Help please! Slow growing plants in coco not drying out

• Thread starter Oblivi0us
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

pots look a little dry though ~ how often are you watering them now? atleast once a day?

Oblivi0us

Oblivi0us

pots look a little dry though ~ how often are you watering them now? atleast once a day?
Yes once per day to 20% run off. They are drinking about a half gal each right now to achieve that run off amount. Then I 1/4 strength foilage spray later in day. This was right before watering.
It’s the very top that dries a little bc it’s in the open. Like a slight bit of dust that dries lol. I assure your she is staying wet. The shaded areas with fan leaves covering the coco do not dry out like that at all.

bunkerking

bunkerking

all good ~ keep on trucking! hope you get to flower soon.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh you can go longer for sure. From the soil to the top of the plant. It should roughly double at the end of flowering. Height wise that is. Plus you need abit of room for the light.

I use my box fan as a height gauge. When they get taller than it, im out of space and need to flip or train down. (4x4x6 tent as well)

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Coco that isn't drying out has very little root mass with ambient humidity that is too high to otherwise dry out. You need healthy roots to harvest that moisture. When the roots are established - usually poking out the bottom, then you start the consistent schedule of feeding/watering.

Oblivi0us

Oblivi0us

Noticed the young growth/new growth is starting to get a much lighter green than older leafs. Do I need to possibly up my nitrogen levels? Temps and light height are all precise and where they need to be. I might just be having ocd as they are vigorously growing and showing no other problems but they didn’t seem that light green before.. Any suggestions? Am I just paranoid? 😂

0F5B3D8C 4116 47E0 B6D8 8BC34F15FE17
D83143C2 8EDB 416E 8E97 ADC94CE66DC8
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Fertigate fertigate and fertigate. 5, 6 7 x's a day. Throw your moisture meter away.

Every 2-3 hrs is pretty ideal for growth but you have to deal with the waste water. Grass, other plants. Delute it with more water but it's good for other plants. Recycling it doesn't work. Either give it to other plants/lawn or dump it.

I'll grow one more time in soil this spring but damn, coco blows soil away.😉

Farmer P

Farmer P

Noticed the young growth/new growth is starting to get a much lighter green than older leafs. Do I need to possibly up my nitrogen levels? Temps and light height are all precise and where they need to be. I might just be having ocd as they are vigorously growing and showing no other problems but they didn’t seem that light green before.. Any suggestions? Am I just paranoid? 😂
That light green is usually because they are growing well and fast. If it gets so light it looks yellow then you start to worry. They look great.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

They look good to me, but if you are seeing yellowing on the new growth it is typically a calcium deficiency. Yellow from the bottom up is a nitrogen deficiency, from the top down is a calcium deficiency. If you are getting leaves that are turning yellow but the veins are still green then you have an iron deficiency. One of the big problems with deficiencies is that they are often caused by an excess of another element, so just adding more nutrients will not always correct that deficiency. Sometimes the best way to treat a deficiency is to flush the medium and start your feeding schedule again at half strength.

But again, from those pics the plants look like they are fine, just growing quickly.

Oblivi0us

Oblivi0us

They look good to me, but if you are seeing yellowing on the new growth it is typically a calcium deficiency. Yellow from the bottom up is a nitrogen deficiency, from the top down is a calcium deficiency. If you are getting leaves that are turning yellow but the veins are still green then you have an iron deficiency. One of the big problems with deficiencies is that they are often caused by an excess of another element, so just adding more nutrients will not always correct that deficiency. Sometimes the best way to treat a deficiency is to flush the medium and start your feeding schedule again at half strength.

But again, from those pics the plants look like they are fine, just growing quickly.

awesome thanks everyone for your insight. I did cut the calmag for my next few waterings and they greened back up on the young leafs so I think I was giving a little too much. That’s the best part of coco. Just flush and try again and see instantly what was wrong

Oblivi0us

Oblivi0us

Just keeping you updated and thanking you again for the insight!! It’s amazing how fast they can grow!!

Here is the beginning of week 3 flower. Started to getting slight clawing from 6ml micro (too much nitrogen) and backed it off to 4ml micro and the clawing is going away.

10 week strain ugh I’m so impatient lol!

DE7C7C7F 4B28 4A41 B715 6673673F6785
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Just keeping you updated and thanking you again for the insight!! It’s amazing how fast they can grow!!

Here is the beginning of week 3 flower. Started to getting slight clawing from 6ml micro (too much nitrogen) and backed it off to 4ml micro and the clawing is going away.

10 week strain ugh I’m so impatient lol!
They are looking like happy plants. I am glad to hear you are finding the sweet spot with your nutrient schedule, that is such a valuable part of a successful grow. I am trying to dial my nutrient schedule in at the moment as well.

Patience young grasshopper, 10 weeks is not so bad, you could have a 16 week strain going (I don’t but some people do). I am used to working with 10 week varieties, I actually just chopped my first 8 weeker last week and it totally felt weird having such a short plant cycle.

Top Bottom