Help needed...Why the color difference??

• Thread starter Bullmark69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Hello all, my first try at indoor with autos. 3 plants, all in 100% FFOF. One plant was started 10 days later but started flowering the same time as the older ones. So basically all 3 are in roughly week 2-3 of flowering. Other than some minor yellow/burnt tips, probably from the hot soil, I’ve seen no real issues. The pics show the younger plant in the middle. I just began to give a small, about 1/3rd, dose of bloom nutes. Before that it was only water and a touch of fish sh!t.
My question is why the younger plant is dark green and the other 2 are a lighter shade. I don’t know whether the one is too dark or the others are too light. Other than the soil being a little more/less depleted of amendments, all 3 plants have been treated the same. Strain is super skunk auto, under HLG 320XL LED.
For the record, I don’t see any yellowing on any of the plants, even the lower parts.
Some insight here would really be appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
Help neededwhy the color difference
Help neededwhy the color difference 2

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don't worry about one plant being darker than others if they're all from seed (and not cloned from a single mother plant). It's just a different pheno.

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Don't worry about one plant being darker than others if they're all from seed (and not cloned from a single mother plant). It's just a different pheno.
Clearly I don’t understand phenotypes....all 3 are the same strain (same seed pack).....is this different from phenotypes??
Does either variety look like they need anything??

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Clearly I don’t understand phenotypes....all 3 are the same strain (same seed pack).....is this different from phenotypes??
Does either variety look like they need anything??
Each parent plant donated half their genes to create the plants you have now. They didn't donate the same half to each plant. This is the source of variation within families with the same parents, whether plants, humans or whatever.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Different phenos are also the reason many of us prefer photoperiod plants rather than autos. Grow out a pack of seeds and some plants will be different, in scent, potency and effects. With photoperiod plants, I can keep a cut of that special plant and grow it again and again.

If you find a special auto, you can't keep it. You have to roll the dice again with seeds and hope for the best.

Top Bottom