Help On Runoff Ppm Day 21 Of Veg

• Thread starter MrKush415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrKush415

MrKush415

Hey everyone,

First grow and first post here. Appreciate all the help and input.

Stage: Day 21 of Veg (3rd set of leaves coming in)
Medium: Soil (Fox Farm Happy Frog) in red solo cups.

Nutes going into RO are 230PPM and I'm feeding (nutes) about every 48 hours (or until cups are noticeably light). I checked my runoff PPM after yesterday's feed and it was at 730PPM with only 230PPM going in.

I'm not sure the range my runoff PPM should be (at this stage) or if I should be checking EC.

Haven't heard much about flushing this early either.

Should I be feeding every water or spacing out feeds with straight RO in between?

What should my runoff PPM be at this stage and what's a rule of thumb for the amount of runoff I should have at this stage (4 oz, 8oz, etc.?)

I can post some pics if that would helpful too.

Thanks!

Polar510

Polar510

If your adding at 230ppm and run off is 730 that means soil was already around 500ppm.
I have burned young plants in Hydro at 500ppm and had plants thrive in soil at 1200ppm.
Depends on growing method and how healthy/size of the plants to determine the amount of nutrients they can handle without burning. Also may depend on Strain.
Keep your soil PH in the correct range 6.2-6.5 and wait until you see the ppm decrease before you feed again.
Day 21 in veg? Pull those babies out of the cups and see if they are ready to transplant into larger pots(probrably are) maybe 1 gallon pots so they dont get root bound.
I have used RO water and tap water and have seen NO noticable difference in finished product.
I save $ and time by filling 5 gallon bottles and letting them sit out for 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine, personal preference neither is wrong in my opinion. That being said my tap water is pretty nice at 45ppm.
Mix a nice batch of ammended soil for transplant that way as a new grower you can focus more on other areas of the grow(less guess work). There are alot of great ammended soil recipes on you tube.
My ammended soil runoff is around 1200ppm without burn. Ppm will decrease as the plant uses what it can and needs during different phases of growth.
I hope this helps good luck!

MrKush415

MrKush415

If your adding at 230ppm and run off is 730 that means soil was already around 500ppm.
I have burned young plants in Hydro at 500ppm and had plants thrive in soil at 1200ppm.
Depends on growing method and how healthy/size of the plants to determine the amount of nutrients they can handle without burning. Also may depend on Strain.
Keep your soil PH in the correct range 6.2-6.5 and wait until you see the ppm decrease before you feed again.
Day 21 in veg? Pull those babies out of the cups and see if they are ready to transplant into larger pots(probrably are) maybe 1 gallon pots so they dont get root bound.
I have used RO water and tap water and have seen NO noticable difference in finished product.
I save $ and time by filling 5 gallon bottles and letting them sit out for 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine, personal preference neither is wrong in my opinion. That being said my tap water is pretty nice at 45ppm.
Mix a nice batch of ammended soil for transplant that way as a new grower you can focus more on other areas of the grow(less guess work). There are alot of great ammended soil recipes on you tube.
My ammended soil runoff is around 1200ppm without burn. Ppm will decrease as the plant uses what it can and needs during different phases of growth.
I hope this helps good luck!

Thanks Polar, appreciate the insight and knowledge. Good tip on the tap water to us in Northern Cali are lucky to have such clean water. Will also check out those amended soil recipes.

I'm planning to transplant and top within the next couple of days. Do you prefer an order for that? My guess would be to transplant and then top.

Thanks again, Here are some pics of them

IMG 0222
IMG 0221
IMG 0220
IMG 0219
Polar510

Polar510

Thanks Polar, appreciate the insight and knowledge. Good tip on the tap water to us in Northern Cali are lucky to have such clean water. Will also check out those amended soil recipes.

I'm planning to transplant and top within the next couple of days. Do you prefer an order for that? My guess would be to transplant and then top.

Thanks again, Here are some pics of them
Mr. Kush,
Plants are looking Good!
Yeah ,
Good idea to let them settle in there new pots for a while before You top it.
I don't usually feed Nutrients or top plants the same time as transplanting, seems to add additional unneeded stress.
The new pot of amended soil should have everything it needs to start.

Top Bottom