Help please! First time grow. Bag seeds so just experimenting

• Thread starter BzeBud501
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BzeBud501

BzeBud501

So I’ve got these bag seeds. I’ve never grown before but after some research I got myself the cheap cardboard box + CFL set up. Using micro grow, bag seeds of some good local stuff I found, and normal living soil. So my question is how do I know if they’re photos or autos? If I don’t know what they are should I just leave them to grow or can I top them? How much time should I expect to invest? 60, 70,100 days? I’ve got photos of my progress so far. Help please!

Help please first time grow bag seeds so just experimenting
Help please first time grow bag seeds so just experimenting 2
Help please first time grow bag seeds so just experimenting 3
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

They look healthy, good job. This is very similar to my first grow as well.

You can look at this two ways, the first being that of experience.

You won't get a large harvest, but you will gain confidence in the process so that you might invest more into equipment in th future if you find that the responsibility and patience of growing suits you. In that scenario, I would say to likely try and flower them soon, due to the low light intensity for flower and limited space in the box. You can do this by switching the lights to a 12 on / 12 off schedule. This will help you determine if they are photoperiods or not, if they start flowering within 2-3 weeks of flipping the light cycle, you know they are photoperiods. Any bag seed that came from an auto plant isn't very likely to inherit the auto trait in great numbers.

I will add, it is important that during the 12/12 cycle, there are absolutely no light leaks into the plant area. Nothing through a crack, under the bottom, no light at all, yet you'll need to find a way to exhaust the air out of your box to avoid high humidity levels.

The second way you could do this, would be to invest in more gear. At minimum a 2x2 tent $75, a $100 or so quantum board light, interior fan $10, exhaust fan $80 and if you want to mask smell, a carbon filter $50 and then you can grow the plants larger and get a bigger harvest. But you're looking at about $300-$400 to get a little set-up going.

You can see if this is for you, or you can go all in.

BzeBud501

BzeBud501

You won't get a large harvest, but you will gain confidence in the process so that you might invest more into equipment in th future if you find that the responsibility and patience of growing suits you. In that scenario, I would say to likely try and flower them soon, due to the low light intensity for flower and limited space in the box. You can do this by switching the lights to a 12 on / 12 off schedule. This will help you determine if they are photoperiods or not, if they start flowering within 2-3 weeks of flipping the light cycle, you know they are photoperiods. Any bag seed that came from an auto plant isn't very likely to inherit the auto trait in great numbers.

I will add, it is important that during the 12/12 cycle, there are absolutely no light leaks into the plant area. Nothing through a crack, under the bottom, no light at all, yet you'll need to find a way to exhaust the air out of your box to avoid high humidity levels.

The second way you could do this, would be to invest in more gear. At minimum a 2x2 tent $75, a $100 or so quantum board light, interior fan $10, exhaust fan $80 and if you want to mask smell, a carbon filter $50 and then you can grow the plants larger and get a bigger harvest. But you're looking at about $300-$400 to get a little set-up going.

Thanks for the loads of advise Chad! Yes this is just an experimental run while I wait for my Spider Farmer SF 1000, Peyote Gorilla Seeds, Cal Mag & General Hydroponics nutrient line. I am having difficulty locating the exhaust fan and carbon filters sim located in Belize. My proposed grow room space for my new grow will be 5ft W, 4.5ft L, 7ft H. Could you suggest an appropriate exhaust fan and carbon filter for a space of that size?

The babies photo‘d above have only turned 30 days this passed Saturday. I have them on 18 on and 6 off.They get watered every other day or so and have been fed miracle grow every week starting at day 7. How much longer should I keep this schedule going? At what week or size exactly should I flip them? They’re currently 9 inches tall

coherent

coherent

Keep them on 18/6. If they are autos they should start to flower soon. I doubt bag seeds are autos, but I suppose it's possible. If they don't flower, switch to 12/12 when you think they are sufficient size for your grow space. Remember they will likely double during the flowering stage. You can flip any time with photo period plants, but the longer they veg and bigger they are the more yield when they flower.

BzeBud501

BzeBud501

Thanks for the loads of advise Chad! Yes this is just an experimental run while I wait for my Spider Farmer SF 1000, Peyote Gorilla Seeds, Cal Mag & General Hydroponics nutrient line. I am having difficulty locating the exhaust fan and carbon filter. My proposed grow room space for my new grow will be 5ft W, 4.5ft L, 7ft H. Could you suggest an appropriate exhaust fan and carbon filter for a space of that size?

The babies photo have only turned 30 days this passed Saturday. I have them on 18 on and 6 off. How much longer should I keep this schedule going? At what week or size exactly should I flip them? They’re currently
Keep them on 18/6. If they are autos they should start to flower soon. I doubt bag seeds are autos, but I suppose it's possible. If they don't flower, switch to 12/12 when you think they are sufficient size for your grow space. Remember they will likely double during the flowering stage. You can flip any time with photo period plants, but the longer they veg and bigger they are the more yield when they flower.
I’ve got a LIVE update! Please help!

CCE9F0C1 7F51 449C 9274 0AEAA008F65A
43032333 4FD9 4894 8029 CE61D8444943
3B31DC08 945A 4EBC AAA7 D87A04857523
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I normally would suggest BT for caterpillars, but those little things you could probably just wash off with some dish soap, since you are in veg.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Thanks for the loads of advise Chad! Yes this is just an experimental run while I wait for my Spider Farmer SF 1000, Peyote Gorilla Seeds, Cal Mag & General Hydroponics nutrient line. I am having difficulty locating the exhaust fan and carbon filters sim located in Belize. My proposed grow room space for my new grow will be 5ft W, 4.5ft L, 7ft H. Could you suggest an appropriate exhaust fan and carbon filter for a space of that size?

The babies photo‘d above have only turned 30 days this passed Saturday. I have them on 18 on and 6 off.They get watered every other day or so and have been fed miracle grow every week starting at day 7. How much longer should I keep this schedule going? At what week or size exactly should I flip them? They’re currently 9 inches tall
I use a few of the Spider Farmer 1000 lights as well. They work great in a 2x2 tent, you are using a much larger space though. My favorite fan is the AC Infinity Cloudline Series. I use the T4 and the T6 fans. Hands down, the best you will find. You'll also want a regular room fan in the tent to move the air around, preferably one that oscillates. For carbon filters, I have gone with a generic one that I found on Amazon. Be sure to get your fan first, so you will know what size flange you need on the carbon filter.

Expect the plants to double in size, maybe more after you flip them. You'll also need to keep in mind how much space you have to raise the light. You'll need to also keep a good distance between the light and the canopy. So look at those and then imagine if your plant tripled in size, would you have enough room? That should help you determine when to flip your plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom