Help! Pistils are turning red/brown early week 4

• Thread starter thelowedown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Coppermike

Hello all! New grower here and i have a couple plants in my room that i have noticed the pistils are turning red. I am growing in a coco/perlite mix, mother earth to be exact, and am using organic nutes. I have been reading a lot of these threads that are saying that it could have gotten pollinated but i have looked over and over and cannot find a male or hermi anywhere in the room. It is a tight space and i am brushing up against the plants anytime i walk by them. Could that be why they are turning red? Other than the couple that ive seen turning red, all the other ones seem to be doing perfectly fine to my knowledge.
I didn’t have time to read everything but, if you spray your plants with water while flowerinng, this could happen. “Brushing by them” will also do this. Once those white pistols are touched/exposed to other things, such as water or pollination, they will turn this color, THE FIX: stop going in there and brushing against the leaves and colas, don’t spray the plants with water, keep to you watering schedule, unless plants aren’t very big/tall. If they are smaller plants, maybe lengthen the days you wait before watering.. the pistols should either fall off, or just make new ones. After all, it’s the plants job to make more of these pistols, looking for a male plant, thus making fat buds!

C

Coppermike

That's dependant on strain and VPD. But for a fussy feeder I'd keep it below 500 or so. Adjust ph with ph up or silica if necessary.

And who knows if it's only on a couple buds that you're always touching that could be it. But if you see more buds on the same strain darkening without handling them a lot, I think it's an overfeeding issue. All the more likely since you arent measuring ppms at all.
I beg to differ, ppm for budding should be at 6-700

Latest posts

Top Bottom