Help Please, What Size Pots For Light Dep.

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So what size pots have people been using for their light deps? I was thinking 45 or 65 gallon pots for plants that will veg for 1-2 months, then flipped so I can get two harvests this summer from her. I don't want my plants any taller than 5-6ft, so I am thinking this time frame and pot size should work. Thanks for the help THCFarm, I love this place.

donmekka

donmekka

Plant counts a issue? Seen one dude kill it can in beds 4 per sq ft planted as soon as roots sprouted. maybe able to do 3 harvest???

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

It depends what size of plant you want. In the 50 gallon range 1/2 to a full pound should be attainable depending upon the strain and whether or not you have greenhouse covering. I've done 150 gallon pots and 3+ ps with certain strains.

Blaze

Blaze

IIRC, @Blaze does 65s in his light deps.

I do 30 gallons actually. You are probably thinking of 65's I made for a small 'test' garden a few years back. I would not go any smaller than a 30 personally. I plan on re-doing our greenhouse next year and just putting in one giant long raised bed that will probably be 6-8' wide and 36' long in order to reduce water our water use. The bigger the pot, the longer the veg time for the plant to fill it. I don't like vegging for more than 3 or 4 weeks before I flip, so a 30 works well for that time frame. I can plant by early April, and flip by early May for a harvest in late June/early July. Doing really big plants that have to veg for a long time sort of defeats the point of a light dep in my opinion. The idea is to get more than one crop a year, that won't work real well if you spend 2-3 months vegging out a plant in a huge pot. For a good replant to do a fall crop you really want the light dep down and harvested by early July at the latest. That will still give you time to clear the greenhouse, re-plant, and veg for a few weeks. Any size will work though, I've seen people do it with anything from a 5 gallon to a 300. One of the more successful light deps I have seen did it all in 15's for an even shorter veg time.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Thanks everybody.

With all the advice, I am thinking a 45 gal pot might be best for me. Plant counts are always an issue, and I am staying inside those numbers. Hope I kill it this year.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Nope. They had it on the table last year about this time, but they didn't have enough support so it's on hold right now. That means it's up the state guidelines right? I currently have 5 scripts, and looking for more before this season starts. Should have at least one more soon. In the next month or so I am meeting with an attorney to make sure I don't find myself in prison, I try to respect the law.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I also have a doc prescription for 99 plants and 2 or 4 lbs of dried material, cant remember.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nope. They had it on the table last year about this time, but they didn't have enough support so it's on hold right now. That means it's up the state guidelines right? I currently have 5 scripts, and looking for more before this season starts. Should have at least one more soon. In the next month or so I am meeting with an attorney to make sure I don't find myself in prison, I try to respect the law.
Then pay attention to the wording he uses. You don't have prescriptions, you have recommendations. Also, do you have the ID card? That plays a HUGE role in your numbers.
I also have a doc prescription for 99 plants and 2 or 4 lbs of dried material, cant remember.
He cannot prescribe you plants. You may want to find another recommending doctor so that those numbers are removed.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Sure he can, he can recommend I need more than the state limits. Also, yes I have a card, not sure if it's the one you are talking about.

From Norml,

"

California NORML strongly advises Prop 215 patients to continue following the SB 420 guidelines – six mature or 12 immature plants and 8 ounces of processed marijuana except where local guidelines specify more. The Supreme Court’s recent Kelly decision has been widely misinterpreted to imply that the limits no longer apply, and that patients can therefore grow as much as they want. In fact, the Court’s decision lets the police arrest anyone who exceeds the guidelines, The only thing it disallows is for the guidelines to be used as a basis for conviction in criminal trials.

So, unless you don’t mind being arrested and dragged into court for a felony trial, where you will have to show that the amount of marijuana you had was consistent with your medical needs, the best rule of thumb is to follow the guidelines. The Kelly decision simply re-affirms the original intent of SB 420, which was to establish reasonable guidelines for arrest - not automatic limits for guilt.
"

Did I read this wrong? That is why I am seeing a layer, because I don't even know if I am allowed to cross the street without breaking a law these days.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I really dislike that interpretation of the Kelly decision, and my own attorney would disagree a bit with it. This is specifically why I don't rely on NORML for up to date, accurate information, that's #1. #2 is wait til you speak with *your* attorney. The state laws do not actually limit anything, if you read the applicable sections that were affected by Prop. 215 and SB 420. Third, anyone who insists that the ID card protects you from arrest isn't living in the real world, I can guarantee you it does no such thing should the officers involved choose to ignore it.

Mine recommended against getting the SB420 ID card specifically because of the People vs Kelly ruling. IF you have the card, you are voluntarily limiting yourself to 6 OR 12 (mature OR immature). Because that aspect of SB 420 was indeed struck down, so for NORML to say that is, IMO, incorrect.

Your doctor's "prescription" has no real legal basis or grounding in law or the H&S or criminal or penal codes that were affected by Proposition 215 or Senate Bill 420. Just as there is no legal definition of a coop, collective, dispensary or other grey area outlets and growing scenarios. This, combined with another court decision the name of which I'm forgetting entirely right now are the reasons why counties like Fresno and cities and other local munis are able to infringe entirely on a patient's right to grow and remove it, criminalize it, make it a per se nuisance, etc.

Really, to fully understand what the law is, you have to read the law yourself. I would recommend having both a regular dictionary AND a law dictionary on hand, I use.. I think it's Blacks Law Dictionary, but Google Scholar can also be helpful, just remember to check the legal papers/decisions button.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Thanks Seamaiden. I have to be honest, I have never grown more than 12 flowering plants before. Now that I am looking to go above that, I need to understand the law better. I am not quite in a place where I can study the law, but once I am done with my infrastructure for this year, law is next. Like I said, I try to respect the law and stay out of jail.

BTW - not sure it's the same card. Don't have my wallet on me now, but I will check it out later.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it's the ID card associated with your cannabis cultivation, then legally it's the same card. Issued either by your county or your recommending physician's office.

Latest posts

Top Bottom