" Help!"..."new veg..room"

• Thread starter sizzahash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sizzahash

what's up farmer's..about 2 set up new veg room... in bedroom and wondering what would be the best way 2 veg...25-5-gallon buckets...what light would u use 2 get the job done...thanks farmer's:420:

sedate

sedate

Depending on the shape of the grow room, I'm thinking at least 3kw - three 1000w MH's, air-cooled.

I generally like ~50w/sq, but for a veg chamber you can go a wee-bit lower if heat or space or what-have-you dictates. 25 5-gallon buckets sounds like right about 60 sq/ft, but I'm not getting out the calculator. =)

Good luck.

R

Rolln J

2 x 1000 would prolly be ok for vegging 24ish in 5 gallon buckets - just move them around every couple days so the outside ones get even light too...

S

sizzahash

I wuz.. thinkin maybe..2-400w- 8 bulb t5...just 2 save on electric...but have not used t5 before..will 2 t5 even b..enough..light..2 get it done...:420:

R

Rolln J

depends on how big your gonna veg bro - but you gotta figure 25, 5 gallon buckets is a minimum footprint of 25+ square feet if the buckets are all crammed together - 400 watts only does like a 2x2 area effectively...

t5s are ok for fill in light for veg - maybe at least 3 400's... + t5's

G

GroHi

Have to agree... 1' square per pot, so that would be 8 crammed under a t5 (8bulb) footprint (2'x4')... need x3 ballasts minimum + still have 1 pot sitting way to the outside...

Here's something else to think on... the t5's w 8 bulbs is going to crank out some heat... a lot of heat. You can't vent the hoods, so you gotta really cool that room or vent the entire place a lot. I wasn't ever able to run all 8 bulbs w several ballasts.

In veg (& this is slower growth, not looking for fast), I'd put 6 buckets under each ballast w 4 bulbs firing, spaced apart w/in the ballast. Again, just to offset heat issues, went less light. By these numbers, you would use 4 ballasts & still have one pot out. The last 6" on either end of the ballasts gets much less light vs the middle 3'... just to note.

20north

2 8bulb t5's will do half of that perfectly yes the 400w lamps are the best if they are mh for veg the 1000w messes with their metabolism

lollipopman

lollipopman

don't get the t5's they use the same as 400's do plus their big and heavy, pain in the ass to move around, i would do 3 400's but if your not worried about power consumption then do the 2 1000's..

Latest posts

Top Bottom