Help on Identifying this deficiency in Coco Coir

• Thread starter jesgal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jesgal

New to this forum, first post. Please excuse me if I don't know how to reply or send messages, I'm new to this.
I need help identifying this deficiency. I am growing in 2 gallon plastic pot, straight 100% coco coir.
I am in week 5 in veg stage. I am using Canna coco coir, Canna Coco A and B , Canna Rhizotonic, Canna Cannazym and Canna Calmg in RO water.
I water 10x daily with 20% run-off, I notices new growth (tops) had some yellow. My last reservoir nutrient mix was 5 days ago, my Calmg ppm's 200 (ec .4)
with 400 ppm's coming from Coco A & B and 25 ppm's from others with total ppm's at 650. I pH to 5.8, letting it drift to 6.5 then pH back down to 5.8
My mixing order is; I Calmg my RO water than add my base nutrients (coco A&B) then additives and last I pH nutrient mix to 5.8
I appreciate any help..

2Lix_YWlj1XK6P7qVTjq-_ehZLgNolhCYg3_hwz2oLN4oj2hJOXN0JdrtFLz6rpq8kiOVxFYX9ugSAqIXI0DFJx659ENnptFzHoyrDEVtkqfthm2cRR0RVoNufl7Ot7fK8ytCaFQHZPAeB7B0S4gHwQ

b4FX-ETjHbnr15rBixm-rmoewINYaUdsPr_13z_4BJD7XI-5dvH2FWn3ErIX8FuP6InsGDW3gHj5gCafejjI4T8F0OkIu4PdIbhsCPWYaa5M7BYoNKRF7pNOb6WaP7w3zOwwW5rghBF3NPtJxdD8Y8E

Last edited:
H

hooterjh101

Possible UV damage? I cooked by plants a bit in veg once with my sp3000 shortly after I got it. Was right around 60% and a good 24 in above the canopy.

Other than that, I have no idea brother .

That light is certainly no slouch though. Running two of them in a 4x4 now and they re fantastic. I rarely go over 60% even at 12/12. That gives me DLI of 40 and If I go any higher they start stressing.

J

jesgal

Possible UV damage? I cooked by plants a bit in veg once with my sp3000 shortly after I got it. Was right around 60% and a good 24 in above the canopy.

Other than that, I have no idea brother .

That light is certainly no slouch though. Running two of them in a 4x4 now and they re fantastic. I rarely go over 60% even at 12/12. That gives me DLI of 40 and If I go any higher they start stressing.
Thank you Hooterjh101

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It's on the new growth, so it's most likely an immobile nutrient deficiency of sorts.

Calcium, Sulfur, Iron, Boron and Copper are immobile nutrients.

I'll do a lil research and get back to you.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

10 irrigations a day seem like alot in a 2 gallon pot of coco with a plant that size, but they say you can't over-water coco.

What is the EC of the run-off?

J

jesgal

It's on the new growth, so it's most likely an immobile nutrient deficiency of sorts.

thank you, LexLuthor

J

jesgal

What is the temperature of the nutrient solution?
Feeding 400 ppm's with 6.2 pH Runoff is 350 ppm's with pH 6.3 Temp inside the tent is 75 to 80 degrees in day time and night temps are 65 to 73 degrees

J

jesgal

Feeding 400 ppm's with 6.2 pH Runoff is 350 ppm's with pH 6.3 Temp inside the tent is 75 to 80 degrees in day time and night temps are 65 to 73 degrees
Solution temp is 68 degrees

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

When run-off EC is lower than intake, it could mean you are under-feeding.

A plant that size in week 6 of veg should be at least 1 EC (500ppm), if using the .5 scale. If you are using the .7 scale then 1 EC equals 700 ppm.

Do you know what scale your ppm meter is?

And do you aerate the reservoir?

pH seems spot on for the most part, so we can probably rule that out.

J

jesgal

LexLuthor, I want to thank you for your infor. I was getting a little lost on trying to figure this out. I am looking into the immobile nutrients.

J

jesgal

When run-off EC is lower than intake, it could mean you are under-feeding.

A plant that size in week 6 of veg should be at least 1 EC (500ppm), if using the .5 scale. If you are using the .7 scale then 1 EC equals 700 ppm.

Do you know what scale your ppm meter is?

And do you aerate the reservoir?

pH seems spot on for the most part, so we can probably rule that out.
I do aerate my reservoir with a extra pump, the water(solution) is always moving. I believe on meter is on the .5 scale

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

No problem, try to find what EC people use with the same media and nutrients as you, along with a similar growth stage.

Keep us updated with the new nutrient strength.

check out cocoforcannabis website, great info about growing in coco.

Latest posts

Top Bottom