Help Please First Time Grower.. HELP HELP HELL

• Thread starter TalkToMeNice1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

My plant been thriving since it erminated but yesterday I noticed the leaf was turning yellowish greenish like a water out green it was enough to catch my eye but it was slightly green so I didn’t think nothing of it but I monitor my plants 24/7 and today when I checked them I see the yellow got worse it’s small spot but I’m a new time grower I don’t know what the problems is but my biggest petpeeve was not spotting on the leaves HELPP WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

PianoStan

PianoStan

Is this normal do they look good ? It’s currently 18 days old
As I said in your other thread, I'm a noob. They look good to me. If there is an issue that I notice, it seems like you are watering right around the stem. I read that it is better to water around the edge of your cup so that the roots spread out sideways in search of water. It's supposed to help develop the roots better.

P

Phyto

Those “leaves” are called cotyledons, the plant feeds off those as it’s putting down roots and growing true leaves. They always yellow and fall off. BTW, the plants look good, a couple tips next time, fill the solo cups to the top, also let the soil dry back before watering again, make sure the cups can drain and don’t sit in water. Best of luck on your grow!

Last edited:
TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

Thank you !! And only reason I didn’t fill them all the way is because the man I previously watched onna video his plants started to lean due to poor lighting and he filled the cup with a little more soil and said it was good not to fill it all the way just in case you run into a issue like that.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

So while you are here why don't you tell us about your setup.
What light do you have? How far above the seedlings is it?

Do you have big pots or bags yet? What size are you looking at?
What potting medium are you going to transplant into?
Fertilizer. Do you have fertilizer on hand? If so what do you have?
Do you have a P.H Pen on hand set up and working?
Water source?

Anything you can think of. Who knows maybe we can help keep your plant healthy and happy.

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

As I said in your other thread, I'm a noob. They look good to me. If there is an issue that I notice, it seems like you are watering right around the stem. I read that it is better to water around the edge of your cup so that the roots spread out sideways in search of water. It's supposed to help develop the roots better.
I watered them like that at first but it seemed like the water took forever to dry out and I promise I want heavy watering them I’m very mindful and know in the early stage you can drown it but as the got a little big it’s like you can water it then come back legit 20-30 mins it would be dry but when I first planted them I messed up thinking they need the 10-% run off or whatever surprise there striving

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

So while you are here why don't you tell us about your setup.
What light do you have? How far above the seedlings is it?

Do you have big pots or bags yet? What size are you looking at?
What potting medium are you going to transplant into?
Fertilizer. Do you have fertilizer on hand? If so what do you have?
Do you have a P.H Pen on hand set up and working?
Water source?

Anything you can think of. Who knows maybe we can help keep your plant healthy and happy.
Okay so I’ll drop a picture of the grow tent and plants and the current weeks there in also I’m not sure how far my lights are there a decent length away but in my opinion I don’t think they give off strong heat or whatever I’ll try to upload a video and yes I have ppm meter and ph meter I also have general hydro phonics the main three plus calmag the soil im using is fox farm ocean soil currently DONT have big big pots on hand and I been using tap water DONT knock me Ik some tap water is alright but some have acid levels that would through everything off also sometimes I’ll water them when they need water and some times I most them but it was really only to bring humidity levels up but I read somewhere it’s okay and sometimes a good thing to mist your plants every now and then and I also have a bottle mostly water with a tad calmag and the two plants that’s big I spray the soil not everyday or every other day but like 1 every blue moon

IMG 0336
IMG 0273
IMG 0271
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

We try not to knock new growers on the farm as we all had to start some place. Nothing wrong with tap water. I use it indoors as well. I see you have done some research and planned ahead. It's always nice to have things on hand when you need them. A lot of folks have a plant given to them and are not so prepared.

Any way it's a lot easier to ask a few simple questions and catch a small problem like a light to close early.
Once a plant is cooked it's a lot more work to get her healed than prevent a burn in the first place. There are a hundred other little things you would never give a second thought that can mess up a young plant, that's why I ask.

Last edited:
TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

We try not to knock new growers on the farm as we all had to start some place. Nothing wrong with tap water. I use it indoors as well.
I see you have done some research and planned ahead. It's always nice to have things on hand when you need them. A lot of folks have a plant given to them and are not so prepared.

Any way it's a lot easier to ask a few simple questions and catch a small problem like a light to close early.
Once a plant is cooked it's a lot more work to get her healed than prevent a burn in the first place. There are a hundred other little things
you would never give a second thought that can mess up a young plant.
I’m that’s y I’m cautious I haven’t adjusted anything or moved anything outside of the lights I moved them thinking it had something to do with my first two leaves turning yellow but I then found out them leaves are going to fall of/die anyways so I adjusted it back and I just check them and water them I do already have them on 18/6 light schedule not sure if I should just keep the light on till there bigger or leave it how it is but so far the 18/6 haven’t gave me any problems my plants are growing and I don’t spot any defects

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

18-6 is what you need to run. Some guys run 24-7 but plant's need a rest period. It's easy to push a plant and end up burning with a light or add just a little more nitrogen and end up locked out or burned. It's best to take the middle road and let the plant grow at it's own happy pace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom