Help! New to this And my ladies are sad

• Thread starter Nicitron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nicitron

Nicitron

I am a newbie. So I need some advice. I’ve had these gals as clones for a few weeks. They are in coco. I began with fox farms trio at the prescribed rate of grow big and big bloom. Reading more about coco I added cal mag into the regimen about three days ago. They are growing but don’t seem too happy. I’m not sure if it’s too much nutrients for them or cal mag diff. Thoughts?
Help new to this and my ladies are sad 3
Help new to this and my ladies are sad
Help new to this and my ladies are sad 2

BowHammer

BowHammer

are you HFF "High-frequency fertigation"? Coco is tricky unless you know what you are doing. If you are not feeding and watering at least 3 times a day in coco you are not doing it right. Also, did you buffer your coco with calmag prior to potting in? Coco leaches calmag from the plant you will need to add calmag every water. And you will need to measure ec in flow and run off to judge how much more you need to fertigate, as I posted above check out that link you will thank me if you want to grow in coco.

Last edited:
HighBuddha

HighBuddha

It's is definitely not nute burn as it would show up on only leaf tips first.

You can rule out overwatering with coco

I'm leaning towards a deficiency.

Cal mag should have been used from day 1 I believe. Growth that was effected won't get better so keep using the calmag and make sure it doesn't get worse

BowHammer

BowHammer

I believe it's just harder for them to uptake nutrients in the soil formula while growing in coco.
na this is a ec problem lack of fertigation and probably failure to pre-buffer the medium it can be fixed but she has to get her numbers right on that inflow and runoff, and I agree she would probably do better with full synthetic nutrients, simply because DTW coco

Nicitron

Nicitron

are you HFF "High-frequency fertigation"? Coco is tricky unless you know what you are doing. If you are not feeding and watering at least 3 times a day in coco you are not doing it right. Also, did you buffer your coco with calmag prior to potting in? Coco leaches calmag from the plant you will need to add calmag every water. And you will need to measure ec in flow and run off to judge how much more you need to fertigate, as I posted above check out that link you will thank me if you want to grow in coco.
The

Nicitron

Nicitron

The coco was supposed to be buffered when I picked it up. So no I didn’t buffer it at all. I’m using the cal mag daily to required dosage now. What do you recommend that I do next?

Nicitron

Nicitron

I don’t see any link. Am you send it to me directly? With all the reading I am doing I might as well include it 🤣

BowHammer

BowHammer

The coco was supposed to be buffered when I picked it up. So no I didn’t buffer it at all. I’m using the cal mag daily to required dosage now. What do you recommend that I do next?
from what i understand it is never up to par and needs further buffering

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

If you have EC or Ph problems, your best bet is to flush. The good thing about coco, is you can get an accurate idea of the root zone by checking the run-off. Essentially, add 3 times the container size of water. There will be tons of run off, so be prepared for that and don't let the pot sit in the standing water. Once you do that, wait about 20 minutes and then pour a small amount through the pot again, collect that water and test the EC and Ph.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

How much of a root mass did it have when you put it in that pot and when you started feeding it? Coco wants to always stay wet, letting coco dry back will throw off the EC and create issues.

Nicitron

Nicitron

How much of a root mass did it have when you put it in that pot and when you started feeding it? Coco wants to always stay wet, letting coco dry back will throw off the EC and create issues.
I bought them at two different dispensaries a few day apart. The ones that are the sickest I didn’t feed right away. Maybe 6 days post planting. The ones that are the healthiest I started feeding right away. They all started getting cal mag 3 days ago. I never let them dry out. They get a quart of water nutrients and cal mag twice a day currently. They are in 2 gal pots.

Nicitron

Nicitron

I bought them at two different dispensaries a few day apart. The ones that are the sickest I didn’t feed right away. Maybe 6 days post planting. The ones that are the healthiest I started feeding right away. They all started getting cal mag 3 days ago. I never let them dry out. They get a quart of water nutrients and cal mag twice a day currently. They are in 2 gal pots.
They were in a 2”x2” pod when I bought them.

Nicitron

Nicitron

I ordered a ph tds ec meter that should be here Wednesday. As well as the fox hydro grow big. I did flush them tonight but won’t be able to measure them until Wednesday. Should I still feed them in the morning? Or wait until Wednesday when the hydro fox farm grow big arrives? I don’t want to give them more of the soil type if it will make it worse. 😞

Top Bottom