help no idea whats wrong

• Thread starter MGM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MGM

MGM

hi im 2 weeks in to flower my ec is 1.8 my ph is 5.8 im growing in artificial soil my strain is jack herer not sure whats going on with my leafs any help would be geart

Help no idea whats wrong
Help no idea whats wrong 2
Harp

Harp

Wow! the first picture really resembles a rare deficiency called Molybdenum (MO) deficiency. It is more likely to occur in color changing strains in cold temperature conditions. MO affect leaves in the middle of the plant first and then moves up to the newer growth.

More pictures would help.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Looks more like a lockout to me, how often are you watering? You check your run off Ec?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Sure looks like there oxygen deprived judging by the "posture", does your medium dry out good between waterings? I would let the medium dry out good then give em a good flush with ph'd ro water then start in feeding with lighter dosages again. Maybe start with some ewc teas to give them a boost after you flush them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like it could be P deficiency to me, especially with those necrotic regions in the second pic.
This is what I'm landing on as well, absent more better photographs (like in more realistic lighting instead of under HPS, the whole plant instead of just close ups of a leaf).

See my sig line.

MGM

MGM

here are better photos i keep thinking cal but i got my soil tested and i have 300ppm of cal in it is it to much cal and or is it rust fungics

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
here are better photos i keep thinking cal but i got my soil tested and i have 300ppm of cal in it is it to much cal and or is it rust fungics
Just because you have so many ppm of Ca does not mean it will be A) available or B) usable or C) in balance with other minerals the plant requires for its functions.

Some of those pix do look like a classic Ca- to me, as evidenced by the veinal and interveinal rust spots. You can foliar the Ca and/or give via root drench, in this scenario I would start some foliars until I could figure out what's out of balance that may be disallowing uptake and utilization. For example, the plant MUST have available boron in order to use Ca. Not much, but it's required.

As Harp does, I also see an emerging P-, as evidenced by the reddened petiole of the leaf you plucked, which is also IMO too dark a shade of green (another sign of P-).

So that really brings us back to @straincreation 's question regarding feed, amendments, etc. Just as important to know will be pH and environmental parameters.

MGM

MGM

Just because you have so many ppm of Ca does not mean it will be A) available or B) usable or C) in balance with other minerals the plant requires for its functions.

Some of those pix do look like a classic Ca- to me, as evidenced by the veinal and interveinal rust spots. You can foliar the Ca and/or give via root drench, in this scenario I would start some foliars until I could figure out what's out of balance that may be disallowing uptake and utilization. For example, the plant MUST have available boron in order to use Ca. Not much, but it's required.

As Harp does, I also see an emerging P-, as evidenced by the reddened petiole of the leaf you plucked, which is also IMO too dark a shade of green (another sign of P-).

So that really brings us back to @straincreation 's question regarding feed, amendments, etc. Just as important to know will be pH and environmental parameters.
Well I'm using 8-20-30 plus Epsom salt and Calcium chloride it's 4 to 1 but is very weird my pk are so happy I just don't get it and using this micro O and this is a report of what's I'm my soil a week ago

straincreation

straincreation

When you say artificial soil what do you mean. Promix?
Cant think of what else it could be.
Its kinda hard to see the problem under hps. They look perfectly happy to me. They are obviously not. So i reread and noticed you run 5.8 ph. I feel that this is a bit low considering that the rhizosohere in soil needs to be a bit higher for proper uptake, you may need a catalyst like LK, or uptake, or one of the organic nature but LK has some good stuff in it.
Try raising that ph by doing so you make more of the nutes avaliable for the plant at one given time ..which is all given times if you stay on top of it. .seems likenyou got all the minerals ther they just are not being used like sea mentioned. So give it a try see what happens.
BOL! Happy farmin;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well I'm using 8-20-30 plus Epsom salt and Calcium chloride it's 4 to 1 but is very weird my pk are so happy I just don't get it and using this micro O and this is a report of what's I'm my soil a week ago
Are you saying that your ratio of Mg:Ca is 4:1? If so, that's entirely upside down, Ca:Mg should be at the *least* 4:1, I prefer higher.

You'll get it the more you grow. You can be growing sisters of the same strain and they'll each have their own preferences of pH, environment, feed, etc.

Oooooohhh yeah. Look at the Mg in relation to your Ca in your soil test, it's completely upside down.

As for the pH, we really need to know what you're using to best advise you. If it's coco coir, then your pH is a wee bit on the low side, I'd bump it up to a range of 5.8-6.2. If it's true soil then it's WAY low. If it's Pro-Mix (usually a combination of peat + coir) then you actually want to drop pH just a bit into the low-to-mid 5 range.

MGM

MGM

Sor
Are you saying that your ratio of Mg:Ca is 4:1? If so, that's entirely upside down, Ca:Mg should be at the *least* 4:1, I prefer higher.

You'll get it the more you grow. You can be growing sisters of the same strain and they'll each have their own preferences of pH, environment, feed, etc.

Oooooohhh yeah. Look at the Mg in relation to your Ca in your soil test, it's completely upside down.

As for the pH, we really need to know what you're using to best advise you. If it's coco coir, then your pH is a wee bit on the low side, I'd bump it up to a range of 5.8-6.2. If it's true soil then it's WAY low. If it's Pro-Mix (usually a combination of peat + coir) then you actually want to drop pH just a bit into the low-to-mid 5 range.
Sorry no it's cal 4to1 and the soil is called g10 from farfard here is the link

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Unfortunately, based on that soil test you posted, IF I'm reading its sideways ass right, the Ca:Mg ratio is still wrong. It's showing over 50ppm Mg and less than 20ppm Ca.

That website is rather bereft of good information. I click the second tab regarding ingredients and guaranteed minimum analysis, etc, and get not a fucking thing. Either way, I'm gonna call it soil, and so it should probably be treated like soil with specific regard to pH and feeding.

Top Bottom