Help please

• Thread starter Lamster67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lamster67

Lamster67

Can anyone please help me out with a problem....here goes..

90x90x180 grow tent(in spare room)
M600 Kingbo Led lamp(240w draw)
5" extraction with 300mm carbon filter, 4" active intake, 2x passive
Temps 22-28...humidity 30-50%

Nutrients are Biobizz grow, bloom & topmax, calmag all fed at half strength
Medium is 70% compost 30% perlite
Pots are 10l, nutes ph'd to 6.5

I messed up in the beginning by using out of date nutrients but have replaced them & the problem seems to be continuing.
Plants are auto AK, & auto blueberry both 3weeks from start of blooming..I'm sure it's a deficiency but not sure how to rectify
Thanks for taking a look

Ak

Help please
Help please 2
Help please 3

Blueberry starting to show symptoms

Help please 4
Help please 5

Last edited:
fishbuds

fishbuds

she's a little hungry, but not dying. top half looks good, so more light may help in the future.

dont panic and start adding a whole bunch of shit to compensate now. just feed easy and ride it out.

70/30 compost/perlite doesnt give the microbe colonies alot of variety for eating and pooping different things that your plant wants to then eat their poop, if u git my drift. soil is all about eating and pooping, mostly by the microbial field, and then the eating done by your plant, of the poop of the field;)

dont get me wrong compost is the shiz, but u need variety. There are alot of peat based mixes out there, with or without amendments.

EWC is the king of poop, add it to your mix liberally

Peat has all the mag in it, and as the microbes break down the peat your plant eats the mag.

Calcium is the most important ingredient. It is the engine of the plant. So make sure there are calcium additions to your soil, osf, gypsum, garden lime to name a few, mmmmmm calcium good mmmmm ;)

notice i never mentioned adding cal mag. cal mag is what you use in soiless media, coco, promix, dwc, etc....i've never poured 1tsp of cal mag in my soil :0, not being snobby, just sharing experience.

look up soil mixes, pick one and go with it. Personally, peat(or sunshine mix #4 is an excellent base), compost, ewc, and perlite are all i need if i plan to baby bottle feed in flower, as this mix will get you far with frequent uppotting.

if you dont want to bottle feed, you will need to create a real excellent soil.

hope some of this was helpful, it was good for me, as i has reminded me the most important part of indor growing is the happiness of your root zone!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Can anyone please help me out with a problem....here goes..

90x90x180 grow tent(in spare room)
M600 Kingbo Led lamp(240w draw)
5" extraction with 300mm carbon filter, 4" active intake, 2x passive
Temps 22-28...humidity 30-50%

Nutrients are Biobizz grow, bloom & topmax, calmag all fed at half strength
Medium is 70% compost 30% perlite
Pots are 10l, nutes ph'd to 6.5

I messed up in the beginning by using out of date nutrients but have replaced them & the problem seems to be continuing.
Plants are auto AK, & auto blueberry both 3weeks from start of blooming..I'm sure it's a deficiency but not sure how to rectify
Thanks for taking a look

Ak

View attachment 950580View attachment 950581View attachment 950582

Blueberry starting to show symptoms

View attachment 950583View attachment 950584
Re: 70% compost - recommend a slurry test and post results

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Those are some nice looking autos! Even with some deficiencies. I wonder if maybe a 5 gal pot would be better than 10L. IDK. I originally was planning on using 10 gal with my grow but was advised to just go with 5 from my coach. IDK I still think I should have. Well anyway I will use them next run for comparison. Seems more is better on SOME things in my head at least. I often find myself saying..THE PRICE IS WROOOONG BITCH! LMAO

Kepp89

Kepp89

evidently there were posts above mine when i came back here.

have you seen these yet? they're hella helpful. sometimes if you have a cluster of deficiencies in the same ph range its because of the state of your soil. then make a soil slurry and check the ph and use a ph'd water to shift your soil ph to where you want it. 6.4? 6.5? something like that.

LEAF DEFICIENCIES
PH AVAILABLE CHART
Lamster67

Lamster67

Thank you everyone for the replies...much appreciated
I have a meter which reads soil ph & is reading a little high...7.5
To lower the soil ph to 6.5 do I need to lower the ph of my nutrients to below 6.5 to compensate?
Also forgot to add on earlier post that I use collected rain water rather than my tap water as I live in a hard water area
Thanks for looking
20200315 135753

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

To lower the soil ph to 6.5 do I need to lower the ph of my nutrients to below 6.5 to compensate?
Also forgot to add on earlier post that I use collected rain water rather than my tap water as I live in a hard water area
Thanks for looking View attachment 950635
Those meters are notoriously inaccurate; recommend you search and do slurry test and post results

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Those meters are notoriously inaccurate; recommend you search and do slurry test and post results
Yeah I was hoping it would be SOMEWHAT reliable too. But it is useful for me to help measure the light exposure of my plants fro way up high at high power to much lower without burning on a lower setting.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for looking View attachment 950635

These cheap probe meters are only good for moisture and to see if your bulbs are getting old. The ph part never works right. According to Jorje Cervantes they work with moistening the soil with distilled water but i have never got mine to match a slurry test or runoff test with gh ph drops. There was a video i saw him make it work a few years ago. He did it in the ground outside though.

For moisture in potting soil grows I think they are helpful. If the meter reads in the dry range 3/4 down the pot it is time to water. I also use it to scratch up the surface of the soil which helps water penetrate evenly and can disturb and ruin gnat eggs.

Now i want to try to make the meter work for ph. Lol ;-)

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

Did you add lime or some other kind of PH buffer to your soil mix?

You saying your ph is going high would mean more alkaline which makes no sense for that soil. I don't trust that soil meter.

Lamster67

Lamster67

Hi all...thanks again for looking in & the replies..
I've just completed a slurry test & the reading said ph5.3 so confirms that the meter is full of shit lol....not bad for testing the moisture in the soil though.
I'm guessing my best strategy now is to not bring down the ph in the nutes to try to bring the soil ph up?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've just completed a slurry test & the reading said ph5.3 so confirms that the meter is full of shit lol....not bad for testing the moisture in the soil though.
I'm guessing my best strategy now is to not bring down the ph in the nutes to try to bring the soil ph up?

Yes and also low soil ph can be caused by excess nutes building up.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've only fed nutes at half strength(every water)...so maybe just unph'd(is that even a word 🤣) water or reduce to 1/4 strength?

Dont know. Need to know what the input and runoff ec (ppm) was last few times and now. Then can make decision.

Otherwise when watering next run fresh water through. See what you got and then run appropriate nute mixture through

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They're no good for checking the moisture either. Get some Dolomite lime but read up on it first; my usual application is one level tablespoon per gallon of fox farm ocean Forest, buy with pH that low I would water in a level tablespoon right away, good luck

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yep get rid of that cheap crap, throw it out!
going to screw you up.
your in soil? so just water and feed.
the plant will/might adjust to the feeding, or the soil will adjust itself.
if not the deficiency will show, than adjust.
in the mean time look for a nice ph meter, nothing good is cheap.
when a plant is in the vegetative stage it’s ok to make mistakes as you can fix, but in flower you want no problems!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They're no good for checking the moisture either. Get some Dolomite lime but read up on it first; my usual application is one level tablespoon per gallon of fox farm ocean Forest, buy with pH that low I would water in a level tablespoon right away, good luck

I find they dont work well if there is a lot of perlite. But always worked fine for moisture in my pots.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey lamster, were did the blueberry come from if you dont mind me asking , seeds ? Clone? Reg or feminised ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom