Also for use in the following areas: animal and farm buildings, milk rooms (avoid contamination of milk or milking equipment), motels, restaurants (non food areas only), food processing plants (non food areas only), industrial and commercial locations, kennels, garbage storage areas and containers and similar enclosed spaces if areas are occupied for less than 4 hours per day."

Later it does say to keep out of reach of children and pets.

So, while they ARE pretty nasty things, putting one in your veg room for a couple or 4 days isn't gonna hurt you or your pets. Some of us have sealed rooms with exhaust cycles to further protect from contaminating the whole house..IF that's an issue at all.

Just use them with care...or don't use them at all..I don't really care lol...I'm just saying...if you want a fast easy cheap SURE way to get RID of mites ...a NPS works like a hot damn!

The only precautions I take are to not use them in the flower room and only when I NEED to in my veg room. Only needed to once and..buh-bye mites.

PEACE.

Top Bottom