HELP: Over or Under watering? or something else?

• Thread starter Palgoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
quirk

quirk

I no longer top my autos, only LST. Early in the grow I tie down main stem to break apical dominance to increase bud sites and keep tying down nodes around the pot throughout grow to achieve a short, spread out anatomy.

3 days later
After
Finished
Ohmythirdeye

Ohmythirdeye

Bingo! I've had the same f*cking thing going on. While transplanting, I found out, that the medium were bone dry (with some wet spots on the top). I always watered around 30-60ml and was afraid to not overwater the seedling. A big mistake 🥴 Now the new leaves gained their healthy shape.

Thanks! 🤜🤛

Palgoo

Palgoo

I no longer top my autos, only LST. Early in the grow I tie down main stem to break apical dominance to increase bud sites and keep tying down nodes around the pot throughout grow to achieve a short, spread out anatomy.
I see! thanks for sharing! my plants are definitely not autoflowering - wonder if it's worth topping. currently they seem to have about 3-4 nodes (not counting the first leaves). Do you think I should top them around node 6-7 or so? I've seen the parent plant - they were like 7-8 feet tall (no topping, grown partly outdoors organically). hah!

Palgoo

Palgoo

Bingo! I've had the same f*cking thing going on. While transplanting, I found out, that the medium were bone dry (with some wet spots on the top). I always watered around 30-60ml and was afraid to not overwater the seedling. A big mistake 🥴 Now the new leaves gained their healthy shape.

Thanks! 🤜🤛
Yeah! I know! I was watering like every day a pitiful few spoonfulls haha. so no water getting down to the roots, and they did not shoot down even in the tiny pot. Once I transplanted, I followed the advice of someone here who said water thoroughly and slowly until first signs of run-off. then wait until completely dry and do that again. within a week, I saw roots coming down to the bottom. The leaves definitely curl down once I water like that, but within half a day gain the straightness again. My interval is something like 3-4 days. Beginner caution about overwatering has definitely taken its toll. haha

Palgoo

Palgoo

Hi! I topped some and want to experiment with LST - maybe it's too late, but wondering if this will do anything good: any tips will be highly appreicated!
Bending

Top Bottom