Help please. Cal def? Lockout?

• Thread starter DezmondG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DezmondG

DezmondG

Hey everyone. About 24 days into flower now in 4x4 tent, organic soil, tap water, 600w HPS light, Bubba Kush. Leaves are yellowing. I was plucking some today and took pics with natural light so you can see them better. I figure cal/mag def? So today’s water was only with cal/mag and water. PH was 6.86 on the meter.

Help please cal def lockout
Help please cal def lockout 2
Help please cal def lockout 3
Help please cal def lockout 4
Help please cal def lockout 5
Help please cal def lockout 6
Help please cal def lockout 7
Help please cal def lockout 8
Help please cal def lockout 9
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you try to take full plant pics under normal light? Its hard to tell color like that.

Where did it start top or bottom?

How often are you feeding it at all?

How often are you watering?

What is the organic soil used?

DezmondG

DezmondG

Got it figured out I think. Underfed and need to give it a kelp/ewc tea which I am going to whip up tomorrow. It’s organic soil.

550309DA E33F 4842 9809 FE7214D0BA45
DezmondG

DezmondG

They are in 8 gallon pots and I am feeding/watering them 1.5 litres every 2.5 days roughly.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got it figured out I think. Underfed and need to give it a kelp/ewc tea which I am going to whip up tomorrow. It’s organic soil.
Yup that what it sounded like nitrogen deficiency but was also thinking possible others. Sounds like your on the right track

stickyicky

stickyicky

They are in 8 gallon pots and I am feeding/watering them 1.5 litres every 2.5 days roughly.
Using tap water would concern me. I like R/O. Depending on water source, you may have several issue's you are fighting (hardness, flourides). You should be past the stretch stage which would be consuming the magnesium. Careful with the cal-mag at this stage. Especially using tap water. You have definite "clawing" on the leafs. This would lead me to aggreing with lockout. What and how often are you feeding. Tent temp. and water temp. important too. I always ran a chiller on my indoor grows. Much Luck!!!

DezmondG

DezmondG

Using tap water would concern me. I like R/O. Depending on water source, you may have several issue's you are fighting (hardness, flourides). You should be past the stretch stage which would be consuming the magnesium. Careful with the cal-mag at this stage. Especially using tap water. You have definite "clawing" on the leafs. This would lead me to aggreing with lockout. What and how often are you feeding. Tent temp. and water temp. important too. I always ran a chiller on my indoor grows. Much Luck!!!
I don’t have RO installed in the house. Been told that our water is really good by many people. So I leave it out for at least 24 hours and then tap the bottle to get all the bubbles out and then mix my nutes if I use them and I have used calmag only twice for the whole grow.
Tent temp is 24-27 Celsius and water temp is room temp of my basement which is cool. So if I have lockout, should I rinse well with water alone? Or can I still do the tea to help it out?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is Organic soil. I don't see clawing that indicates tox but i do see drooping which makes me think more of over watering which will contribute to overall deficiencies. IMO give her some food and stop over watering make sure the soil dries well before feeding/watering again.

DezmondG

DezmondG

This is Organic soil. I don't see clawing that indicates tox but i do see drooping which makes me think more of over watering which will contribute to overall deficiencies. IMO give her some food and stop over watering make sure the soil dries well before feeding/watering again.
Really it is the not one plant that likes to be sad. I don’t water or feed until the soil is dryer than a popcorn fart. Could it be that I am under watering? 8 gallon pots and 1.5 litres of water per feeding.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Really it is the not one plant that likes to be sad. I don’t water or feed until the soil is dryer than a popcorn fart. Could it be that I am under watering? 8 gallon pots and 1.5 litres of water per feeding.
Yeah it could be under watering and over watering look simila.. I can't tell without whole plant pics. Are you watering until you see a tiny bit of run off? If your letting it dry right out I would think you would need quite a bit more water to do so.

Watering should be done to saturate the media

DezmondG

DezmondG

Yeah it could be under watering and over watering look simila.. I can't tell without whole plant pics. Are you watering until you see a tiny bit of run off? If your letting it dry right out I would think you would need quite a bit more water to do so.

Watering should be done to saturate the media
Ya I think I am under watering. When I make up the tea thingy for it tomorrow, i Will be watering it on Saturday and plan to do a full saturation with the tea to make sure the media is well saturated.

stickyicky

stickyicky

Sorry bro, missed the "they are in 8 gallon pots and I am feeding/watering them 1.5 litres every 2.5 days roughly" part. I was thinking hydro. I always preferred hydro for just this reason. Take out the questions and take full control. Your tent temp. could not be better. Water temp. (doesn't apply). You should be able to go online to your municipal water agency (or whoever supplies it) and obtain the water chemistry. I never take people's word on something so vital. I want to know what I am dealing with. Hence, R/O and start from zero. I also understand the cost factor and if the water is good? leaving it out for 24 hrs. is def. a plus. I would think 1.5 litres for 8 gallon pots every 2.5 days seems light to me, even with the mild temps in your tent. Like Aqua Man said "watering should be done to saturate the media". I would think a dry 8 gallon medium would take a minimum of 3.8 litres or 1 gallon to saturate. So , I guess I am in the under watering camp. Good luck!!!

DezmondG

DezmondG

Sorry bro, missed the "they are in 8 gallon pots and I am feeding/watering them 1.5 litres every 2.5 days roughly" part. I was thinking hydro. I always preferred hydro for just this reason. Take out the questions and take full control. Your tent temp. could not be better. Water temp. (doesn't apply). You should be able to go online to your municipal water agency (or whoever supplies it) and obtain the water chemistry. I never take people's word on something so vital. I want to know what I am dealing with. Hence, R/O and start from zero. I also understand the cost factor and if the water is good? leaving it out for 24 hrs. is def. a plus. I would think 1.5 litres for 8 gallon pots every 2.5 days seems light to me, even with the mild temps in your tent. Like Aqua Man said "watering should be done to saturate the media". I would think a dry 8 gallon medium would take a minimum of 3.8 litres or 1 gallon to saturate. So , I guess I am in the under watering camp. Good luck!!!
Thanks.. Just finished making a setup to brew the tea.. will be posting shortly

DezmondG

DezmondG

Well made a nice setup to brew some Tea. I hope ;)
Used some curtain that the wife had left over. Grabbed the EWC and made some Tea Bgs with the EWC. Then I picked up some Kelp, air pump, air stones and a manifold. Put everything together and started the pump and so far so good. I will let it brew for 24 hours and then give the ladies a nice feed tomorrow afternoon. Hope things will get better after that ;)

IMG 0792
IMG 0797
IMG 0799
IMG 0806
IMG 0808
IMG 0815
IMG 0817
IMG 0819
IMG 0823
IMG 0826

Latest posts

Top Bottom