Help needed.

• Thread starter JayMan9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayMan9

JayMan9

Good morning, I am having difficulties with 2 of my plants. started from seed under 24/0 light. Placed outdoor after hardening off and 2 of 5 plants started to flower. I removed the flowers and now the plants have stalled for around 3 weeks. over the last week they look less healthy, very dark green and some brown spots have now appeared. How do I get them to go vegetative again?

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Ah yes being at mother nature’s mercy is a brutal one but something an outdoor grower just has to embrace. If you went right from 24/0 lighting to hardening off outside (maybe 16/8 lighting outdoors) then that could be a big enough switch to trigger a flower. One thing you could do is give them more sunlight by putting them in a sunnier location. Otherwise maybe try to put it under the light again and reveg it.

I’m sure picking off the buds was quite stressful for the plant and it doesn’t know what to do since it was trying to flower. These plants can also take up to 4 weeks to show any signs of vegetative growth so trying to re veg puts a huge stall on the growth of the plant.

This actually happened to me this year as well, but not from the light switch. I planted my babies outdoors in the ground about a month ago and only one of the plants is beginning to flower, and they all are in the same location. Was trying to figure out how to re veg the plant but might as well embrace what nature has given me, some bud that will be harvested early. Sometimes that’s just the best thing to do, let nature do it’s thing and you sit back and watch it happen.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

In my option running your plants 24 7 does them a disservice, plants like people need rest, you are unnecessary stressing your plants, most people run there plants 18 on 6 off including me, that 6 off is important or everyone would do it, all your getting is a bigger light bill.

JayMan9

JayMan9

Thanks for the replies.

I'm curious about them being males comment. I'm certain they were females to start and I'm guessing the stress that I mistakenly put them under has turned them male? What are you seeing that is telling you they are males?

WhiteBoyWill

WhiteBoyWill

It looks like you cut off all the side branches witch would cause it to not really grow anymore until its fully recovered. But that one definitely look like a female to me.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I've got two plants in pots side by side in a greenhouse, all the same conditions.
20190622 153940

20190621 180828

Both started flowering first week of May. One has continued and is now on day 47 while the other reverted to veg with no deformities or even a hint it stressed the plant. Very strange.

If you continue starting them under lights only do 14/10 or they will flower when put outside. Cannabis is photo sensitive and flowers with shorter days.

JayMan9

JayMan9

It looks like you cut off all the side branches witch would cause it to not really grow anymore until its fully recovered. But that one definitely look like a female to me.
I only cut off the flower, which was on the top of the plant. All other branches are still on the plant.

JayMan9

JayMan9

Does anyone out there have any more advise on how to re-veg a plant. I have two buddies that have plants that are flowering already.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Does anyone out there have any more advise on how to re-veg a plant. I have two buddies that have plants that are flowering already.
Just leave them outside, most will revert with the longer days or bring them inside under light.

Ina

Ina

You didn't have to cut ,they would reveg from the flower.The flower is the branch.Now they have only leaves,not branches:)I don't know if they can grow this way,interesting!

Top Bottom