help on my green roof

• Thread starter outdoor farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

outdoor farmer

hello i live in Montana and am building a huge 60 feet buy 40 and wondering if i should go with clear or slightly tented or even both thanks

T

Toes

Hi outdoor farmer,
my thoughts on the same subject led me to purchase the solar gray polycarb at home depot. the swatch said it has about a 30% light filter, but my meter doesn't read any deference between the panels and pure sunlight.

as for privacy... the translucent solar gray helps none what so ever. I can see right through as if it were the clear. was thinking about some white shade cloth for that issue, or an opaque white would be better in the privacy department than either of the two choices.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

go for the clear (6 mil poly) its cheep. unless heat is a concern, than go for a UV blocking woven film. They make some real nice films these days that block out (less-useful for plants) UV sun rays helping keep the gh cooler during the day. You can use two film layers together and than blow air between them, this helps keep the gh warm at night and your heating bills down.

T

Toes

Brother outdoor farmer,

your gh dimensions must have completely escaped me. what was I thinking, corrugated polycarb would be insanely expensive for that much footage to the second power.

sure does look purty in my modest rig
100_0858.JPG

O

outdoor farmer

i think ill plastic the siads and go with clear panels & do u guys think its a bad idea to go clear panel & thin a tantid panel & so on & so on

S

simos

go for the clear (6 mil poly) its cheep. unless heat is a concern, than go for a UV blocking woven film. They make some real nice films these days that block out (less-useful for plants) UV sun rays helping keep the gh cooler during the day. You can use two film layers together and than blow air between them, this helps keep the gh warm at night and your heating bills down.

Listen to Cheech.

What you want is two layers of clear poly sheeting rigged up with an inflation fan or three.

It's waaay cheaper, the insulation provided is superior, and it'll last almost as long as the panels if you're careful.

Enjoy

Top Bottom