Help, New Room 20'x14' With Hood And Ventilation Setup.

• Thread starter straincreation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

hey guys been been away for a while just tryna get things going. im currently moving into a facility and have a room thats 20'x14' , im splitting the room into a flower room thats gonna run the 20' x7' with an "L" shape in mind which gives me room for an extra light at the end of the room. and the additional space after i build the wall will be my veg area..
Flower room:
so my plan is to run air cooled hoods, heres what ive got so far. im thinking of running a 6 inch filter at the end of the hoods with a fan about 450 cfm and this should be sufficient to cool the hoods constantly. then im gonna have one of the same style fans pumping air into the room. which is gonna be pulling cool air from my lung room..

do you think i should have a temp controller on that fan to stop the cool air from comng in once up to temp? or just have the outtake being the one dictating when to exhaust the room. which in turn freshens the air, and cools the room if tomuch heat is building up! i feel that im gonna need about 15,000 btus of cooling, since im running 5 lights, and that gives off about 19,000 if i cant put the ballasts in a remote area. which im hoping todo, but we will have to see if thats possible, if i can then i should be ok with the 15,000..

anyway if i do decide to have the outtake being the one with the control of the temp, should i just allow it to only vent when the room reaches temps too high, or would it be better to find out how long it takes for the room to get hot and just have it vents out every __:__ amount of minutes, for said amount of minutes until its cool again. or is this just unnecessary stress on my fans? would it just be better to have a temp controller on it, ive always used that in the past im just thinking i dont want to have hot spots in the room and it not turn on in time. just the size of the room im worried about.

ill be posting pics soon just to give you an idea of what im working with. thanks for your help in advance!

happy farmin:)

straincreation

straincreation

450cfm doesn't sound like enough to cool 5 even without a filter unless that air you're pulling in is SUPER cold. A 1.5-2 ton mini split without vented shades would be most efficient if that's doable- would pay for itself REAL quick
Thanks,I must have not been clear I am running 2 450 cfms fans so a total of 900 cfms going in... also I'm runnin 600w lights. The cfms weren't the issue I'll up it if I have to, the question is whether to have my outtakes with the temp c trolley or the intakes, or whether I should just have it clear the room every 15 min or so.. ILloyd just have to do a couple tests to see which is gonna be better. Thanks again for the input though.
Happy farmin

straincreation

straincreation

If you're not worried about your walls getting sucked in I'd leave the exhaust going so it didn't push stink out -temp control on intake. Or temp control controlling both simultaneously so u can introduce co2 more efficiently
thanks thats pretty much the idea i had just wanted some opinions.
happy farmin see how it turns out.

straincreation

straincreation

sio this is what i settled on im waiting for the rest of the ducting to come in.. i will also have a a fan cooling the hoods at the same time, im still completing the room. just though id giva an idea as to what it looks like. thanks again guys happy farmin!
DSCN0804
DSCN0805
DSCN0803

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Looking good @straincreation but why not seal that room up, ditch the glass and aircooled aspect of the hood and throw in a good A/C, humidifier, dehumidifier, to keep your environment perfect?? After all your environment is key for success, just food for thought..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looking good @straincreation but why not seal that room up, ditch the glass and aircooled aspect of the hood and throw in a good A/C, humidifier, dehumidifier, to keep your environment perfect?? After all your environment is key for success, just food for thought..
I agree, your bends on the duct are going to create a negative flow. Get some hard 90s so it can flow better. You'll loose serious cfm with that set up. I'd suggest going air tight and running co2. Remember with the mini split systems if you need to move your grow its gona cost to have a tech shut the system down and dismantle to move it and then reset it at your new location. Package units though you just cut and run.

straincreation

straincreation

Thanks guys. Rooms coming along I got a big window shaker it keeps my lung room around sixty, the 900 cfms of intake seems to cool it down pretty fast. I also added a 450 cfms fan to the outtake. I considered sealing it, I've always grown without co2, with solid results, tbh at this point I'm just trying to keep monthly cost to a minimum, once we get going things may change.

I'm interested in the package units @1diesel1 mentioned sounds like what I will be interested in the future. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I will also take care to check my angles on the ducting but I believe, due to the fact I want adjust my light height, they are the best they can be.

Thanks again guys
Happy farmin

straincreation

straincreation

Also I am just considering getting some co2 but, in order seal this room all the way will be a mission, the way I built it out, I was thinking of having some passive intake ports, but the volume of air is pretty good on the way in. We will have to dial it in once I get it all running. Then see if I can keep the smell down enough to run co2 a couple hours a day.

Top Bottom