help please leafs curling down and yellow spots

• Thread starter gdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gdog

Hi guys think i might have a major problem got an ak47 in a 11ltr pot been vegging under a 250w cfl for 5 weeks been using canna bio vega nutes 2ml to a ltr of water fed it twice last week once on mon then on fri the tips of my leafs are starting to curl down and have noticed brown and yellow spots on the leaves also the leaves are drooping too would anyone advise flushing and if so how much water could i just use tap water to flush was boiling my kettle before to do all my watering thanks

S

stormannorm

hi gdog,im not to sure w/o pics they would def help.sounds to me like u may be feeding them to much bring it down to nutes once a week and plain water the second feed.it may be that your over watering them r u in coco? just try and make sure that your medium is kinda dry before u water them.ye u can use tap water to flush as long as u ph it if your nutes r organic u wont have to ph the water when u add them as their ph buffered.just my 2c hope it helps a little.

peace

soserthc1

soserthc1

Hi guys think i might have a major problem got an ak47 in a 11ltr pot been vegging under a 250w cfl for 5 weeks been using canna bio vega nutes 2ml to a ltr of water fed it twice last week once on mon then on fri the tips of my leafs are starting to curl down and have noticed brown and yellow spots on the leaves also the leaves are drooping too would anyone advise flushing and if so how much water could i just use tap water to flush was boiling my kettle before to do all my watering thanks

Well first i would perform a soil test if you are using soil as you did not state soil is nuetral at 7 5.5-6 would be ideal If soil is not in that range you would need to flush, and you can get a soil test kit or meter cheap just follow the directions carefully and do it at least twice. I have no experience with ak-47 but im told it likes nutes.Leaves curling down is usually a sign of to much k or to wet a soil. when flushing you want to use at least three to five times the amount of container so in your case i would use about 44 lts of water plain tap just make sure ph is between 5.5 to 6.5 JMHO , also there are numerous people on here with expert advise - good luck peace - hope it helps .....

A

Alien Abductee

I would flush it with 6.5 water and collect the run off and test the ph, I would bet it would be around 5.5 or lower. That would be the most common reason.

If the leaf is clawing, where just the tips curl down like a claw gardening tool and the tips might turn yellow then it would involve P, but more likely it would be a lockout, not tox. The leaf could be drooping and claw, which would mean multiple problems like over water + low ph.

Pics would be greatly helpful though hehe.

A

Alien Abductee

If the entire leaf is curling under, soserthc would correct and its lack of o2 from too much water. Which left unchecked, can cause dead leaf spots the same as low ph.

Top Bottom