Help please...

• Thread starter SmokinOnThatDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokinOnThatDro

ight so im pretty new with growing so im introducing myself hoping to receive some help from all the experienced people on this platform. so far im like 5 days with my grow but i'm kinda paranoid that ima grow my tree wrong you kno? n what sucks is that i have a really low budget put into this. i mean i haven't spent any money on this. i've made my whole setup out of shit lying around in my house. n until then i have to figure out how to work around this until i get paid. so ill tell you what i got going on so far:

- i was told i should germinate my seeds and i did that n 24 hours later i saw a tap root measuring about half a cm come out. i planted this into a pot of some soil i had on hand.
- i made a box to keep the pot inside and have i believe a 75 watt bulb set up 18 inches above the pot. i decided i would keep the light on for 24 hours.
- i did filter my water cause i thought that would help because you never know what kind of shit there is in the city water. i water my plants every 12 hours and decided to put a cup sprayed with water over the pot to keep the humidity up since i don't have a humidifier. found that pretty useful.
- 3 days in a stem grew out but the seedling case was on it, i didn't really know what to do about that so i jus decided to take it out (not sure if that was a good idea or not).
- im at day 5 right now, the stem seems to growing but there are no leaves whatsoever, which i believe is concerning.
- some problems i have is the fact i have no way of measuring humidity or temperature and no way of measuring the pH in my water. i have no fan for circulation. so far i jus have humidity and light. if you were to look at my setup you fr laugh. i'm hoping on getting a fan and humidifier soon.
- also one more thing i jus found out im going away for about 6 days, so i have no way of watering my plants. i looked up online and found out this auto-watering method called swick, or something like that. it uses perlite soil put into a tray, filled with about 1-2 inches of water, and you just put your pot about an inch into the tray. it seems like people have had success with this, but i wanna keep my options open you know? n if i were to use this system does that mean i won't have to water my plants at all from the pot? i could jus put water into the tray n it works light that. i feel like it would be better to water from the top cause then the water brings down the bad stuff i guess (not sure if that makes sense).

anyways, any advice would be appreciated. and if you need more info or something jus let me know. thank you

K

kellymac

Some creative thinking going on there for sure. Your not in to it for a fortune so have a bit of an adventure with it.
I would recommend turning light to 18-6 for about 3 weeks then go to 12-12. for remainder. Just have fun and in time everything else will come.

S

SmokinOnThatDro

Some creative thinking going on there for sure. Your not in to it for a fortune so have a bit of an adventure with it.
I would recommend turning light to 18-6 for about 3 weeks then go to 12-12. for remainder. Just have fun and in time everything else will come.
thanks for the advice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom