Help new leaves start green then turn yellow

• Thread starter angeltrumpet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angeltrumpet

angeltrumpet

My seedlings have been in pots since 5th April. After 3 weeks the seedling developed light green leaves, then turning yellow after a few days. always the lower ones first. as soon as the new green leaves come after a week they would be would be much lighter . I, have checked the ph of run off as well as soil. The medium grown in is peat moss, compoct, coco, minerals, pgmix. The seedling ar now at week 8 and have only one set of true leaves.

I am thinking if It is a good idea to transplant to a fresh pot

Any comments would be appreciated 😢

Help  new leaves start green then turn yellow
Help  new leaves start green then turn yellow 2
Help  new leaves start green then turn yellow 3
Help  new leaves start green then turn yellow 4
Help  new leaves start green then turn yellow 5
Reactions: pdx
Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Hey brother, at that size they don't really need fertilizer. Think there is root decomposition taking place which is making it hard for your plant to grow and symptoms of yellow leaves are present. Just let her dry out and see if conditions/growths improve.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The yellowing means they are hungry. They could be hungry because the soil needs nutes, but as @Cannabizz suggested, a more likely cause is overwatering. This hurts the roots, which makes it hard for the plant to absorb nutes, so the plant looks deficient. Water less, only when the soil gets dry.

A less likely problem is that pH of the soil is out of range.

P

pdx

PDX
Adorable! I hope the little ones recover and grow into some big strong respectable ladies :)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

This plant is over 2 months old?

1. How often are you watering?

2. What and how much fertilizer are you using?

3. Soil composition?

Roots need oxygen and can't get any sitting in water.

angeltrumpet

angeltrumpet

3. Soil composition?

Adorable! I hope the little ones recover and grow into some big strong respectable ladies :)
🙁😰💩🤘🙏
Hey brother, at that size they don't really need fertilizer. Think there is root decomposition taking place which is making it hard for your plant to grow and symptoms of yellow leaves are present. Just let her dry out and see if conditions/growths improve.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

peat moss?

sphagnum moss in my area is much more expensive than peat moss.... i'm starting a grow with some sprouts, in simple mix - roughly 50% 'premium' potting mix, 25% compost, 25% perlite, handful of worm castings.

anyway, overwatering is the prime suspect. warmth should be ok.

angeltrumpet

angeltrumpet

Yes
Thanks . Yes I intend to let dry out. however,when I water it was every 3 - 4 days, or when the top was dry, only enough waterung to get a run off of around 20%/ It went through pretty fast when i watered I measured ph of ro and was 6.5 -7 ph. The medium it grows in is 7PH.

That is one of the reasons I was thinking of putting in their final pot with a circle circumference of around 15 cm for watering whilst they are so small, Unfortunately I am away very shortly for 2 months and have to leave in the care of a friend🙏

angeltrumpet

angeltrumpet

The yellowing means they are hungry. They could be hungry because the soil needs nutes, but as @Cannabizz suggested, a more likely cause is overwatering. This hurts the roots, which makes it hard for the plant to absorb nutes, so the plant looks deficient. Water less, only when the soil gets dry.

A less likely problem is that pH of the soil is out of range.

Exactly.
I had considered that after much reading of cannabis plant deficiencies, and considering the pots have been watered for 8 weeks. searching looking at tons of yellow leaves, came up with the same answers overwater/underwater, nitrogen deficient, calcium deficient, I gave a watered solution of epsom salts 3 days later the leaves were a strong green colour but day by day fading then tried with crushed eggshell for the calcium. I am trying to stick with as natural as possible but up to now .

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Yes

Thanks . Yes I intend to let dry out. however,when I water it was every 3 - 4 days, or when the top was dry, only enough waterung to get a run off of around 20%/ It went through pretty fast when i watered I measured ph of ro and was 6.5 -7 ph. The medium it grows in is 7PH.

That is one of the reasons I was thinking of putting in their final pot with a circle circumference of around 15 cm for watering whilst they are so small, Unfortunately I am away very shortly for 2 months and have to leave in the care of a friend🙏
Don't expect to return to anything unless the person caring for them knows what they're doing.

There are times I have to water potted plants twice a day and other times when it's overcast as it has been the past couple days I don't have to water for days. Plants tell a story, if we're able to listen. Too much water/fertilizer stunts growth.

angeltrumpet

angeltrumpet

3. Soil composition?

Yes that is my concern that there are no nutrients left in after 2 month, i tried epsom salts watered once with, and crushed eggshell for npk and calcium the size I am really disappointed the leaves never gow bigger always going lighter watering every 3 - 4 days or when top dry. The soil composition coconut, peat moss , organic compost , perlite.
advertised as being 100 % natural for growing special plants ie medicinal, herbs etc

😟

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Don't expect to return to anything unless the person caring for them knows what they're doing.

There are times I have to water potted plants twice a day and other times when it's overcast as it has been the past couple days I don't have to water for days. Plants tell a story, if we're able to listen. Too much water/fertilizer stunts growth.

Sometimes it's tricky for people who have experience, leaving it with someone with no experience can prove to be either a blessing or a curse. Best of luck! Hope she bounces back before you have to leave! You got this!

angeltrumpet

angeltrumpet

Time up. I transplanted the sick sedlings into final pot. I had 3 og lemon candy and stuck straight in final pots. The roots were white long and thin spaghetti type. One had little soil ball on end I crumbled very gently. Now Have to leave in the hands of mi amigo
Can always do autos when return

20190620 090650
angeltrumpet

angeltrumpet

Sorry i mean 2,og lemon candy seeds germinating in soil.

Thanks all for your help you all hit on something which seem to be the problem

Top Bottom