Help needed with starting popped beans in coco

• Thread starter UCMETOO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMETOO

UCMETOO

wanted to know if anyone had any advice for starting their already popped beans (popped yesterday) in coco, Ph of h2o is at 5.9 but i wanted to know about moisture content, and any thing else you farmers could tell me !!!

homebrew420

homebrew420

feed from the get go . maybe not full strength 1.1-1.4 EC as far as moisture goes, it is difficult to over water coir. Good luck

Peace

H

hogan400

I never started beans in coco, however It's similar to soil for early clone growth. You know, kinda slow and retains a small amt of moisture. I would feed a "weak" solution to start, since you can never be 100% sure there's no residual salt. I would also try some cal/mag product since they have light nitrogen. Some coco's are precharged with foods, make sure yours isnt...

PH around 6.1 until bloom, (then 5.8 after) gives solid results, as well as using some bloom formulations to promote explosive root growth a couple weeks after the seeds pop. Usually I only do this on clones since there is no tap root, however I tried it recently on 2 week old seedlings about 6" tall and it made a quick difference in root growth. I only tried it a week every other watering. Good luck man.

Intense

Intense

I'd be feeding them from the get-go too.

Did you rinse the coco first?

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

sorry ive been slow getting back to you,......everything is looking great!!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I never started beans in coco, however It's similar to soil for early clone growth. You know, kinda slow and retains a small amt of moisture. I would feed a "weak" solution to start, since you can never be 100% sure there's no residual salt. I would also try some cal/mag product since they have light nitrogen. Some coco's are precharged with foods, make sure yours isnt...

PH around 6.1 until bloom, (then 5.8 after) gives solid results, as well as using some bloom formulations to promote explosive root growth a couple weeks after the seeds pop. Usually I only do this on clones since there is no tap root, however I tried it recently on 2 week old seedlings about 6" tall and it made a quick difference in root growth. I only tried it a week every other watering. Good luck man.

What was the bloom formulation you were using on the little girls,......sounds like it made a difference!!

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

make sure you put the seedling in the coco the right way.;)

H

hogan400

sorry man, I used identical to desert sq root profile with dyno bloom and a touch of cal mag..

F

fuzzy

Im cheap so i just use dutch master gold bloom at 1/4 to 1/2 strength on cuttings and seedlings.I also use dutch master bloom throughout veg-bloom.Just like soil,you dont want to overwater this early because theres not enough plant there to wick it up yet.just my 2pennies,Peace&Happy New Year,fuzzy

catdaddy

catdaddy

feed from the get go . maybe not full strength 1.1-1.4 EC as far as moisture goes, it is difficult to over water coir. Good luck

Peace
need a little clarification, how many ppms is that on your meter and what type of meter do you use? if i am not mistaked, isn't that around 550-700 ppms (at least on my meter) and isn't that to strong of a mix to be hitting a seedling with?
thanks in advance.

what would you consider a weak solution? and did you add this solution to the coir before you dropped the seedling into it?
thanks in advance.

H

hogan400

I would flush the coco very well with pure water and plant em. Or
If you wanted to do a weak solution, start with pure water, and mix it to say 150-200ppm of a PH balanced food. Then when you plant, you know what you are starting with. Once the baby takes hold and starts to get a few mature leaves I'd try something with a little more P to increase rooting.. But be sure its weak solution until they are able to handle more...

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

feed em early and use good coco like rhp sealed nutrifield that doesn't need to be flushed first

homebrew420

homebrew420

5000-700 sounds right. They do not stress at this level. The nutes used contain nothing "hot" no urea or ammonia. They love this from start to about 12 in then up the feeding, really more light intensity is goin to be the determining factor

Top Bottom