HELP!! need help verifying male or female plants

• Thread starter Cannasoir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannasoir

Cannasoir

Hey, so I have 9 ladies that are about two months old and a little over two feet tall. They are 12 days in to the flowering cycle. I need help deciding if four of them, which are from seeds, are male or female. The other 7 are verified females because I received them as clones .

1) I am pretty sure this is a female.
Help need help verifying male or female plants

2)This seems maybe to be a male?
Help need help verifying male or female plants 2
Help need help verifying male or female plants 3
Help need help verifying male or female plants 4

3)Also think this to be a male=[
Help need help verifying male or female plants 5

4)Not very sure about this one
Help need help verifying male or female plants 6

The pistil is showing on one but not the other?
Help need help verifying male or female plants 7

5)?
Help need help verifying male or female plants 8

All help is very much appreciated!

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
number 1 is a female...looks like the rest are males

K

kolah

Males often show their sex first. The 1st one is all girl. 2 and 3 look like they could be male but wait it out to be sure. 4 has a pistol, wait it out though. 5 looks girly as I see a fuzzy pistol (aka calyx)

Dunge

Dunge

I have come to love this part of growing.
While it is sad to chop a perfectly nice plant due to a sex bias, it makes room in veg area and moves the process along.
While new at this, I have found the males to be most easily confirmed by looking in the apical flower heads for male grape clusters.
Very nice work on those photos.

dirk d

dirk d

#2 and 3 are males #1 is a female need better pics on 4 and 5

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I get a little tear in the corner of my eye every time I have to kill a plant.
After all the time we spent together and all we went through.
The good times and the bad.
Its so hard to let go.
Cut them swift and make it painless.
I am sexing many plants right now. I have already put allot of time into them. I feel your pain man.
Them males have a nice set of balls lmao
Good luck

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

Yeh it sucks I am sad for my babies but I know it needs to happen.Even with taking three of them away I will still have 6 plants so I guess its not too bad. I have been thinking of possibly taking one or two of the males in to a separate room for pollen collecting, I just need to find the space.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i see some hairs also in pic 5,in the leaf cluster..

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

i see some hairs also in pic 5,in the leaf cluster..
yes i see those too, but i think it might be a hermie =/. Im going to give them a good look over tonight then take some more pics. Does anyone know how long it takes for the males to release pollen?

Off-topic Question
What is a good way to get rid of spider-mites? I tried this organic herbicide but it did not work=[

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
yes i see those too, but i think it might be a hermie =/. Im going to give them a good look over tonight then take some more pics. Does anyone know how long it takes for the males to release pollen?

Off-topic Question
What is a good way to get rid of spider-mites? I tried this organic herbicide but it did not work=[
always watchout for early bloomers with males...pods all look closed, but there will b 1 random that opens..needless to say males can drop early in flower or bfore if there eager to drop

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
and yeah bro i hate sayn that word...much worse than just males

dirk d

dirk d

you're good for approximately 2 weeks or so. don't mess around with males. just kill them quickly before you think about saving them. better to focus your energy on growing bud.

R

recreationaluse

agree with tattoo jim. 1 definitle female. all the 2's and 3 look 99%male. and i can also see what appears to be white pistils in 4 & 5 so those are most likely female

barewithme

barewithme

Killing males is always sad, but if you turn them into cookies or brownies, at least it helps justify their deaths a little.

Dodge

Dodge

The only one I'd cull at this time is number three... thats just me, the others can wait. Spider Mites?... look under Beneficials..... bacteria and fungi that help your plants health and also control pests, there are many options. Good Luck!!! Oh yeah, make sure you let your soil dry out thoroughly. It can help a little to reduce bugs.

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

The only one I'd cull at this time is number three... thats just me, the others can wait. Spider Mites?... look under Beneficials..... bacteria and fungi that help your plants health and also control pests, there are many options. Good Luck!!! Oh yeah, make sure you let your soil dry out thoroughly. It can help a little to reduce bugs.
Thanks for the info on beneficials I will be looking in to that tomorrow.

R

recreationaluse

wanted to add that the hot shot pest strip at home depot for $8 killed all my mites with in 3 days. put it in room for 3-4 days. remove and put strip back in a sealable bag(good for 4 months). repeat process 20 days later. this guarantees you kill the eggs that hadnt hatched yet when you first applied

R

recreationaluse

treating mites has become the new pharmaceutical phenomenon. dont waste lots of money at hydro stores "treating them" spend $8 at home depot and "literally kill them".

Top Bottom