Help please light cycle compromised .. advice needed!

• Thread starter sneakyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sneakyg

I'm day 48 flower.. have about 6 indicas and 6 sativas.. some should go 55 days the sativas more like 80 days.. well my 1000 watt HPS went off at 9pm like it was supposed too , but i woke up to turn the lights on at 9am and my 150 watt HPS was on.. Should I chop the whole crop right now and not risk hermie?

really really bummed out.. let me know what you guys would do..

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I would leave ur room dark until ur schedule resumes its normal course. Might have some shock but shouldnt hermie. Day 48 is usually when i start my flush. I dont think you want to chop a week early with no flush. I did that a couple cycles before do to a pest issue, i wasnt happy how things turned out. This is just my opinion. Much luck.Z

sky high

sky high

One interruption in the cycle will do NOTHING to your crop. It's REPEAT interruptions that may cause problems. (IMO, more than likely, you would see fluffy buds or buds that wouldn't finish on time before hermies)

that's my take anyway.

S

sneakyg

Thank you guys so much for you're advice.. This is the schedule of what happened..

9pm lights were supposed to go out.
1000 watt HPS goes out
150 watt HPS stays on

7am I wake up, and notice light coming from my 4x8 box, shocked i notice the 150 watt HPS on

7:30 lights off ..

its 9am now, you guys would just go full darkness for 24 hours and start light again at 9 am tommorow morning?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

When the light goes out, I would not turn it back on until they had at least 12 hours of darkness. So if you have to give them 24 hours of dark, IMO thats better then no dark during flower.

S

sneakyg

darn .. i turned the lights back on at 9am .. to mimick the past pattern .. wish i had of went dark for 24 hrs instead .. its been and a half hours almost since the lights have been back on.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

darn .. i turned the lights back on at 9am .. to mimick the past pattern .. wish i had of went dark for 24 hrs instead .. its been and a half hours almost since the lights have been back on.

How long were they off?? 2 hours?? From 7:30am to 9am they were off, right??

If thats the case I would not have done that, but I don't think it will destroy your plants. They are suppose to get 12 hours of darkness, thats the important part, so you want to stop putting the lights on and off every few hours. If the lights are on now just leave them like that for 12 hours then turn it off for 12 and keep it that way.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Like sky high said, its repeat interruptions that can cause a plant to re-veg or hermie, so just leave them alone till there done in a week or so, good luck.

Top Bottom