Help please! Calyx or seeds?

• Thread starter FunGuyWolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FunGuyWolf

FunGuyWolf

Hello everybody and thank you for having me in the community! My father and I have been harvesting our outdoor crop for about 2 1/2 weeks now. We finally made our way to Strawberry Banana today and began to trim the top colas. About halfway through trimming his first cola my dad was convinced that this plant had hermied because of all the seeds. Initially I did not notice any seeds and even failed to see them when he was pointing them out to me. After looking further I did see what he was talking about and became fearful myself. Naturally I began doing as much research as I could but it was hard to find what I was looking for specifically, but I did find out that these could possibly be calyx’s (not seeds) or that maybe the plant developed seeds due to the late harvest. Also I am confused because these calyx/seeds are somewhat inside the bud (seeded bud??). Please if you have any advice let me know so I can either harvest this plant or get it away from the females. (Lastly the calyx/seeds are soft) Thank you!!!

B2162A3D 4EEB 4C39 AFF5 62A1CC5DC208
F50DDB3B F027 4564 983C 3B4314637F7D
11B355BE 2A7C 42DC 8426 19273D6EF9C7
292BE23A 94D9 414D 9282 7BE125D3E8F6
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

These look like calyxes to me.

Squeeze them. If there's a seed, there was a little pollen flying around for some reason.

Some strains just produce fat calyxes that can fool you into thinking they have seeds in them. These do NOT look like they have seeds, from where I'm sitting.

FunGuyWolf

FunGuyWolf

These look like calyxes to me.

Squeeze them. If there's a seed, there was a little pollen flying around for some reason.

Some strains just produce fat calyxes that can fool you into thinking they have seeds in them. These do NOT look like they have seeds, from where I'm sitting.

Thank you for responding. I squeezed a few of them and there was no seed on the inside. Is it possible that the seeds haven’t developed yet? Could they develop after being cut off the plant? I’m also positive they are just fat calyx.

HipsterDoodus

HipsterDoodus

Just a fat calyx. They used to fool me too. I remember being in a total panic the first time.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thank you for responding. I squeezed a few of them and there was no seed on the inside. Is it possible that the seeds haven’t developed yet? Could they develop after being cut off the plant? I’m also positive they are just fat calyx.
There is no chance it will develop a seed. Just a false pregnancy.

Top Bottom