Help please fan leaves are yellowing!

• Thread starter Trebla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trebla

Hello fellow Farmers! well im 4 weeks into flowering my GDP and Sour Grapes and the nugs are looking beautiful and the smell is intoxicating! but the large and some small fan leaves are yellowing?? now im using advanced nutes organic line up using RO water but am not PHing it at all...i know this is most likely the problem but i have never been good with PHing my solution...could anyone give me some helpful tips on methods of phing the nute solution...or i heard there is nutes out there that are ph balanced already? Any info is much apreciated:damnhippie:

R

Rolln J

look at your ph and you prolly need some cal-mag if your using RO water - magnesium def usually will show up in flowering the first 2-3 weeks. also posting a pic here is really helpful...

you need a ph test kit - they sell them any place you buy pool/spa supplies (and grow shops/garden centers)

vinegar will lower your ph and baking soda will raise it - really you should get some gh up and down - ph neutral nutes means they dont change your ph if you adjust it first - they cant ph it for you - hope this helps

T

Trebla

a ph test kit like a PH meter? or a soil test kit? i cant post pics...no camera. mostly its just yellow leaves on some parts of the plant...im not phing the solution i get confused on how to ph it

convex

convex

There is no easy way around it - if your pH is off then you need to fix it.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Learn to pH, buddy. Not coming down on you at all, just making the point that pH is super important to nutrient uptake. Certain nutrients will not be available to your plants if the pH is off, even if they are present in your solution. My Hanna Combo test pen is one of the most important tools in my garden. It was expensive- almost $200- but it spells the difference between success and perpetual failure.

D

DrDanko

It's possible your pH is off, but I just can't see that being the sole problem. Pics would help, but U can't. Are they yellowing from the veins of the leaves outword, or vice-versa? Be more specific if U can. The reason for my skepticism is that I run Advanced Nutes and almost never need to adjust my pH. Occasionally I add in some Epson Salts for good measure. Obviously everyones water has different salts, nutes, etc, but I feel like maybe you're just low on Cal and/or running low on Nitro. 4 weeks is early for this to happen, so I'm really unsure of the cause. I think Cal is a good bet, but without pics it's pretty hard to decide.

G

GroHi

Trebla~ I'd just go w RJ's suggestion... get a simple liquid pH test kit... they are the drops that change color based on the pH of the solution you are measuring. These work great & are cheap. Any hydro store will carry the kit for like $8-9... dropper of test solution/color chart/vial. Swimming pool test drops also work & can find a little easier.

Basically, take 2ml of your nute solution & place 2 drops of the test solution. Agitate & color will change. Bright yellow = 5.9-6.1 Mostly yellow w little organge = 5.6-5.8 Mostly yellow w little green = 6.2-6.4. Shoot for bright yellow. That simple. JR's advice on how to adjust up/down.

Hope this helps a little. Also a lot cheaper vs the meters (& more reliable). Peace brother.

BTW... bet money that DD is right in that pH might only be one issue (though a biggie!), so pics would be great!

T

Trebla

thanks a bunch guys! well im using Iguana Bloom H1 F2 Sensizym Organic B Voodoo Juice Tarantula Pirhana and Carbo Load using advanced nutrients feed chart medium feeding...they seem to be yellowing from the tips first and move on to the entire leave is yellow...would adding cal mag to this be a good idea? i really need to fix this and get my plants dialed in! Its killing me knowing my precious beautys could be more precious if i just fixed this problem

R

Rolln J

i would get the ph down first - the ph not being correct can/will cause all kinds of nutrient deficiency because you are locking them out from the plant - I think -(not 100% sure, somebody chime in) that distilled water is nuetral, get a bunch of that if nothing else, give your plants a good flush with it, next watering mix your nutes as usual, but use the distilled water and see if that helps.

convex

convex

Like J said - pH should be the first course of action.
If pH is off and you treat for a deficiency, you are just going to compound lockout.

Once pH is verified and/or corrected, then you can start to diagnose.

T

Trebla

Thanks a million guys! im going to attack the ph problem asap...i want my flowers looking as good as some i see on this site! i gotta step my game up a notch! i never thought ph would be a problem if i use water bought from one of those Watermill Express places that filters the crap out of the water

T

Trebla

no way! im still giving them N...why would i cut it off so soon!? im thinking i need some calmag but not sure how to add it to my feed schedule

R

rockfish

if your using the AN feed chart at medium , it is too much food. ive used there chart for a long long time. even their light feed chart is a little heavy. but you cant know what its coming out to , cause if you dont have a ph meter im sure you dont have a ppm or ec meter either.
and h1 humic doesnt need to be fed every week, and if your using it heavy(AN's medium feed) and every week you could be locking up you plants not from ph but from too much humic. of course there are no pics to tell but im thinking you got some sort of toxicity issue. locking out you plants some how and keep feeding your medium your gonna get all backed up!!! get a ppm/ph meter and run straight water through em and check the runoff , i bet its off the chart.

T

Trebla

why does it say to use H1 every week? how would i ever know not to use it every week? as im not very experienced

lars

lars

no way! im still giving them N...why would i cut it off so soon!?

because, like I stated, it's a common rookie mistake and I'm guessing you're a rookie. You may not have cut the N too soon, just not giving them enough? Or, go get some CalMag and hope for the best.

R

rockfish

why does it say to use H1 every week? how would i ever know not to use it every week? as im not very experienced

nute companies are in the business of selling as much nutes as they possibly can especially AN.
just look at their product barricade, was a great silica but was so strong a liter would last a year. so they watered it down and call it rhino skin now. and i tried some and its garbage now imo. but they sell alot more.lol.
id use fulvic wk1,3,5 and humic on maybe 1,2,4 and thats it. and cut em both out for good @wk 6. just the way i did it and got the best results. did you get a meter yet???lol :anim_30:

T

Trebla

thanks rockfish...still no meter =( need to save up some cash they are pretty expensive and im not going to settle for some cheap one i want the best for my plants!

G

GroHi

Hey Trebla, how's the pH running? Things improved? Still love to see a pic ;-))

BTW, rockfish, absolutely agree w you on the Barricade... wasn't/isn't it wonderful? So concentrated, so effective in buffering... and the RH is absolute crap... not the same thing at all...

Latest posts

Top Bottom