help on identifying deficiency? mag?

• Thread starter kyLman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kyLman

kyLman

Right on i like the second one. Im not sold that I had a PH issue at any time tho, so im not sure why uptake would be inhibited. Leads me to believe the plants are just hungry for the recommended amount. I did give them half tiger bloom last time, so perhaps the plants are asking for the recommended amount?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Right on i like the second one. Im not sold that I had a PH issue at any time tho, so im not sure why uptake would be inhibited. Leads me to believe the plants are just hungry for the recommended amount. I did give them half tiger bloom last time, so perhaps the plants are asking for the recommended amount?
well i’d still say no..
but maybe do it but that’s up to you, someone may post what they think you could do too.,
maybe go between half and full.. 3/4..?
wait till you can’t any longer for more replies/options. than decide..
overwatering is way worse than a little nute burn in a sense but you know neither is good..

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

PH levels can change the availability for certain nutes to be taken up, it can be rather easy to lock out certain type of nutes while mixing them together specially at wrong PH levels so.... theirs a possibility

kyLman

kyLman

PH levels can change the availability for certain nutes to be taken up, it can be rather easy to lock out certain type of nutes while mixing them together specially at wrong PH levels so.... theirs a possibility
you can lock nutes out from mixing them together? I dont PH my solution until im done adding all the nutes? I thought the soils PH was indicative whether a nutrient can be uptaken?

kyLman

kyLman

Runoff PH was between 5.7-6? Why is it so low? My water going in is usually 6.5even, ive slurry tested couple weeks back in the mid sixes. I feel like measuring runoff isnt accurate for PH of soil but I could be wrong.

I fed 75% on the tiger bloom. 100% on everything else

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

you can lock nutes out from mixing them together? I dont PH my solution until im done adding all the nutes? I thought the soils PH was indicative whether a nutrient can be uptaken?
Yeah theirs a chart that shows ph range for all the different fertilizer “” npk but I don’t have it on hand but mixing the practice is very important because you can lock out nutes while mixing your feed and well “” shock your plant

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Runoff PH was between 5.7-6? Why is it so low? My water going in is usually 6.5even, ive slurry tested couple weeks back in the mid sixes. I feel like measuring runoff isnt accurate for PH of soil but I could be wrong.

I fed 75% on the tiger bloom. 100% on everything else
Buildup of nutrients can cause a drop in ph among other things like microbe respiration or death. Especially nutrients with a higher ammonium source of nitrogen.

Ph of water in makes little difference unless using a pretty hard water.

The soil composition and buffering capacity play a huge role and so do the nutrients used and concentration as well as microbes.

If using a decent water source in soil I would be far more concerned about the ph in the media rather than the ph of your nutrient solution.

It's covers more than you need but will help you understand the how ph works... its all about alkalinity.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Buildup of nutrients can cause a drop in ph among other things like microbe respiration or death. Especially nutrients with a higher ammonium source of nitrogen.

Ph of water in makes little difference unless using a pretty hard water.

The soil composition and buffering capacity play a huge role and so do the nutrients used and concentration as well as microbes.

If using a decent water source in soil I would be far more concerned about the ph in the media rather than the ph of your nutrient solution.

It's covers more than you need but will help you understand the how ph works... its all about alkalinity.

And their is the answer to all questions :)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your feeding seems fine, to me as it’s been a while is light burn! just a little different with LED’s i know some others chimed in, but yours is light burn probably more severe due to nutrient deficiency.. if you can’t raise them, then move the plants when you can.

kyLman

kyLman

your feeding seems fine, to me as it’s been a while is light burn! just a little different with LED’s i know some others chimed in, but yours is light burn probably more severe due to nutrient deficiency.. if you can’t raise them, then move the plants when you can.
shooooot.... I raised the lights 3 more inches or so and backed down to 85% again. the healthy plant wasnt showing light burn ?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
has the good one been the farthest away?
is it the same strain?
also this far into flower they are not growing any more leaves. is it feeding time?
they have been through some stress i think your on the right track.
what week flowering is this? you have the ph chart and nutrient need during growth chart too
so match your next weeks needs next watering as you want to be a week ahead of the nutrient need and with the ph chart you do the best you can to match it.

kyLman

kyLman

has the good one been the farthest away?
is it the same strain?
also this far into flower they are not growing any more leaves. is it feeding time?
they have been through some stress i think your on the right track.
what week flowering is this? you have the ph chart and nutrient need during growth chart too
so match your next weeks needs next watering as you want to be a week ahead of the nutrient need and with the ph chart you do the best you can to match it.
They are all relatively the same height. The two overwatered plants are from good cuts of Fruit Punch and Moby Dick. The healthy plant (lol) is bagseed for shitsngigs. It was my first grow so I didnt have too many expectations. I think tomrrow they want to be fed. We are in beginning of week 5.

TSD

TSD

You guys are so scientific... I just feed once a week and hope the gardening gods shine upon me. 🤣 I'm sure I'll be much more enlightened thanks to you all.

kyLman

kyLman

were gonna dry em out one more day, feed 100% tomorrow? Or should I slurry test the soil first and then defer to my THCfarmer team? hahah, I also need to start supporting them as they are wanting to fall over with the little buds it has

Top Bottom