Help! Need some advice. New here šŸ˜Š

• Thread starter Cancerbites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cancerbites

Cancerbites

Just grew my first plant. Think I wayyyy overdid it. Need advice PLEASE.
Seed blackberry
Soil:organic
Tent
1000w led

Problem. Plant looks good but leaves are curling downward. Is this a nutrient problem (havenā€™t added anything to soil but bat guano) or too much heat?! Too much water? They say some strains itā€™s natural. Help!?!
This is my first medicinal batch to help kick this cancers ass! I need yā€™all. Lol

Help!

Help need some advice  new here
Last edited:
Cancerbites

Cancerbites

From what i see the plat is overwatered with the to small pot
Ok!! So cut back on watering and transplant to larger pot? I just transplanted out of smaller cup 5 days ago.... but will do it carefully again. I so appreciate the advice

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Transplant! 2 weeks ago. that's the cup I start seeds in then move them to larger pots after a couple of weeks. Also don't use clear cups.

BigCube

BigCube

It does look a lot like overwatering. Withr the droopy puffy leaves. As mentioned already it should be in a bigger pot. Bare minimum 1 gallon. But if you want it to fill your tent, more like a 3 galon.

It looks to be flowering already, is it an auto?

Cancerbites

Cancerbites

Transplant! 2 weeks ago. that's the cup I start seeds in then move them to larger pots after a couple of weeks.
Thank you!!!! Iā€™m glad thatā€™s all it is!!!! šŸ˜ I was worried it was a nutrient deficiency and I have no clue how to handle that. But Iā€™m learning. Thanks to yā€™all. ā¤ļø

Cancerbites

Cancerbites

It does look a lot like overwatering. Withr the droopy puffy leaves. As mentioned already it should be in a bigger pot. Bare minimum 1 gallon. But if you want it to fill your tent, more like a 3 galon.

It looks to be flowering already, is it an auto?
It is an auto. And I just flipped the light to flowering. šŸ˜Š I have no idea how big itā€™s supposed to get or when to flip the lights. I have it on a 12/12 schedule now

Ina

Ina

Hello!Autos are little bit different than photoperiod plants,they need larger containers from the beginning or they easily stay too small.So I suggest to transplant it as fast as possible because it is already starting flowering.It will still stay smaller than it should but at least to keep it healthy with bigger buds.Also it doesn't need that change to 12/12 schedule( so may be it will get fatter if you make the day longer like 18/6 or even 20/4) because it starting flowering automatically(that is why they call them automatic or autos)...when it decides:)Better be biggest by that time,that is the point.Is it only one plant?You will need few more or photoperiod plant/s that you can grow bigger before flip to 12/12 so you could have more medicine.You can pick strain that fits with your needs-sativa or indica.
Check what else can you change in your diet,water and lifestyle so you can help that medication and beat that f...cancer!!!!I'm sending you all the good vibes!!!!!!!!!!

BigCube

BigCube

It is an auto. And I just flipped the light to flowering. šŸ˜Š I have no idea how big itā€™s supposed to get or when to flip the lights. I have it on a 12/12 schedule now

Thought so šŸ˜€

Unfortunately autos flip themselves to flower. So changing your light schedule only saves you money on power lol.

Because it's already flowering, you can't expect it to get much bigger. If you re pot it in to something bigger. It will grow more, but nowhere near as much as if you had it in a larger pot through veg.

Good luck! With everything man. We are pulling for you!

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

If you have some more auto seeds you still have time to out them in. Use a big pot from the start and don't transplant them.
I wish you all the best and happy growing experience.

Cancerbites

Cancerbites

Hello!Autos are little bit different than photoperiod plants,they need larger containers from the beginning or they easily stay too small.So I suggest to transplant it as fast as possible because it is already starting flowering.It will still stay smaller than it should but at least to keep it healthy with bigger buds.Also it doesn't need that change to 12/12 schedule( so may be it will get fatter if you make the day longer like 18/6 or even 20/4) because it starting flowering automatically(that is why they call them automatic or autos)...when it decides:)Better be biggest by that time,that is the point.Is it only one plant?You will need few more or photoperiod plant/s that you can grow bigger before flip to 12/12 so you could have more medicine.You can pick strain that fits with your needs-sativa or indica.
Check what else can you change in your diet,water and lifestyle so you can help that medication and beat that f...cancer!!!!I'm sending you all the good vibes!!!!!!!!!!
Hi!! Thank you SO SO much for your answer!! I have changed my diet to a plant based diet and have made a few lifestyle changes as well šŸ˜Š. So far Iā€™m kicking itā€™s butt!! Iā€™m so new to this I just ordered a strain I liked. Blackberry and green crack. I didnā€™t do any research (dumb on my part) ... I have 2 plants in the tent now. The BB is growing a beautiful but the GC is staying small as short but looks healthy. I just repotted the BB into a much bigger container and added a bit of bat guano and another small amount of nutrient. I have a 1000w led for just the 2 plants. So will it confuse my plant if I switch back to a 18/6 schedule? I just recently switched it from that to a 12/12 in the last 3 days when I noticed it flowering already! I thought it would get much bigger before it flowered. How far away from the plant should a light that powerful be? I have it at about 17 inches but Iā€™m worried my tent it getting too hot. Temp is 30.8. With humidity at 35. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR GUIDANCE AND HELP!!! ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø

• Love
Reactions: Ina
Cancerbites

Cancerbites

Thought so šŸ˜€

Unfortunately autos flip themselves to flower. So changing your light schedule only saves you money on power lol.

Because it's already flowering, you can't expect it to get much bigger. If you re pot it in to something bigger. It will grow more, but nowhere near as much as if you had it in a larger pot through veg.

Good luck! With everything man. We are pulling for you!

Thank you!!!! I repotted it. Hoping I can salvage it. I had no idea they needed to start in a big pot!! I started them in tiny Dixie cups and then moved them into a larger one. Just moved my bigger one (shown in pic) to a bigger gallon pot. Did I already screw up my chances of getting anything?

BigCube

BigCube

Auto flowering plants dont care lol. They flower when they want and they do not go back to veg.

The three types of cannabis seeds you can get are, auto, feminized and regular.

Autos are bread with another kind of cannabis called a ruderalis. Ruderalis is an auto flowering strain of cannabis. This means that no matter what your light schedule is, the plant is going to flower when it's time. I'm not familiar enough with autos to know their average veg time, but I'm sure others can tell you.

So even if you keep your light on 24 7, the auto flower will flower when it wants to flower. Average flower growth is usually 100%. So unless autos are different, they should double in size during flower.

But also I've heard that autos don't like being transplanted, I dont know enough about autos to say if you would be better off o e way or the other, hopefully someone experienced with autos can help here.

But even if they stay small, you will get something out of them. And now you know for next time. šŸ˜€

I personally stick to feminized seeds. These are regular photoperiod seeds but are only female, no males. Because they are photoperiod, you can control the veg and flower cycle by light timing. This means you can veg as long as you want, keep a mother plant, take clones and not having to deal with hermaphrodites as often. Other people swear by autos, have them down to a science and get great results. But I detest the entire idea. Not being able to clone or keep a mom pretty much forces you to start from seed every time. That's the biggest deal to me.

But I've rambled on enough, hope someone with more auto experience can help

30 is too hot šŸ™ they can handle it, but it stresses them unless they are in a high co2 environment, then 30 would be ok.
Rh isn't that big a deal, but 35 would be traditionally low. I find rh isn't that big a deal unless your are at extremes like 20% or lower and 80% and higher.

Light distance on led should be recommended by the manufacturer.

If you dont mind, let me know the light you are using, and what kind of ventilation you have. Also what's your room temperature outside the tent?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
Cancerbites

Cancerbites

Auto flowering plants dont care lol. They flower when they want and they do not go back to veg.

The three types of cannabis seeds you can get are, auto, feminized and regular.

Autos are bread with another kind of cannabis called a ruderalis. Ruderalis is an auto flowering strain of cannabis. This means that no matter what your light schedule is, the plant is going to flower when it's time. I'm not familiar enough with autos to know their average veg time, but I'm sure others can tell you.

So even if you keep your light on 24 7, the auto flower will flower when it wants to flower. Average flower growth is usually 100%. So unless autos are different, they should double in size during flower.

But also I've heard that autos don't like being transplanted, I dont know enough about autos to say if you would be better off o e way or the other, hopefully someone experienced with autos can help here.

But even if they stay small, you will get something out of them. And now you know for next time. šŸ˜€

I personally stick to feminized seeds. These are regular photoperiod seeds but are only female, no males. Because they are photoperiod, you can control the veg and flower cycle by light timing. This means you can veg as long as you want, keep a mother plant, take clones and not having to deal with hermaphrodites as often. Other people swear by autos, have them down to a science and get great results. But I detest the entire idea. Not being able to clone or keep a mom pretty much forces you to start from seed every time. That's the biggest deal to me.

But I've rambled on enough, hope someone with more auto experience can help

30 is too hot šŸ™ they can handle it, but it stresses them unless they are in a high co2 environment, then 30 would be ok.
Rh isn't that big a deal, but 35 would be traditionally low. I find rh isn't that big a deal unless your are at extremes like 20% or lower and 80% and higher.

Light distance on led should be recommended by the manufacturer.

If you dont mind, let me know the light you are using, and what kind of ventilation you have. Also what's your room temperature outside the tent?

Wow! Thank you! I had no idea they had come so far with this stuff!! Back in my day (not that Iā€™m THAT old but šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø) my dad just threw them in pots outside in a grow house and was set. I donā€™t live in an area where I can grow outside at all. But it is legal for me. My tent is a 48x24x72. And the grow light is a 1000w KingLED I got off Amazon. I keep it in a closet in our bathroom but that room never gets cool šŸ™. We have a fan in there rotating the air but I canā€™t completely close it until night or it gets way too hot. Iā€™m looking into investing in a intake/outtake fan and a filter. Any recommendations???
Iā€™ve already transplanted both of them so I hope I didnā€™t do any damage. We will see. I have a few more seeds. I wonder if I should get them going now. The plants I have in there are about a month old. Here are a few pics of set up. Any recommendations? Thanks for the education on the seeds too! Are the auto flowering ones popular because they guarantee flower? Do the feminized ones do too? You rock and I appreciate all the help!!!
873B4B1F B18A 463A 9272 D2B0E487D548
5E1BA7AB 235E 4CC0 A38C D48FFDFA6F32
2FF1F142 1939 4756 A231 C73DC44ECDF9
6BC2E273 DA08 4AF0 9D17 374A2ABDBD7C

Ina

Ina

You can keep them open as much as possible,also you can put some wet towels and something like dishes with water around them,this could bring youh rh up a little(or uise humidifier)so they could stand the high temps.They should feel like it is a breezy day outside,it is good if it is under 30degrees:)the vent should blow in there,in the tent but not directly on them......Your setup looks nice except the aeration and temp,soil looks good,plants are green......Now be carefull how you will water in the bigger pots,that is one common mistake if you water too often,too small amounts,you have to saturate all the soil nice and slow,than leave it dry for a few days(you will see how much time is needed in you tent)to dry out a lot and then water to saturation(but you have to be sure it is dry enough not only on the top but in the lower parts of the pot,lift it up or something).
Starting in small cups is good for the photoperiod plants,easier to water and manage with transplanting(by my opinion)but you can also start them in bigger pots.Autos could be transplanted(on time,before they fill everything with roots) but usually that leads to decrease in size,they need all the space for their roots to explode from the begoining before they decide to flower.
You can start your other seeds(are they also autos) as well but first read a little more so you can use them properly and get the best of them:)It will be best if you fill the horizontal space with buds(there can be one huge plant or many small like in your case)!:DYou can switch back to 18/6 or 20/4,they wont be so confused.Feminised photoperiod plants would be easier to manage because you decide when to start flowering by their size,shape and number,there is room for mistakes and time to improve them before they flower:)Also they are all females and you don't have to bother with males.....

BigCube

BigCube

Wow! Thank you! I had no idea they had come so far with this stuff!! Back in my day (not that Iā€™m THAT old but šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø) my dad just threw them in pots outside in a grow house and was set. I donā€™t live in an area where I can grow outside at all. But it is legal for me. My tent is a 48x24x72. And the grow light is a 1000w KingLED I got off Amazon. I keep it in a closet in our bathroom but that room never gets cool šŸ™. We have a fan in there rotating the air but I canā€™t completely close it until night or it gets way too hot. Iā€™m looking into investing in a intake/outtake fan and a filter. Any recommendations???
Iā€™ve already transplanted both of them so I hope I didnā€™t do any damage. We will see. I have a few more seeds. I wonder if I should get them going now. The plants I have in there are about a month old. Here are a few pics of set up. Any recommendations? Thanks for the education on the seeds too! Are the auto flowering ones popular because they guarantee flower? Do the feminized ones do too? You rock and I appreciate all the help!!! View attachment 882730View attachment 882731View attachment 882732View attachment 882733

From the manufacturer of your led they reccomend 16 to 18 inches away for veg and 12 inches away for flower. Going by par, you want about 600 in veg and 900 in flower. You can usually give them more than this without issue. But it's a good guide.

For temperatures. Cannabis like is about where we do. Within a few degrees. Anywhere from 20 to 28 should be fine. If possible try cooling the room down. Ac units work great for this. My tent is in my spare room, the entire room is climate controlled via ac and dehumidifier.
While this might not be possible in your case, good ventilation and rh can make up for it. I suggest a 4" or even a 6" ducting fan, if you are worried about smell then filter too.

Ducting it out a window or in to your attic is a great way to purge the thick hot air from the tent.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Cancerbites

Cancerbites

From the manufacturer of your led they reccomend 16 to 18 inches away for veg and 12 inches away for flower. Going by par, you want about 600 in veg and 900 in flower. You can usually give them more than this without issue. But it's a good guide.

For temperatures. Cannabis like is about where we do. Within a few degrees. Anywhere from 20 to 28 should be fine. If possible try cooling the room down. Ac units work great for this. My tent is in my spare room, the entire room is climate controlled via ac and dehumidifier.
While this might not be possible in your case, good ventilation and rh can make up for it. I suggest a 4" or even a 6" ducting fan, if you are worried about smell then filter too.

Ducting it out a window or in to your attic is a great way to purge the thick hot air from the tent.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help.Iā€™m going to go ahead and order what you recommended or something similar as they donā€™t ship to my location! I am also going to try putting a few wet towels in there to see if that helps with the humidity and as a last resort put a humidifier in there. I just checked on them this morning and theyā€™re looking pretty good with two exceptions.
I noticed on the BB kush that at the very tips, a few of the leaves are turning white( just a teeny tiny bit). See picture below. ....Not sure if its shock from the transplant or a nutrient deficiency or too much light? Also on my GC I noticed the difference in color from the center to the outer leaves. Is this normal or also a nutrient deficiency?
The last picture is a picture of the leaves on my Bb ...Iā€™m really concerned about the curling I hope itā€™s just over watering and something I can fix
I really appreciate all your help!!! ā¤ I try to do as much research as I can on my own but itā€™s difficult so I really appreciate your time ( The chemotherapy has muddled my brain so much and itā€™s difficult to focus on so many things at once ) itā€™s people in a community , like you , that makes this world a better place.

A2C772FD D836 45C4 9A28 8604A17BD66E
ED4FCCDE 4E58 494D A04D 73A26A6EAB62
30A809EB 047F 4F24 9D43 FBCA6108CECD
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you so much for your help.Iā€™m going to go ahead and order what you recommended or something similar as they donā€™t ship to my location! I am also going to try putting a few wet towels in there to see if that helps with the humidity and as a last resort put a humidifier in there. I just checked on them this morning and theyā€™re looking pretty good with two exceptions.
I noticed on the BB kush that at the very tips, a few of the leaves are turning white( just a teeny tiny bit). See picture below. ....Not sure if its shock from the transplant or a nutrient deficiency or too much light? Also on my GC I noticed the difference in color from the center to the outer leaves. Is this normal or also a nutrient deficiency?
The last picture is a picture of the leaves on my Bb ...Iā€™m really concerned about the curling I hope itā€™s just over watering and something I can fix
I really appreciate all your help!!! ā¤ I try to do as much research as I can on my own but itā€™s difficult so I really appreciate your time ( The chemotherapy has muddled my brain so much and itā€™s difficult to focus on so many things at once ) itā€™s people in a community , like you , that makes this world a better place.
Hi, I don't think you need that kind of power to veg them under, I use t-5 and t-8 florescent's about 200 watts in total and can grow some pretty big plants. They don't put out much heat and I can keep the lights just a few inches off the top of them without burning the leaves. 2x4ft T-8 are cheap inexpensive fixtures with the right lamps they work pretty well and would solve your heat issue.

I've also picked up humidifiers cheap in Value Village stores $5--$10 (discount used) and they work like new once cleaned and they're readily available if there's any store like that around you. Some just mist others heat and mist depending on your needs.

Good luck in whatever you do.

Top Bottom