Help ! Plants looking sick Help!

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

I have recently taken pictures today in my garden and have been seeing that many top leafs are curling down and droping. Please help me for i am a noob and dont know what the problem is.

Plant pic 1jpg
Plant pic 2jpg
T

tipper619sd

Can anybody help me ? I am very concerned and dont want to hurt my babies.

convex

convex

Might very well be heat curl ...

What size lamp?
How close to canopy?
Air movement?
Canopy temps?

If not heat related the following additional info would be helpful in aiding you:

Style of grow?
Medium?
Nute regime?

T

tipper619sd

ok I have a 600 w hps the lamp is between 12 and 20 inches from canopy reason being i have a few tops that shot up . Room temps are in day between 84 to 82 at night 77 to 75 humidity stays between 56 and 44 um I have a eroflo 12 site system. i am using rockwool and hydroton. I am using GH 3 part system lucas formula. I also use botanicare aqua shield , and cal mag when needed. I am currently adding my house and garden top booster and bud XL from H&G. I know it sounds cmplicated but i cut my bloom in half and add the other half back between hydroplex ( 4ml per gal ) and Bud xl ( 4ml per gal) Maybe i am doing too much but i was told to make my own recipe and see if it works. I have had no problems but recently just leafs on top of nugs curling down. Thanks for your help

T

tipper619sd

thats what i thought its also caused my nugs on those plants to stretch to keep cool im guessing. I am going on week 5 as of today an i am introducing MOAB this week. Hopefully it will help my nugs beef up a lil. Thanks for the response my friend.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
what is temp right under light ? ...............its not the same as your room

at another glance those leaf colors are a little dark green and the edges are curling up had some chemo do that it was to much nitrogen it was early stage of claw too

T

tipper619sd

what is claw? and chemo ? or do you mean chem dawg . I am thinking this strain is chem myself it just started to smell a couple days ago and man does it smell like headbands or chem dawg? i will be checking for your response and thank you for all your help.

B

budseyeveiw

its heat or/and humidity stress, im getting a similar thing due to this hot weather we are having. check the temp in different parts of your room, and chech humidity.

B

budseyeveiw

its heat or/and humidity stress, im getting a similar thing due to this hot weather we are having. check the temp in different parts of your room, and check humidity.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
check the temp of the canopy - it can be a lot hotter then the room

get a temp reading right at the tops of the affected buds

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
what is claw? and chemo ? or do you mean chem dawg . I am thinking this strain is chem myself it just started to smell a couple days ago and man does it smell like headbands or chem dawg? i will be checking for your response and thank you for all your help.

some plants when they have too much N their leaves curl up like claws some do it from heat stress with N it just claws but you have that canoing to so its proly heat and could be heat+N .....Chemo is a strain I got from kind seed in canada
good luck and happy growing

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
usually when I get the claw its the outside of the canopy farthest from the light and its from too much N

T

tipper619sd

oh ok i see now. where would i be going wrong and what nutrient is putting in too much nitrogen. I have ben having heat and humidity issues so most likely thats the problem. Any cheap ways to fix this.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
yes

oh ok i see now. where would i be going wrong and what nutrient is putting in too much nitrogen. I have ben having heat and humidity issues so most likely thats the problem. Any cheap ways to fix this.

fans good ones high cfm at least one oscillating fan too
is room sealed or vented ...........if vented what size exaust fan?
if no exaust and sealed you need A/C

fans lower humidity well too

T

tipper619sd

oh ok. I have 3 fans in my room its a room not completely sealed has gaps but i will be getting a high cfm fan asap and i will be investing in an ac unit very quickly here. Also its in my garage so i need to figure out how i can cool my garage down or pull the heat out of my garage so it doesnt get too hot plus humidity. Do u think the ac unit will help all my problems or get a high cfm fan and see how that goes cause they both cost around the same give or take a few dollars.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
oh ok. I have 3 fans in my room its a room not completely sealed has gaps but i will be getting a high cfm fan asap and i will be investing in an ac unit very quickly here. Also its in my garage so i need to figure out how i can cool my garage down or pull the heat out of my garage so it doesnt get too hot plus humidity. Do u think the ac unit will help all my problems or get a high cfm fan and see how that goes cause they both cost around the same give or take a few dollars.

for ac to do any good you would need to build a room inside the garage with ac cooling the room(well this is also true with vent fan) not the whole garage unless it is a very small garage or very large ac but the ac does not move fresh air and co2 in to and off of the plants need fresh air intake or seal the room and add co2 I am going to do this same thing soon

M

MTM

The claw is useally caused by overfeeding,Ive got a couple clawing now.Id flush them real good and the claw will go away

like motherload said its mostly nitrogen but Ive seen clawing from bloom nutes also..

T

tipper619sd

ok so flush them sounds good. Also to the other comment so putting a ac in y grow room wont help with the temp? or are you saying something else im sorry just not understanding

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
ok so flush them sounds good. Also to the other comment so putting a ac in y grow room wont help with the temp? or are you saying something else im sorry just not understanding

sorry havent been back yet yes AC will help if it is big enough to do the whole garage to ice cold becouse when you turn on HIDs temp will increase alot ..........it is easer to AC a small room than a garage

basicly their are 3 ways to do this

high CFM fans for extraction of light heat (larger area to extract = larger CFM fan )

seal room add co2 +ac big enough to cool whole garage (larger room = larger AC co2 adds heat also )

add ac and high CFM fans to move heat

easist way is to build a smaller room in garage just the size you need and use high CFM fans to extract heat from smaller room if this ends up having heat problems then add ac hope this helped :hi

Top Bottom