Help Needed! Browning leaves not stopping the progression

• Thread starter virginiarookie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

virginiarookie

any advice would be great. Leaves started browning and continues to get worse. Plants are in the stage theyre starting to produce buds. I water about every two days. Water leaks out the bottom. Originally thought it was nutrient burn, using fox farm nutrients. Cut the nutrients out and even after doing so it's getting worse
Help needed browning leaves not stopping the progression

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Looks like a case of drowning your plant. Do not water again until the bag is dry. At least 4 or 5 days. No water at all. Pot Plants do not like wet feet. When the pot is dried out pick up your routine but about 1/2 the water you have been giving it. 1/2 as often. I'd like to see a better overall pic as well.

Tatace

Tatace

Hey, the symptoms seem to lead to a lack of nitrogen and phosphorus, cannabis is a fast growing plant and it is much easier to give less than more (My personal opinion). Before watering them with additional nutrients, I advise you to check two things
1) The pH of the water dripping under the pots should be between 5.5 and 6.3, if it is not correct your solution until you bring the pH of the soil to the desired level (the best is 6.2 in soil if not I err)
2) Check that you are not watering the plants too often, wait for the earth to dry at least on the surface (2 cm deep) this is because watering too much causes the roots to rot due to the anaerobic growth of bacteria. Good luck friend!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey, the symptoms seem to lead to a lack of nitrogen and phosphorus, cannabis is a fast growing plant and it is much easier to give less than more (My personal opinion). Before watering them with additional nutrients, I advise you to check two things
1) The pH of the water dripping under the pots should be between 5.5 and 6.3, if it is not correct your solution until you bring the pH of the soil to the desired level (the best is 6.2 in soil if not I err)
2) Check that you are not watering the plants too often, wait for the earth to dry at least on the surface (2 cm deep) this is because watering too much causes the roots to rot due to the anaerobic growth of bacteria. Good luck friend!

It's not easy to change the soil pH once there is a plant in it. Soil should be between about 6.5 pH +/- a little bit. Your soil should be your buffer, making pH corrections of the water unnecessary. I don't mean to contradict you but your recommendation sounds like good coco practices, not soil.

The OP's problem is 100% due to watering too frequently. No amount of nutrients will help until the watering regimen is worked out. The soil needs to dry back before watering again. Once he's fixed that, then nutrition becomes important. Right now, the roots aren't healthy because its been kept too wet.

Tatace

Tatace

It's not easy to change the soil pH once there is a plant in it. Soil should be between about 6.5 pH +/- a little bit. Your soil should be your buffer, making pH corrections of the water unnecessary. I don't mean to contradict you but your recommendation sounds like good coco practices, not soil.

The OP's problem is 100% due to watering too frequently. No amount of nutrients will help until the watering regimen is worked out. The soil needs to dry back before watering again. Once he's fixed that, then nutrition becomes important. Right now, the roots aren't healthy because its been kept too wet.
I quote since you seem to be much more informed than myself regarding cultivation in soil. Honestly, I've never grown with substrate only hydroponics and lately aeroponics, I was trying to help out the boy as much as I could :)

V

virginiarookie

it's 3 gallon pots, 2 liters of water split between 2 3 gallon pots! Thanks for the info guys!

V

virginiarookie

Looks like a case of drowning your plant. Do not water again until the bag is dry. At least 4 or 5 days. No water at all. Pot Plants do not like wet feet. When the pot is dried out pick up your routine but about 1/2 the water you have been giving it. 1/2 as often. I'd like to see a better overall pic as well.
I'll try this! I'll follow up with yall for results! Thank you

Madbud

Madbud

Get the bag off the tray more. I would trim off the really bad leaves, get air flowing under the bag and aim a small fan/heater at the bag to dry it out.

Top Bottom