• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Tent Size: 120x120x200
Plant: White Widow Fem

Need advice on the following~

* Looking for sufficient LED lighting to support 4 to 6 plants so needing recommendations.

'kingbrite quantum led board grow light with LG UV CREE XPE2 660nm 730nm LM301H leds'

[/URL]

^
These are being listed fairly cheap I noticed someone on this forum mentioned it, is it missing some components that I'd need to buy separately?
Would two of those suffice for my tent size?

I'm fairly new to growing so I need all the help choosing the right lights, appreciate your time.

Dr.B

Dr.B

* Looking for sufficient LED lighting to support 4 to 6 plants so needing recommendations.

'kingbrite quantum led board grow light with LG UV CREE XPE2 660nm 730nm LM301H leds'

[/URL]

^
These are being listed fairly cheap I noticed someone on this forum mentioned it, is it missing some components that I'd need to buy separately?

I'm fairly new to growing so I need all the help choosing the right lights, appreciate your time.

Can't go wrong.

Cheers!

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

On which ones? XD

kingbrite quantum led board grow light with LG UV CREE XPE2 660nm 730nm LM301H leds

or

Yuanhui grow light samsung lm301h 288v3 PCB board full spectrum led

I'm confused on which ones to go for =p.

The link for the first one isn't showing up correctly for some reason ;c.

Dr.B

Dr.B

On which ones? XD

kingbrite quantum led board grow light with LG UV CREE XPE2 660nm 730nm LM301H leds

or

I was suggesting a third light for you. I run KIND LED's. Ive seen nothing in an LED that comes close. Its an investment but its better than funneling your hard earned cash to China for no warranty and a spec sheet full of BS.

Something to think about.

Dr.B

Dr.B

On which ones? XD

or

My link must not be showing up. Look them up! ;)

Dr.B

Dr.B

I cant speak to the quality of the lights you're considering unfortunately but I ran that chinese lighting for a year in various forms before switching up. Your light is the heart of your room. The one thing you can't skimp on or work around. (As far as I know lol)

IMG 20200418 185755 optimized
IMG 20200520 190214
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

LOL sorry I thought that link was a quote from me
Didn't even notice it was a different link.

They look amazing, on the website they're sold out XD so I have to go for something from China, in terms of pricing etc right now =p.
Until I can make something back and upgrade lol.

Dr.B

Dr.B

LOL sorry I thought that link was a quote from me
Didn't even notice it was a different link.

They look amazing, on the website they're sold out XD so I have to go for something from China, in terms of pricing etc right now =p.
Until I can make something back and upgrade lol.
Took me 18 months to work up to this light. Its a process lol 😉 the chinese leds will likely do ok. I don't know much about what you're considering sorry.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Thanks XD I'm just in two minds on what ones to go for.
The guy bought 8 of the Yuanhui ones in the below forum so they must be okay and kingbrite has alot of reviews on this forum.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Thanks XD I'm just in two minds on what ones to go for.
The guy bought 8 of the Yuanhui ones in the below forum so they must be okay and kingbrite has alot of reviews on this forum.
There are a lot of people with experience in that lighting in here. One should be along shortly...

Best of luck!!

FourthCity

FourthCity

[/URL]

^

The kingrbrites aren't bad based on all the reviews I have read. They are comparable to HLG but at a slightly lower price. I would email them to get a quote for a package with about 600-800 watts (ideal for your maximum number of plants) over at least 4-6 panels. They can sell you everything you need so that you dont have to go looking for other parts, you just have to ask. I would also look at lights from HLG and Timber, I have used both and am very happy with the results. Not to be contrary to Dr.B but I can not recommend the kind led lights. They are using older tech but still charging premium prices, there are better results to be had with less expensive ($/watt) lights. A good rule of thumb is to avoid any of the blurple/multicolored lights, they are very out of date. Look for white light leds with a spectrum between 3000 and 3500k for full cycle growing.

To be fair to Dr.B, I'm am not saying that the kind light produces bad results I just think you can get a better product for less money.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Thank you XD when picking a light should I add NM into it? - was thinking 3500K mix 660NM
They're suitable from start to finish is that correct?

FourthCity

FourthCity

Thank you XD when picking a light should I add NM into it? - was thinking 3500K mix 660NM
They're suitable from start to finish is that correct?
The deep red can't hurt, no issues with using it start to finish. My HLGs have the the 660's but I don't see much difference between the plants under them and those under the Timbers (which do not have far red) but they all overlap so who knows. I think even the people that have seen or claim improvements using it have said the difference is subtle. Most newer full spectrum lights will have some 660's by default but its not a must have.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Thank you, you've been great, I guess I'll randomly pick one then, can't seem to go wrong 😂
Upgrade in the future of course D:.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Thank you, you've been great, I guess I'll randomly pick one then, can't seem to go wrong 😂
Upgrade in the future of course D:.
I wouldn't recommend making a random pick, I was just trying to point out that while it is a nice feature far red isn't worth paying a lot extra for. You also want to make sure that you get a complete kit which is why I recommended emailing kingbrite before making a decision. I want you to find the light/lights that are the best value while still meeting your needs. Maybe it will help if I give my suggestions some context:

3000-3500k is the range of spectrum that is considered ideal for full cycle

600-800 watts should be suitable for 6 plants, you want to have at least 40 watts per square foot available and 6 properly spaced plants will need at least 15sqft (15sqft*40w/sqft=600w)

Individual panels (each board with its own heatsink) will allow you to adjust each light to the optimum height based on the needs of the specific plant below it.

If you are still unsure about anything just ask.

two words = fluence bio
While Fluence does make a superior light the benefits aren't sufficient in my mind to justify the incredibly high prices. Further, to take advantage of that light and actually achieve superior results compared to the other lights that have been discussed requires incredibly ideal and consistent growing conditions coupled with a very experienced and capable grower that is cultivating the finest genetics.

Last edited:
Okie338

Okie338

If you're going to buy from Alibaba I would spend 400 bucks and buy one of those fluence 4 x 4 foldable strip LEDs.
I just bought one and I couldn't be more pleased!

A5A28ECD D2B6 41DA 876A 0D20C531F269
growsince79

growsince79

I cant speak to the quality of the lights you're considering unfortunately but I ran that chinese lighting for a year in various forms before switching up. Your light is the heart of your room. The one thing you can't skimp on or work around. (As far as I know lol)
very kind.

Top Bottom