Help Needed Strange Bugs

• Thread starter Deepsand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Deepsand

Ok so I just checked the buds and here are the photos. They are definetly not as far along as the trichs on the leaves. What are your thoughts?

18 07 21 184028
18 09 07 162157
18 09 07 162130
18 09 07 162107
18 09 07 162003
18 08 29 173312
18 07 24 181946
18 07 24 181745
18 07 21 184049
18 07 21 184042
Phylex

Phylex

One last thing I didn’t mention about my regiment. I am using the Azaguard on the very first spray and spraying the top soil for the mites that fall off. After that, AzaGuard will only be used as preventative maintenance.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Ok so I just checked the buds and here are the photos. They are definetly not as far along as the trichs on the leaves. What are your thoughts?
No they are not as far along.
When you get many grows under your belt you will begin to be able to really see when the buds are ripe. It's to the point I don't even have to use a scope anymore.

You should use all the tools in the box tho when you are just learning so that you get it right every time.
Pistils, swollen calyx, trichomes, and overall appearance is all contributing factors.

D

Deepsand

One last thing I didn’t mention about my regiment. I am using the Azaguard on the very first spray and spraying the top soil for the mites that fall off. After that, AzaGuard will only be used as preventative maintenance.

Do you know anything about azamax or big time exterminator(citric acid based)? Is it to late to use these? Only other thing I have is neem oil but I doubt that will work for spider mites if that's what they are. I hate using the insecticides this late in the game.

Perception

Perception

I really don’t know what bugs are causing those black spots, but I’ve had bad spider mites and have not seen black dots before. Although I really can’t confirm or deny if you have mites.

Some quick googling and i found something that looks very similar here. Thrips maybe?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=270959

Any which way, you got some bugs. The question now is: do you want to use chemical sprays so close to harvest? All natural solutions? Or just hose it off well and pray that things don’t get much worse.

If it was me, and I thought I was 3 or 4 weeks from harvest, I’d hit it with OG Biowar Foliar pack Foliar spray, or possibly a neem oil Foliar spray if i was really worried.

Perception

Perception

Oh, and per your last post, neem will definitely knock out spider mites. I’ve had great results. But I’d confirm what you have first.

D

Deepsand

Oh, and per your last post, neem will definitely knock out spider mites. I’ve had great results. But I’d confirm what you have first.

I wish I would have put a microscope on them this morning. I cant find any on the plant now but they are probably there somewhere. To me the looked like spider mites but I have never seen those in person so I'm not sure. They moved slowly and didnt really try to evade me when prodding them.

D

Deepsand

Do you know anything about azamax or big time exterminator(citric acid based)? Is it to late to use these? Only other thing I have is neem oil but I doubt that will work for spider mites if that's what they are. I hate using the insecticides this late in the game.

BTW I looked up the flying skull and it has same ingredients as this big time exterminator. I will blast the plant with it tonight and see what other options the hydro store has tomorrow.

D

Deepsand

Trichs haven't even matured enough to turn clear yet. Plant is weeks away from proper harvest window. Been doing this 14 years.

Are you saying they start out cloudy.. turn clear and go back to cloudy? Confused with your response.

Perception

Perception

One other thing regarding viewing the trichs under microscope: the light from the scope can be very deceiving, and can make them look cloudy sometimes, but it’s just light reflecting. Make sure you try using different lamps to illuminate, and also try looking at them in daylight (not necessarily direct sunlight), without a flashlight or scope light, and I bet you’ll see different things.

I had an indoor plant that I was SURE was ready once. Took it out on the deck to chop, and looked through a loupe in daylight and was shocked to see that I was wayyyy wrong. Was still two weeks away.

The articles online make it sound easy, but it takes experience, and practice, to learn how to judge ripeness. There are no short cuts - just takes a few grows (or many, in my case). Sounds like you are doing everything right though.

D

Deepsand

Bug pics aren’t that clear but i guess lady bug pupae. I would baggie them to see what develops

I never thought that it could be a beneficial insect. Thanks for the idea. I only found 1 leaf with them on it and I relocated it.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
This is the sweet spot to check for amber colors. Harvesting at milky stage will make some shit racey weed.

Looking at this pic of mine; maybe 2-4 weeks to go still, it’s a indica , slow ripening strain

34EF1A0F FE15 4C68 9BD5 8E9D0E407AA8
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
2 weeks or less bro, pretty close, watch it say every few days to see when the first ambers appears, then u have 7 approximate days to harvest

Top Bottom