help needed keeping cuttings/mummy plants

• Thread starter smokey79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokey79

smokey79

Hi there, am trying to kep a mummy or two by taking cuttings from my best plants, I am looking for hints and tips on how to keep these cuttings long term min gowth as spare room at premium, also mums,I have regenarated a plant and wish to keep her as a mummy any help appriciated.
,any thanks:harvest::bongsmi::bongsmi:

B

bentripin

root-bind them in smaller planters, but the'll become dependent on strict watering schedule however growth will stall as roots struggle for room.

also flurocent lighting for moms if ur veging under a HID will help ya keep em smaller longer.. you can try messing with photo cycles by giving it as little light as possible w/out letting it sleep long enough to trigger flowering.. doubt this is an option if you dont have a separate mother area tho.

eventully, if ur trying to keep small moms your likely going to find it's easier to start a new mother every once and a while. Just revolve in a new mother cut every once and a while, wait for it to grow into a happy & healthy mom then either cull or flower the old mother.

bloads

bloads

eventully, if ur trying to keep small moms your likely going to find it's easier to start a new mother every once and a while. Just revolve in a new mother cut every once and a while, wait for it to grow into a happy & healthy mom then either cull or flower the old mother.

Is genetic degradation from clone generations a myth, or does it have some truth to it?

budboy299

budboy299

I believe as long as the mother the clone was taken from was healthy and not stressed...the baby will be healthy. I forget who but a major breeder often suggested putting moms outdoors in the summer for a couple months to increase their health and vigour. Be aware though that pest can and more than likely will be an affecting factor. If I take a cut from an outdoor plant, I root it outdoors and spray it heavily for mites before bringing it in. Even if nothing is visible!!!

to slow babies growth I keep them in my cold celler, which stays quite cool, and also under flourescents T8s which are dimmer. Seems to really slow them down.

B

bentripin

Is genetic degradation from clone generations a myth, or does it have some truth to it?

SciFi Myth, I believe its how the Azguard on StarGate all died off.. but it sure in the fuck has nothing to do w/pot plants in this reality.

Ive got legendary clone-only strains that have been circulating for several decades, havent change a bit after all these years of cloning.

A

AliasAO

Here a good thread about maintaining moms in small spaces and a bit about cutting clones.

Hope it helps on your grow quest:

--AO

devious d

devious d

topping and manipulationas smirkis said also unpotting and sawing at least and 1-2 inches off the rootball from all sides if been in 6.5 then put in a smaller pot, but easier and healthy to keep them trimmed up

bloads

bloads

SciFi Myth, I believe its how the Azguard on StarGate all died off.. but it sure in the fuck has nothing to do w/pot plants in this reality.

Ive got legendary clone-only strains that have been circulating for several decades, havent change a bit after all these years of cloning.

GREAT to know. Thanks!

Top Bottom