help please powdery mildew 14 days into flower

• Thread starter eastman69er
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eastman69er

hello all,

i am having problems with my flowering plants. they are now 14 days into flower. im not sure about the genetics as i bought them as
clones and the stoner who sold them to me aint really too sure either.

they was always a bit scrawny and slow growing in vegging, now they have gone into flower seems like they have started seriously yellowing up and generally just look unhealthy.

my ventilation is fine, im watering as normal so i cant see what the problem is.

please can you guys help me out please.

peace
eastman

some of my vegging plants have got some sort of mould on them, i have taken those leaves off and tweaked the ventilation as not to give them spores to settle onto my plants.

Photo 3jpg
Photo 4jpg
Photo 5jpg
Photo 8jpg
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the mold is powdery mildew. you can go out and buy a porduct to spray on them like greencure or if in cali i think its called kaligreen potasium bicarbonate is the active ingredient baking soda is sodium bicarbonate its very close and can be used in a pinch. are you over watering them?

E

eastman69er

help!!!

hello mate,

thank you very much for your reply.

I have been watering them 2 times a week, more or less every 3 days when they are bone dry.

the vegging plants i tend to water only once a week with no dramas.

i just put it down to shit genetics, what you think?

im in the uk, what would be good for powdery mildew in your opinion? i will google the answer as well.

peace
eastman

nebulius

nebulius

mildew is caused by extreme changes in temperature and poor ventilation. I had a mildew problem once because my night time temp would drop to low 60's and was in 70-80s during light cycle. a little heater on a timer and improvements to exhaust solved that for me. One thing you might what to do next time is treat your clones with one of the products on the market that help prevent mildew(i use neem spray organic). Also buy a hygrometer to measure humidity in grow area. You can usually get a pretty nice one for under $20. Good luck

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Im sure came in on those clones you got

dirk d

dirk d

i would just take this run as a learning experience. then buy a pack of seeds and start those asap. Genetics is the #1 thing on my list. good luck and give growing plenty of time. do lots of research and record as much info as you can so you can improve each harvest. good luck.

L

legal_med_grow

sulphur burner will work too, and it will kill all the spores in your room. If you search the forums for it you will find out everything you need to know. I also did the 10% milk to water ratio, it worked for about a week or so, then another spray.

dirk d

dirk d

i like serenade over green cure personally. you have to spray it more but you can spray it in full light and will eat the pm. green cure will change the ph of the leaves making it inhospitable for pm. both are great. only thing i dont like about the greencure is that it will burn pistils. you are only supposed to put it on the leaves not the buds. thats like saying pee in the toilet in the dark!

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

If your using it in strong doses to try and stop a bunch pm infested plants then I agree as i've done that a few times. After I cleaned my room out I started using it in very light doses right around week 3 then again at 5 weeks. Yea I might not get pm without greencure, but I don't want to find out.

Truth be told, if I could run it then a sulfur burner would be my choice.

bloads

bloads

Truth be told, if I could run it then a sulfur burner would be my choice.

I do Spectracide Insect & Disease Control at the beginning of flower, Greencure when needed, and a sulfur burner when my schedule allows. I'm on a perpetual cycle with different strains that require different flowering times, so it can get tricky to slip them into a sulfur-burner's 30-day-till-harvest window.

And what does 'ventilation is fine' entail?

K

kolah

Hydrogen Peroxide!

"Soma" from Somaseeds recommends 30% Hydrogen Peroxide and mix it 3 parts water to 1 part HP. Wear gloves and a paper mask and put it into a pressure sprayer The stuff is a bit caustic.

Saturate the the plants, leaves, stems and get the undersides as well. You can see the PM fizzle away. It is great for cleaning up your grow site after a harvest as well.

Using a black light will easily detect early PM forming.

I have used baking soda (with success) in the past but this is much better (and safer) IMO.

E

eastman69er

help!!!

thanx for all your help guys!!!!

i have taken everything on board and done a lot of googling, real eye opener.

i have done a few grows before, never had any problems. same environment, same lights and ventilation and definately same feeding regime.

the only difference with these flowering plants and my other grows is that i bought these clones, something which i have never done as i have always had my own clones or started from seed.

to be fair, when the clones arrived to me, they did look in a bad shape. during veg they was growing but at the minmum pace. my plants in veg that have been started from seed and are venus flytrap from nirvana and super cheese haze dontated kindly from a friend, they are flying, they are only two weeks into veg and they have another 2 weeks to go before they go into flower. these plants are lush green and growing at a rapid pace.

i can treat the powdery mildew but truth be told im gonna just put it down to bad genetics and refrain from buying in clones from an outside source.

once again thank you everyone for taking the time out to comment and point me in the right direction.

peace
eastman

Top Bottom