Help pest attack overnight

• Thread starter Anlucifer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

I would spray once a week, maybe
Just the soil...they don't come on the plants...i guess they are eating chunks of vermicompost or breeding there because today i saw a lot of young ones to near chunks of vermicompost

that's exactly what mine did when i grew in soil. I think they came in these organic fertilizer spikes i bought last year and they were feeding on the organic fertilizer spike. Since, I have switched to coco coir and now they hang out on the outside of the fabric pots munching on the decayaing roots as they break through. I would find the occasional critter on a leaf but I found they are harmless and have made my peace with them. Honestly, as long as your plants are growing fine (no stunted growth and no foliage damage) then I would not be concerned about them.

A

Anlucifer

I would spray once a week, maybe

that's exactly what mine did when i grew in soil. I think they came in these organic fertilizer spikes i bought last year and they were feeding on the organic fertilizer spike. Since, I have switched to coco coir and now they hang out on the outside of the fabric pots munching on the decayaing roots as they break through. I would find the occasional critter on a leaf but I found they are harmless and have made my peace with them. Honestly, as long as your plants are growing fine (no stunted growth and no foliage damage) then I would not be concerned about them.
My plants are not looking happy since they appered...if things go the way they are i might have to dump this grow...and start fresh

Seraphine

Seraphine

You canuse the sulfur but as i said before it can lower the pH of the soil if youre not careful. I would just use sulfur on the surface of your soil, foliage and stems maybe once per week but you could spray more if your plants can handle it. if you can get your hands on some azamax or SoluNeem, they can be used a soil drench and they're effective against mites.

Are the plants not doing well because of other issues or because of the mites?

A

Anlucifer

You canuse the sulfur but as i said before it can lower the pH of the soil if youre not careful. I would just use sulfur on the surface of your soil, foliage and stems maybe once per week but you could spray more if your plants can handle it. if you can get your hands on some azamax or SoluNeem, they can be used a soil drench and they're effective against mites.

Are the plants not doing well because of other issues or because of the mites?
Mites or maybe overwatering ; azamax isn't available here but i found some other neem seed oil pesticides here ; some online retailers are selling azamax but its really expensive 225 usd for 16 oz
Screenshot 20191101 034148 Amazon Shopping

A

Anlucifer

The website which is selling azamax here looks kinda shady too,and there are no other sizes available
Screenshot 20191101 035239 Chrome

Seraphine

Seraphine

just make sure its approved to use as a soil drench. regular neem oil will suffocate your roots and it will set you back a few weeks with slow growth and worse case scenario, kill your plants. the Soluneem is specially formulated to use a soil drench.

Soluneem
A

Anlucifer

just make sure its approved to use as a soil drench. regular neem oil will suffocate your roots and it will set you back a few weeks with slow growth and worse case scenario, kill your plants. the Soluneem is specially formulated to use a soil drench.
Oh maybe this is why my plants are looking unhappy when i tried to drown these mites i mixed some regular neemoil in it😑😑

Seraphine

Seraphine

Oh maybe this is why my plants are looking unhappy when i tried to drown these mites i mixed some regular neemoil in it😑😑
That’s probably why. You can try to flush it out with clean water.

A

Anlucifer

that looks like the bottle azamax comes in. if you buy it, a legit bottle will come sealed
But bro it's 250 usd for 16 oz i could get grow tent or growing lights or hydroponics with that money... its my first grow so my setup is pretty basic 50 year old garbage closet 3ft h × 2.5 ft w
I added 10 cfls to it and a fan...

Seraphine

Seraphine

But bro it's 250 usd for 16 oz i could get grow tent or growing lights or hydroponics with that money... its my first grow so my setup is pretty basic 50 year old garbage closet 3ft h × 2.5 ft w
I added 10 cfls to it and a fan...
Dang! The small 4oz Bottle of azamax is $22usd. That sucks they only have the large bottle.

Sulfur kills on contact or shortly after contact.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Plant is already in shock will it be ok to overwater again and how much time does sulfur takes to work?

it depends on how bad they look, If they look to be on their death bed then I would try to get the neem out of the soil by flushing with plain water. If they look like they will recover then I would leave them be and your normal watering will eventually flush the neem out of the soil. Just make sure they are not sitting in the run off.

Top Bottom