Help on one of my plants with yellowing leaves at the top.

• Thread starter Cjstylez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cjstylez

Cjstylez

I have 2 plants in the same grow box in my garden. I have been growing for a few years now and this one plant out of mine is getting a lot of yellow leaves and curling of the leaves at the top. The other plant in the same container is having no issues. I thought over watering but I only water if it's been dry and the soil is not saturated.
The other plant in the same container is not showing any signs of issues.
Anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Help on one of my plants with yellowing leaves at the top
Help on one of my plants with yellowing leaves at the top 2
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

I have 2 plants in the same grow box in my garden. I have been growing for a few years now and this one plant out of mine is getting a lot of yellow leaves and curling of the leaves at the top. The other plant in the same container is having no issues. I thought over watering but I only water if it's been dry and the soil is not saturated.
The other plant in the same container is not showing any signs of issues.
Anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.
Is it just that one arm of the plant? Is the whole arm affected or is it something creeping down from the top? Inspect the base of the arm for a break, and inspect the areas near the petioles for tiny holes. Also, have you noticed ants marching up and down your stems?

Cjstylez

Cjstylez

No ants to be seen. No broken branches by the stock. It started with one branch and at the top. Then it's spreading to the rest of the plant by the looks of it . Side by side of other plant that is getting same amount of water and I have only feed once but that was after it had already started doing this.
Is all drooping like it wants water but that's not the case.

20210815 180811
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Are they different strains? How long have they been in your raised bed?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya mmmm, just a thought, thinking the roots of the healthy one are strangling the roots of the other one, it is that side or some sort of root issue?

Cjstylez

Cjstylez

They have been in there for 2.5 months. Yes 2 different strains. The one with issues is Bruce banner. I was thinking root issues myself. I can't see it being calcium. Feeding did nothing for it. Was really healthy and has deteriorated over the last week to 2. The one beside is my largest one. The trunk or stock is wider then my fist is round. It could be strangling the other. I guess live and learn I guess. I have grown multiple years the planters with no issues but there is always the first. Lol.

Last edited:
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

My man GNick knows where I was going with this.

It is a distinct possibility that the roots of the bigger plant have “attacked” the root system of the other plant with hormones.

That big plant wants at least 100 gallons of soil all to herself. And she’s willing to kill to get it.........

Bitch be cold.

Cjstylez

Cjstylez

It seems pretty logical to me. It was just driving myself a little crazy with it.
I will leave it I guess and see what happens.
thanks for the quick reply and help. Appreciate it.

Top Bottom