Help Ph Problems In Runoff And Plants Look Locked Up

• Thread starter Foxecks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxecks

Foxecks

Hello all Im having some PH issues
Im using HP PRO MIX a soilless blend and also using RO water I ph my water at 5.8 and when I tested the runoff it came out at 6.5, 6.6 and ppms came out at 1200, last time I fed my plants did not drink up very well and got droopy and got deficiency spots that's why I decided to test my runoff and saw that the pH was really high, my RO water comes out at 20 ppms and 6.3 straight from the RO before I add calmag or anything to it when I feed my ppms are between 900 - 1000 I'm doing a feed water feed water schedule and when I water my ppms are between 150 - 180 with just calmag PH is at 5.8. I noticed when I watered recently with just water and calmag my run off Ph when I did that actually went higher to 6.3 then when I got runoff when I fed them my ph was at 5.3 the run off from the feed came back at 5.8 and my PPM pretty much stayed the same I have noticed lockout and deficiencies on my plants and I feel a lot of it is related to pH but I'm not sure, I read the instructions for the HP Pro mix and it is not necessary to use RO water but I live in Arizona where my PPM straight from my tap are at 890 so I had to use an RO but can anybody please help me to get this pH situation stable I've noticed that it goes up and down when it goes through my HP Pro mix soil. And like I had mentioned before the last feed I gave it was two or three days ago and when I went to go check on them they were still heavy and didn't drink that much up and they look like crap. They look perfectly fine before I fed them but after that feed and they started going to shit.. has anyone had this issue with soilless mediums? I am also having this problem in flower I took some pictures of my veg and my flower room in veg im in week 3 and in flower im in week 5 the hairs on my chees plants started to Orange I ran this stran before and they didn't start to Orange on me till the flushing stage or a little bit before but not this early not sure if something was wrong before or if something is wrong now so any help would be greatly appreciated I'm running House and Garden nutrients I also posted my mix end ratio

Help ph problems in runoff and plants look locked up
Help ph problems in runoff and plants look locked up 2
Help ph problems in runoff and plants look locked up 3
Help ph problems in runoff and plants look locked up 4
OLAFU

OLAFU

With promix you dont really want to water till there is run off. It has high water retention. Let them dry up and wait longer between waterings. In the future add perlite as a 40/60 mix. Adjust your ph to 5.8 - 6.0, soilless mediums best absord nutients, micro & macro at this ph...

For instance,

Phosphorus gets locked out oSoil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.5. Phosphorus is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 5.8

Potassium gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-4.5, 6.0-6.5.
Potassium is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.7-5.3, 6.7-8.5

Magnesium gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.7
Magnesium is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.8-9.1

Magnesium gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.7
Magnesium is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.8-9.1

Sulfur gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0- 9.5

Manganese gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-4.5
Manganese is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.0-5.6

Boron gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.0
Boron is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.0-6.0

Copper gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.5-9.0
Copper is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph 2.0 - 6.0

Molybdenum gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Molybdenum is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.0

Zinc gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.7-8.5
Zinc is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-5.5

Iron gets locked out of Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-3.5
Iron is absorbed best in Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 6.0.

Foxecks

Foxecks

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/...abis-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.html

Edit: Pro mix holds water. Do not water till there is run off, they will droop everytime. In the future mix well with perlite.

Adjust ph to 5.8-6.0
Im in 15 gallon pots I usely feed them 2 or 3 gallons when I feed or water I would have to put a lot of water for there to be runoff wouldn't I? Because when I've had flush them before it takes quite a bit of water for there to be runoff. So what you are saying is every time I'm going to water make sure it has runoff? Or make sure it has runoff every time No matter if it's feed or water? Also what happens when I just transplant them from one gallon to 15 gallon potts the first water affter the first feed would require a grip load of water for it to achieve runoff right? Im also not using any perlite in these pots could that be a big factor on why I'm having issues?

Tat2420

Tat2420

Cut nutes in half. Add CalMag to RO water first. Cut back on water. Feed once a week plain water between as needed until they ask for more at this point.
They'll be fine

Tat2420

Tat2420

Are you indoors?

That last pic looks like a little sunburn I had given a plant once when the light was a few inches to close for a day...

xenon730

xenon730

not watering until runoff means you'll get salt builtup. wherever you learned that from is incorrect and promix, being peat soilless, should be watered thoroughly to 20%+ runoff every time to help dilute out salt buildup and its water retention has nothing to do with how much water you should put into the medium. I've used promix on and off for years and it doesnt even get sopping wet like some soil mixed so i can't even find the logic behind your claim but that is absolutely wrong and a recipe for disaster come mid flowering. also he said promix hp which is full of perlite, also the photos.

op your plants are burned and overfed.
clawing, yellow tips, burnt edges, starting on calmag lockout. you're giving 600ppm plants 1000ppm without huge buds. if you can't cut back on additives, dilute your whole mix to lower ppm. half your additives are doing nothing but lifting your money. cut ppm and everything will stop and new growth will be fine. those need 150ppm calmag, 300-450ppm base npk to thrive and that's it. they would also thrive on less but you're clearly into the whole tonsoproducts thing so ill leave it at that. the flowering plant also looks textbook overfed.

Last edited:
houseofgas

houseofgas

Hello all Im having some PH issues
Im using HP PRO MIX a soilless blend and also using RO water I ph my water at 5.8 and when I tested the runoff it came out at 6.5, 6.6 and ppms came out at 1200, last time I fed my plants did not drink up very well and got droopy and got deficiency spots that's why I decided to test my runoff and saw that the pH was really high, my RO water comes out at 20 ppms and 6.3 straight from the RO before I add calmag or anything to it when I feed my ppms are between 900 - 1000 I'm doing a feed water feed water schedule and when I water my ppms are between 150 - 180 with just calmag PH is at 5.8. I noticed when I watered recently with just water and calmag my run off Ph when I did that actually went higher to 6.3 then when I got runoff when I fed them my ph was at 5.3 the run off from the feed came back at 5.8 and my PPM pretty much stayed the same I have noticed lockout and deficiencies on my plants and I feel a lot of it is related to pH but I'm not sure, I read the instructions for the HP Pro mix and it is not necessary to use RO water but I live in Arizona where my PPM straight from my tap are at 890 so I had to use an RO but can anybody please help me to get this pH situation stable I've noticed that it goes up and down when it goes through my HP Pro mix soil. And like I had mentioned before the last feed I gave it was two or three days ago and when I went to go check on them they were still heavy and didn't drink that much up and they look like crap. They look perfectly fine before I fed them but after that feed and they started going to shit.. has anyone had this issue with soilless mediums? I am also having this problem in flower I took some pictures of my veg and my flower room in veg im in week 3 and in flower im in week 5 the hairs on my chees plants started to Orange I ran this stran before and they didn't start to Orange on me till the flushing stage or a little bit before but not this early not sure if something was wrong before or if something is wrong now so any help would be greatly appreciated I'm running House and Garden nutrients I also posted my mix end ratio
Because you are feed water feed water when you do the “water” the plants eat up the cal and mag thus returning the ph to a more water neutral like 6.0-7.0 ???

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

High levels of potassium are typically the culprit in the rising pH levels. May want to cut back on potassium a bit. Your ppm in/out is not a major cause for concern. You're still going to need ample runoff to eliminate nutrient buildup/toxicity from unused nutrients lingering in the medium when not flushed out properly. I'd recommend coco for the next run, much more forgiving and easier to work with all the way around

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I know this is an old post, but I don't know how anyone can have problems using Promix, especially when it comes to overwatering. I have used Promix for over 30 years and if anything, it is sometimes difficult to keep things hydrated. I use 5 or 6 gallon buckets, sometimes mixed with composted manure to help to hold the water. Any water is usually OK, but RO is obviously better if it's alkaline. I have never had any Ph problems and have never had to adjust ph...just regular 20-20-20 feedings with a handful of wood ashes worked into the soil. I water at least a gallon/day and the medium is never soaked.
In my opinion people worry and fret over every tick of the PH or RH meter, when the plants are doing fine. These are plants that can be as simple as using regular dirt and water or as complicated as a big company...it's up to the grower. My advice? Start off simple and don't worry about every problem that you think you might have.

Top Bottom