Help Needed Dialing In New Room

• Thread starter GoneP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoneP

GoneP

So im doing my first run in a new room and i'm running into problems trying to dial the environment due to low temps. its an insulated room inside a non insulated garage. room is about 320 cubic feet, with a 6 inch 440 cfm inline for exhaust, insulated ducting, aircooled 1000w magnum xxxl, glass cover on. passive intake vent.

lights on temps are at 73 degrees, but dips to 70. lights off temps have gone as low as 58, too cold for the first week of flower. the exhaust fan came with a built in speed controller, which i have set to lowest speed but it's still drawing in too much cold air from the passive intake vent, which is appropriately sized.

how can i resolve the cooler temps during lights on? would removing the glass cover and runnin bare hood do the trick? are there any fan controllers out there that will allow me to lower the speed of the inline more? what about the thermostatic controllers like the titan mercury 3? would that be a better choice?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Remove the glass, run open hoods, with good in/exhaust fans going for good air exchange. Might need to run a heater lights off. Actually deffinately gonna need one. Get an oil filled/sealed type of heater. Put on a timer.

GoneP

GoneP

well i ended up removing the glass and it brought up the temps by about 4 degrees....but its still moving too much air and the plants are taking a hit because of it....the inline fan i have is this one
71z15F1TAuL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inli...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0R7R3WTK7NF775JZ9RWN

the variable speed controller is attached to the fan as you can see. but it's crap. the "low" setting is more like medium. i stupidly went out and bought a generic fan speed controller to hook it up to the fan with hopes that the new controller would get me to 25% speed, but it's doesnt work correctly because of the controller already attached to the fan.

would it be possible to cut the cable were the attached controller is and splice it back together without the controller and then hook it up to to the external one i bought instead?

Top Bottom