Help please the tops of the plants have fallen over

• Thread starter cmsed3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cmsed3

cmsed3

The tops of the plants have fallen over almost overnight and i'm not sure why! please help! The coco growing medium is completely dry!

Help please the tops of the plants have fallen over
Help please the tops of the plants have fallen over 2
cmsed3

cmsed3

When you said the Coco growing medium was "completely dry" I got a hunch that's why your plants are drooped over?

Why don't you water the Coco medium & see what happens!

Here's a link to a whole bunch of info about growing in Coco that I gave another new grower earlier today hope it helps!

I dried the coco out because the plant had already fallen over, thinking i was overwatering and did this in a desperate attempt to help it... i later decided to water, and the next morning... that.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You need drainage. I like to use two solo cups in conjunction with one another. One full size as the outter container and one smaller 1/2 size cup inside of the full size cup. Poke holes in the bottom of the smaller cup for drainage. This allows the runoff to drain into the full size cup. I often find roots protruding through the bottom and growing into the run off of I let them go too long in the small cups.

The reasoning behind this is it allows you to use a container just big enough for what stage the plant is in. Once it becomes rootbound or rather just before you can transplant into a larger container. The upside is you introduce it into fresh growing medium that hasn’t been ruined by over/under fert, wrong ph, etc. So the plants will almost instantly take off and keep growing.

Top Bottom