Help, Please (Herm’d plants)!

• Thread starter Laurie22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Laurie22

Laurie22

IMG 3560

Still experiencing PSTD for my last grow. 😊 And still learning.

Is this a dual sex plant?

Laurie22

Laurie22

Learning about Sex

OK just identifying male sex plants.

I have all the seeds from earlier this year and I decided to play. So I’m taking this opportunity to learn how to sex plants. This is my first one. I think it is a male the internal spacing is pretty far apart, the stem is very thick for a baby plant and I’ve also taken pictures at the internodes where I think you can see the flat balls beginning to develop. Really would like your input and help me in understanding if I’m right and if I’m wrong please point out where I’m wrong God, I love this group.

IMG 3668
IMG 3669
Laurie22

Laurie22

too soon to tell, no preflowers yet ...
Thanks, so I really need to push them to flower before I can tell with certainty? And then it’s in the first three weeks? Is that early enough to get the plant out of the tent just in case it is male?

Laurie22

Laurie22

preflower can show while in veg after 4 to 5 weeks, you have some time before males flower get mature and drop some pollen no need to worry too much about it
Thanks. I have five of these unknowns going, so I’ll be checking in frequently asking for help I am determined to master the Sexting of marijuana plants!

That and take advantage of all those darn seeds I got

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
But it’s still fun to observe the physiology of the plants, and see if you guessed right! And Mail’s do seem to be more vigorous, and grow like a beanstalk in my experience. But not always. Lol! Have fun!

Laurie22

Laurie22

I have five plants that I am attempting to sex this is the first one. It looks like it’s beginning to develop sacs the inner noodle spacing is pretty significant compared to other plants. It also towers above the canopy of my other plants. I understand that both of those are potential identifiers.

I am trying to learn, so if I am right, please let me know. And if I am wrong, please tell me why. Thanks.

This is plant one -
IMG 3770

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have five plants that I am attempting to sex this is the first one. It looks like it’s beginning to develop sacs the inner noodle spacing is pretty significant compared to other plants. It also towers above the canopy of my other plants. I understand that both of those are potential identifiers.

I am trying to learn, so if I am right, please let me know. And if I am wrong, please tell me why. Thanks.

This is plant one -
View attachment 2045370
this circled in green is telling you it’s female
IMG 7395

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Relax, @Laurie22

If you had a male it would be pretty obvious. Here’s a male I grew out earlier in the season. Look how dangly and cluster-like and different looking this flower structure is. That’s male
B7349C78 1D1A 4883 B51F E464306EC791

If you have a Hermie for whatever reason, it may look like this. These are male flowers that I found yesterday while harvesting a mature outdoor female afghan. Those banana looking things are the unopened male inflorescence.

7DF6D43A 78C8 4230 9EBB 70F104D9F82A

I’m not super concerned about it in my own garden. Not at this stage, anyway. I’d be more concerned if I saw it in July.

Laurie22

Laurie22

thanks @MisterHelix, maybe I’ll just have to smoke one and calm down. Patience is a virtue and I work at it, but sometimes it gets the better of me.

I learned the last lesson the hard way, trying to avoid that this time.

Top Bottom