Organic soil
Organic Happy Frog fertilizer
Worm Casting Tea
Dechlorinated and Ph adjusted water

Two things popped up today:
1) is this plant male?
Help please  is this a male

Help please  is this a male 2

2) what's up with the golden yellow tips and the edge of this leaf?
Help please  is this a male 4

Help please  is this a male 3

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks herm to me, but not apparently where your pointing, that could be a number of different things, including a seed pod. This is what concerns me the most.

I'm interested in what others have to say about this.

Certainly the plant looks productive, I don't know how many plants you've got in that tent, but I wouldn't do anything rash, this requires a deliberate response, so I would wait for what others have to say first, then move forward with your plan of action.

9A383404 105E 4794 AFFD ACD1539D8005
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Looks herm to me, but not apparently where your pointing, that could be a number of different things, including a seed pod. This is what concerns me.

I'm interested in what others have to say about this.

Certainly the plant looks productive, I don't know how many plants you've got in that tent, but I wouldn't do anything rash, this requires a deliberate response, so I would wait for what others have to say first, then move forward with your plan of action.
yep the same, i’d pick it off and others that look exactly.. looks like you also have light burn,
the white or burned tips is from feeding too high of nutrients but your not far off..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
My suggestion is, if the herm pods are not overly proflifc, to simply cull them from the plant.

As described above, this all might be a "stress" related response to environmental factors.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i could be wrong about the light burn, is it happening to other leaves?

JohnMD

JohnMD

i could be wrong about the light burn, is it happening to other leaves?
Yes. The lights are half LED and half Halosun flourescent - all in the red spectrum for flowering. The fixture is 2-2.5 feet above the plants.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yes. The lights are half LED and half Halosun flourescent - all in the red spectrum for flowering. The fixture is 2-2.5 feet above the plants.
ok, don’t know those but i’m sure your fine, if not lights than it may be from overwatering, as i see other signs of it in the photos..

JohnMD

JohnMD

ok, don’t know those but i’m sure your fine, if not lights than it may be from overwatering, as i see other signs of it in the photos..
Thank you. I use a moisture reading tool and try not to water until the needle is in the "dry" zone but I may have overdid it. What are other signs you're seeing?

Here's a pic of some of the pods I pulled off the one plant.
2A42C2B4 3117 40DC 8C31 B12844E35456

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, i’m guessing your using one of those long needle like moisture tester thingy with a little meter and needle showing wet to dry? if so it’s probably wrong.
but i’m not sure,
i see under the leaf with the the burnt edges along down the sides of two blades well underneath there’s a leaf which looks to have a swelling look and spots to it.. you might be giving her too much nitrogen too.
the pods picked off well cool, though pods will not have any hairs coming from them, they’ll be just a pod if caught early..
your doing great!
nothing seriously bad, and everyone here is to help you and others become successful!!
much love

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Personally I pick up the plants, by the stem an weigh them in my hand daily. You can tell how much they've drank just getting in the habit of doing this. It also promotes vigor in the plant stem and roots. My plants are mostly in 2 gallon cloth rooting pots, I don't do it as often with say a 5 gallon pot (or when there obviously wet) Actually this one was in the picture, as I just watered it.

Watering is important, especially outside. It's really hard to tell about those leaf tips IMO, that looks as much possible past nutrient burn than moisture to me, I could be wrong. But usually moisture tend to drop the whole leaf, not just the tips like that. And that one in pic 4 is "twisted" leaf looks just that, twisted, not over watered, at least not too me. Can we see a few more pic's please? from a distance?

The last pic is one of me picking up the plant, (safely, at it's base) but I suspect maybe those are planted in the ground, so that method might not be possible. Do you have adequate drainage? Did the leaf tips "get burned" in the past?

Droopy cannabis leaves overwatering
Maxresdefault
IMG 20200817 1854473371   Copy
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Personally I pick up the plants, by the stem an weigh them in my hand daily. You can tell how much they've drank just getting in the habit of doing this. It also promotes vigor in the plant stem and roots. My plants are mostly in 2 gallon cloth rooting pots, I don't do it as often with say a 5 gallon pot (or when there obviously wet) Actually this one was in the picture, as I just watered it.

Watering is important, especially outside. It's really hard to tell about those leaf tips IMO, that looks as much possible past nutrient burn than moisture to me, I could be wrong. But usually moisture tend to drop the whole leaf, not just the tips like that. And that one in pic 4 is "twisted" leaf looks just that, twisted, not over watered, at least not too me. Can we see a few more pic's please? from a distance?

The last pic is one of me picking up the plant, (safely, at it's base) but I suspect maybe those are planted in the ground, so that method might not be possible. Do you have adequate drainage? Did the leaf tips "get burned" in the past?
not sure about giving advice of picking up the plant by the stem, but your right about lifting up the pot at least to get used to what’s wet and what’s dry..
i’m saying the leaf just under the twisted burned edge fan leaves, just saying to not confuse the thread poster..
you can also see there’s bunt tips at earlier stages of growth, probably been over doing it with nitrogen/veg nutrient..
much love, we’ll get them to be successful!

JohnMD

JohnMD

I do lift the smaller pots as a reference on occasion.
Here's a pic of the whole tent, and a closeup of one of the pods.
ECF86C2E 9931 40FD 9ED4 F978B9D4D4B9

6A6F714D AE1D 4C67 8FC1 C03948792D2C

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
plants look good!
so during lights off it’s suppose to be completely dark/black, no light not even on a fan/piece of equipment inside the tent, put tape over it and check when lights if the case, just make sure nighttime is dark, no light not even a couple seconds..

JohnMD

JohnMD

plants look good!
so during lights off it’s suppose to be completely dark/black, no light not even on a fan/piece of equipment inside the tent, put tape over it and check when lights if the case, just make sure nighttime is dark, no light not even a couple seconds..
It's completely dark. The tent is in the basement utility room with the doors closed and the small window sealed up with a box connected to an exhaust fan.

I'm running 12/12 with lights on from 7pm until 7am.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
your good..
7-7 me too..,

Yea, looking at that second picture I can see your probably correct. Certainly too much water is something that needs to be considered on an ongoing basis. I wasn't trying to confuse, just clarify, and make sure were giving good solid information. If that's an issue, it looks fairly mild IMO. Overall, they look like there doing pretty well.

What's your temps and humidity look like in there? How hot has it been getting? I sure believe that's got to be a big issue for many right now also.

Also, that sure looks like a baby seed to me.

JohnMD

JohnMD

I have a problem.

The leaves on 2 of the 5 remaining plants are showings signs of dying. Yellowing, curling, and dry brown.

I have used a lightly tinged de-chlorinated and Ph adjusted water to feed the plants for the past couple months with good success. Now they look like they're dying. The Ph adjuster is hydrochloric acid that I inject into the jar of tinged water to get the Ph between 5-6.

I did use Diamataceous Earth to dust the soil surface to help alleviate an infestation of fungus gnats. But I've used DE in my vegetable garden before without any issue.

Any tips or suggestions?
FF99D9D4 CF3C 4547 8E59 37E6B3D039CA

B4A15BCA 0BC5 4DC3 A1B8 064C0B63C937

Top Bottom