help please think my plant is showing sex

• Thread starter captainkip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

captainkip

alright my plant is now 22 days old and i was looking at the nodes it looks like it's growing small buds but it's under 24/0 light and i'm not sure but is there a way i can tell the sex now? like right this second xP coz if it's a male i want to start growing more asap

C

captainkip

bagseed just got it from some pretty good shit i wanted to grow some lol

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
chances are it is not showing sex yet. once you have at least 4-6 nodes you can start to see sex. most plants take about 7-8 weeks to the untrained eye.

C

captainkip

chances are it is not showing sex yet. once you have at least 4-6 nodes you can start to see sex. most plants take about 7-8 weeks to the untrained eye.
i know kid i'm pretty much 99% sure its showing sex it's growing small green bud type things in the nodes i've heard that the pistils will come out or they will grow to balls

C

captainkip

posting a picture of it in my gallery now -.- or not my digi's cord isnt working -.- okay got it the picture is in my gallery go check it out and if you can help please do =P

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

It's not showing sex. To grow, one must learn patience grasshopper.. I realize you want a crop but you just can't rush things as you appear to want to do. Give it time and it WILL happen. I love your enthusiasum , it just doesn't happen over night. It's good you are planning ahead i.e.- want to get different plants if these turn male. Think you have potential of being good farmer just relax a bit. Peace

C

captainkip

It's not showing sex. To grow, one must learn patience grasshopper.. I realize you want a crop but you just can't rush things as you appear to want to do. Give it time and it WILL happen. I love your enthusiasum , it just doesn't happen over night. It's good you are planning ahead i.e.- want to get different plants if these turn male. Think you have potential of being good farmer just relax a bit. Peace
but now that it's growing at the nodes isn't it going to show the sex soon?

R

redog

Slam me if you want to

Just my two cents but I personally believe you have to make a few clones,let them root,then grow a few weeks,then go to 12 hour lighting before you see sex.
I asked the same question earlier this year (my first grow) and I got all kinds of answers.I really don't believe you can see sex in a mature plant under 24 hour light or 18 for that matter.
Have one of my plants in a DWC bucket from March and it doesn't show sex.It was under 24 hour lighting for 4 months or more before I put it under 18 hours of light.
It consumes water/nutes .A gallon a day at least.
Going to start a clone in a bucket soon to keep this girl going without eating so much PBP.
So all you guys that say otherwise go ahead.
I ain't buyin' it!

Plus your 5 pics don't show shit other than they are way to young,even for making a cutting/clone.

C

captainkip

Just my two cents but I personally believe you have to make a few clones,let them root,then grow a few weeks,then go to 12 hour lighting before you see sex.
I asked the same question earlier this year (my first grow) and I got all kinds of answers.I really don't believe you can see sex in a mature plant under 24 hour light or 18 for that matter.
Have one of my plants in a DWC bucket from March and it doesn't show sex.It was under 24 hour lighting for 4 months or more before I put it under 18 hours of light.
It consumes water/nutes .A gallon a day at least.
Going to start a clone in a bucket soon to keep this girl going without eating so much PBP.
So all you guys that say otherwise go ahead.
I ain't buyin' it!

Plus your 5 pics don't show shit other than they are way to young,even for making a cutting/clone.
actually im sure whether it shows sex under 24 or 18 hour light is all the strain and growing conditions

R

redog

your sure?

I'm not.
I started 4 seeds from bag seed just like you.
I'm not even from Missouri.

K

KushyNutt

flip your plant to 12 light/12dark and within 10-14 days you will be able to tell the sex. You can revert it after and it will take a bit of time to go back to veg but at least you will know then. All plants show sex anytime after 40-45 days so be patient and do your research like reading the forums, they are great and usually can tell you more than some of us can!:rauch08:

R

redog

Missouri

is the "show me" State.
Meaning, I have to see it to believe it.

This is what you said:actually im sure whether it shows sex under 24 or 18 hour light is all the strain and growing conditions.
Still not sure what you mean?????????

C

captainkip

is the "show me" State.
Meaning, I have to see it to believe it.

This is what you said:actually im sure whether it shows sex under 24 or 18 hour light is all the strain and growing conditions.
Still not sure what you mean?????????
there is autoflowering plants and some strains show their sex in veg state some only seem like they're showing sex but they're not it's all about the strain of cannabis and what the growing conditons are temp/humidity/etc.

R

redog

Sorry.That's new to me.
Wish someone would have explained that back in March or whenever I asked.
Good Luck with the grow.
Out of 4 seeds cracked I had two males and two females
and one was killed off and brought back to life weeks later by taking cuttings off the dying plant.Look at my gallery and check out that girl!
I am a proud pappa!!!!!
I hope this thing lives through the winter.

C

captainkip

im being assumptive but has anyone asked for a picture?

your the first but i have a picture but i can see that it's not showing the sex it looks like the 4th and 5th leaves are growing in at the node on the sets of leaves that only have 3 leaves? is that normal?

Top Bottom