HELP!! New growth turning yellow

• Thread starter AutoHead420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AutoHead420

AutoHead420

They germinated grew to about 3 inches first main levers grew out but plants in organic coco and the ones in soil seem to be a bright yellowish green and just the inside part of the main leaves are yellowing. The issue starts in the center of the new growth not effecting anything else. Plants still seem to be growing little by little could this be light, iron, or watering issue. I run 5.9 ph for the organic coco and 6.5 for the soil

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They germinated grew to about 3 inches first main levers grew out but plants in organic coco and the ones in soil seem to be a bright yellowish green and just the inside part of the main leaves are yellowing. The issue starts in the center of the new growth not effecting anything else. Plants still seem to be growing little by little could this be light, iron, or watering issue. I run 5.9 ph for the organic coco and 6.5 for the soil
pictures of plants and set up..
temp? humidity?

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

Temp is between 72 and 78 maybe 70 lights off, humidity between 45 and 58 fluctuates slightly when entered or ac infinity kicks on , running 2 mars hydro 1000w 1 for each set of 4 both set at 65% and lights are 24 inches away per manufacturer . Only watered with h20 since placed in there pots. About a week ago I put them in after they popped showed through the soil about 4 days ago will get a better pic of the worst one soon

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya ok picture., looks like your good.. just don’t water too much (frequently).. wet/dry cycle, roots need to grow and get some foundation for growing above..
seedlings do not need any nutrients (NPK) until the two small round cotyledon leaves yellow and start to die off,,
you’ll know if your in trouble if the base of your stem at the soil starts to darken brown black, a sign that death is near.. your good there!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
we’re about at the same stage, mine are 6 days up..

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

Thats awesome I got autos going and I figured they don't like transplant so I started them off in 3 gallon for their life. And this is what I got going on in clarity

20210118 190411
20210118 190348
20210118 190340
20210118 190343
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
look at the stem for me at where it meets the soil, is thinning and browning?
if so google damping off..

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

As a point of understanding, and of interest, why do you place your seedlings into such a large pot. The reason I ask is because the size of pot is so large that many new growers overwater their plants in wetting down their mediums. Think about how much roots are in that massive bucket and how much water this plant actually needs when watering. Staying in a smaller pot also helps roots establish better before transplanting them into a bigger pot. As a rule of thumb, plants should always be bigger than their pots (with the exception of clones and seedlings which could start in a solo cup 👍

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
As a point of understanding, and of interest, why do you place your seedlings into such a large pot. The reason I ask is because the size of pot is so large that many new growers overwater their plants in wetting down their mediums. Think about how much roots are in that massive bucket and how much water this plant actually needs when watering. Staying in a smaller pot also helps roots establish better before transplanting them into a bigger pot. As a rule of thumb, plants should always be bigger than their pots (with the exception of clones and seedlings which could start in a solo cup 👍
think those are auto’s

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It is said to not transplant autos so they dont stall and delay growing since they are on a time clock so to speak.

I think the bad watering practices cause more problems than a good transplant would though.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

Selective watering , when you start an auto in there final container you don't feed as much as what grown plant would need. I don't water my seedlings with a gallon maybe between a half a cup to a full cup ever few days when the medium is dry. Depending on soil or coco. The coco seems to hold more water so I water it less. I see its highly recommended to keep autos in the same pot start to finish you just have to watch how much water you give them so you don't drown them. If this was a standard photo period strain I would start out in a small nursery pot , than to a 1 gallon 3 than 5 for my space.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

From what I see no browing or purple change in the stem they seem to be a duller shade of green

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Selective watering , when you start an auto in there final container you don't feed as much as what grown plant would need. I don't water my seedlings with a gallon maybe between a half a cup to a full cup ever few days when the medium is dry. Depending on soil or coco. The coco seems to hold more water so I water it less. I see its highly recommended to keep autos in the same pot start to finish you just have to watch how much water you give them so you don't drown them. If this was a standard photo period strain I would start out in a small nursery pot , than to a 1 gallon 3 than 5 for my space.

Yes we understand but you are not keeping keeping a decent wet zone for the growing roots. Looks too dry. You have to keep going out in concentric circles that are kept moist. Not wet and surely not too dry for new roots.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

As a point of clarification, I asked why? Even if these are autos, the pots still seem big for an entire grow... and even if this is not his problem now, I'm just wondering why so big a pot? Growers have finished autos in solo cups, believe it or not.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

Yes we understand but you are not keeping keeping a decent wet zone for the growing roots. Looks too dry. You have to keep going out in concentric circles that are kept moist. Not wet and surely not too dry for new roots.

I'll try to give them an even feeding tonight, actually makes alot of since to me with how I've been feeding them. I thought it might have been iron but your answer leads me to believe that your correct because I haven't fully watered the soil yet only about 6 inches around the base of the plant. Ill try that tonight and give you guys an update through the next few days.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

As a point of clarification, I asked why? Even if these are autos, the pots still seem big for an entire grow... and even if this is not his problem now, I'm just wondering why so big a pot? Growers have finished autos in solo cups, believe it or not.

Im going by what the breeder suggests for pot size for the strain. I definitely would like to try that though , its amazing how its not root bound

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'll try to give them an even feeding tonight, actually makes alot of since to me with how I've been feeding them. I thought it might have been iron but your answer leads me to believe that your correct because I haven't fully watered the soil yet only about 6 inches around the base of the plant. Ill try that tonight and give you guys an update through the next few days.

they shouldnt need extra feed yet. Just water.

Top Bottom