Help..plants outgrowing tent.

• Thread starter jackspider76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackspider76

jackspider76

I need advice on what to do about my plants, I have a indoor grow box an my plants are closer to light again, I have moved light up as far as it can go. I'm in week 3 of flowering, what can I do to keep from ruining or burning top of plants?

Cort

Cort

Could try super cropping or some LST. Or, if its that bad you might have to scrap it and try again.

Next time dont veg as long and search for a thread about limiting stretch. There are some good techniques in there that will help keep the girls shorter.

sixstring

sixstring

are you in dirt or dro? if its dirt toss some stakes in there and bend the taller branches over and tie em off.my avitar is a branch that was too close for comfort,just roll the branch between 2 fingers and pinch untill the branch feels soft enough to bend over and bend it over to point at the floor.the next day they will be trying to stand back up.the buds below that bend will usually bulk up more than normal as well.heres another shot of that bent nug on chop day.but 2-4 weeks is perfect for bending,tieing and supercropping imo.gl
Supercrop nug

P

paulycali

Take the top cola and squeeze the stem and bend her over. Do that with all the tops. Just make sure you squeeze then bend so you don't snap the stem. This happens to the best of us. Not a biggie just an easy fix of bending them ladies over. Best of luck :)

jackspider76

jackspider76

Thank you everyone for the advice it was very helpful and let me know exactly what I needed to do to fix my problem as well as what not to do an for future reference what I can do better and not to have the same problem. Very much appreciated guys thanks.

jackspider76

jackspider76

are you in dirt or dro? if its dirt toss some stakes in there and bend the taller branches over and tie em off.my avitar is a branch that was too close for comfort,just roll the branch between 2 fingers and pinch untill the branch feels soft enough to bend over and bend it over to point at the floor.the next day they will be trying to stand back up.the buds below that bend will usually bulk up more than normal as well.heres another shot of that bent nug on chop day.but 2-4 weeks is perfect for bending,tieing and supercropping imo.glView attachment 310653
I'm using dirt.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I grow big plants and some times some grow bigger than the others so I always do what the boys recommended ^^^^^^here are some pix of some I bent over 2 days ago as you can see no issues. These girls are new to me in the UC so have not decided what to do but most likely will top them in the future as I have had excellent results doing this. Most Indica's take well to topping but most sativa do not. I squeeze the stock between my fingers from just above the node to just below the node and than roll the stock and bend the direction I want it to go.

:cool:
IMGP9163
IMGP9164
IMGP9165
IMGP9167
IMGP9168
IMGP9169
IMGP9170
IMGP9171
IMGP9172
IMGP9173
IMGP9174

jackspider76

jackspider76

Ok so if anyone has been follow me, you know that my plants are out growing my tent. So i,ve just ordered my new tent a Gorilla 3x3x6.http://www.fullbloomhydroponics.net/gorilla-grow-tent-3-x-3/
Now that is on the way..Can someone plz help me with. What the best ventilation set i can get for this, and what size does it needs to be? What size carbon filter do i get..Any other things I should have plz let me know..P.S..I,m running a 400w light.

sixstring

sixstring

I would buy a 6 in vortex fan and 10inx24in filter.that combo is good for 2x600 lights.i run 4x600 on that setup but I also have a good a/c.theres cheaper fans like the hydrofarm or valuelines but imo the vortex is quieter and moves the most air.plus they r 10 warranty. Gl

Cort

Cort

Six got it right. If budget is on the mind the value lines are not that loud when turned down to 3/4 speed. You wont need to run a 6 inch at full speed for 400 watts, but be nice for upgrade time. You know you will upgrade, we all did it.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

Same thing here...growing two Apple Betty strain plants from seeds...stuff grows tall no matter what you do to train it not to...especially when starting flowering...the BIG STRETCH. I used bamboo canes, stuck them in the edges of the bags, 10 gallon bags, bend the branches and tie them to the canes using small zip ties...open up the plant spreading out the branches making it less tall, but it does take up more room horizontally. I was contemplating bring another one outside to grow but I already started tricking them indoors, and I'd rather finish the two indoors rather than have to climatize them gradually to the sun, then put them in the shed at night to cut the sunlight down so it won't reveg...trials & tribulations. How far are your lights from the plants? Mine get really close with zero issues, they're LED, not high pressure sodium...those close up will burn the tops but with LED you should be fine.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

That's exactly what I had to do with two Apple Betty plants...touching the ducts in the cellar...so I opened up the canopy by tying the colas to canes like you do...opens up the canopy and brings it down a few inches. Some strains stretch out more than others even if you fim it and pinch top it...it's in their genetics.

Top Bottom