Help needed!

• Thread starter bobby34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobby34

This is my new set up, im using 2 x 32 BD UC's ive got 8 x 600 watt dimmable ballasts over each set up. which are on 400 watt at the mo. The room is cooled by an opticlimate so temps are set at 26 lights on 22 lights off. CO2 is at 800PPM. The girls have been propagated for 3 weeks in 4 inch rock wool. Fed on rhizotonic, roots excel and formulex and looked awsesome when they went in. In the system now i have ionic grow, Regenaroot and wiltgaurd. EC - 1.3 and im not using RO water. Girls have been hand fed 2-3 times a day. i also have a humidifier but the humidity seems to only get to 43%, The opticlimate seems to suck the air very dry even though i have the opti humidity sensor on 80%

To me they just look shite and i cant work out why,, also some of the petioles are purple and leaves very small???

Any ideas very welcome.

Help needed
Help needed 2
Help needed 3
Help needed 4
Help needed 5
Help needed 6
B

bobby34

I will add this is my first time in a sealed room with CO2.

sixstring

sixstring

First thing that comes to mind is whats in your water?i run my girls start to finish in 35% rh, if they are healthy rh makes little difference imo.ionic is good stuff.what kind of res temps are you getting?

B

bobby34

Water levels are just touching the bottom of the net pots and pretty much all pots have roots out of them so i will cover with some reflective material tomorrow. Is 800ppm ok for co2???

sixstring

sixstring

800ppm is good, if totally sealed it wouldnt hurt to be higher but your already double the normal levels for outside air.is it city water? No telling what they are treating it with at any given time.im not familiar with anything your using except the ionic so idk.maybe someone else will help.how close are the bulbs to the canopy.

sixstring

sixstring

It surely wouldn't hurt to try to raise your rh to 60% while you sort this out, if I you can raise it.

B

bobby34

Cool thanks dude,,, Bulbs are about 4 foot at the moment. Yeah city water but its been good in the past.

sixstring

sixstring

What is the wiltguard? Is that in the res or something you spray on them?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

What's your ec out of the tap? I start my UC at 250-300ppm on the 500 scale. Running tap when it's coming out at 250ppm I land at 500ppm. I top out my grow at 600ppm ro and 800 tap..

B

bobby34

Wilt guard is by canadian express and is a root conditioner, Ive pulled half of the systems today and replaced with fresh water so EC is 1.0. I went in at half strength with regenaroot and wilt guard to start with so may be that was way too much. Im covering all the lids at the moment also to prevent any light leaks!.

B

bobby34

Cheers for the help guys,, bit of a noob mistake on my behalf i think not realising the power of the UC lol!!!

B

bobby34

Ive flushed again today and bought the nutes down to 0.8 ec. ph 5.8 temps 26c lights on 23c off. Out of the tap my water is 0.4 , girls still look terrible but the roots are really white and healthy?? Could it of been too much light to start perhaps??

IMG 0885
IMG 0886
IMG 0887
IMG 0884
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I just read that you had them in 4 in cubes before transfer? I have noticed when using 4 in cubes things took just a bit longer than normal. Just something I noticed and to keep in mind. To me they look a little hungry which is normal for strong healthy plants when entering the UC. I would spray them with some epson salt at lights out. I would also raise lights as high as you can get them till the girls settle. I also keep my water a bit on the warm side just till roots set, 72°. I look forward to seeing things take off for you real soon...

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

to me they look water logged, could be the rw cube or not enough air going into your buckets. what you running for air pumps and stones? also might drop your ec more until they adapt.

B

bobby34

Cheers guys,, OK cool much appreciated. Im just using the air pumps that came with the system but i have extended the lines slightly so i can get the pumps out side of the rooms. air force pro's they seem pretty good!.

B

bobby34

Ive done complete change outs again today, Im using CC veg with regenaroot from canadian express @ 450ppm on the 500 scale. Tap comes out at 250 , water temps 20c- 21c , rooms temps 26 lights on 23 off. Im having a problem keeping the humidity up. Ive got a hr 15 but im using an opticlimate which dehumidifies during its cooling cycle. Can only seem to 30%. Could this have the impact im seeing??. The plants look seriously deficient and drooping and the petioles are very purple. Ive also noticed some kind of white residue in the airlines, almost looks chalky. The air pumps are out side the rooms but i have a carbon filter running to prevent any smells. Could this cause a slight pull on the grow room and co2 be getting into the airpumps??? Roots seem fine but im really lost now as to what the problem could be?.

IMG 0892
IMG 0893
IMG 0898
IMG 0900
IMG 0912
IMG 0910
IMG 0902
IMG 0907
IMG 0904
IMG 0903
IMG 0905
B

bobby34

My mates just showed me how he hand watered the plants. He had totally saturated the blocks!. They are bone dry now but the jiffy is still slightly moist. Could this be a result of what im seeing???.

B

bobby34

to me they look water logged, could be the rw cube or not enough air going into your buckets. what you running for air pumps and stones? also might drop your ec more until they adapt.
I have extended the air lines by about 5 meters, could this result in a lot less air reaching the pots???

Latest posts

Top Bottom