Help please.

• Thread starter Farmerwezo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeadShine

HeadShine

At first glance it looks like thrip damage to me...

Check the undersides of the leaves closely.
Also more info needed:

-grow medium
-fertilizer used and frequency
-any pest sprays in use
-environment details

Dan789

Dan789

It might be some kind of pest attacking your leaves. Have you done a loop inspection of the underside of this leaf? Look very closely for thrips and spider mites especially...

Farmerwezo

Farmerwezo

It might be some kind of pest attacking your leaves. Have you done a loop inspection of the underside of this leaf? Look very closely for thrips and spider mites especially...

Under leaves are clean. Plant is just a seedling.

Farmerwezo

Farmerwezo

At first glance it looks like thrip damage to me...

Check the undersides of the leaves closely.
Also more info needed:

-grow medium.... Pro mix
-fertilizer used and frequency... Masterblend few weeks ago
-any pest sprays in use.... No
-environment details.... Humidity 50, 29 to 31c during day, night 27c.

HeadShine

HeadShine

Ok, so with them being outside I’m going to strongly advise you to pick up a few pesticides to use.
Consider the Bees before you spray anything.
i use “plant therapy” and “neem oil” on my outdoor garden. As far as I know both of these are safe for bees but will kill the mites or thrips you seem to have there.
Best practice is to establish an IPM (integrated pest management ) procedure where you are spraying the plant at least once a week. Best to do 2x.
doing this across your whole garden will prevent infestation in the future.

once you have a pesticide product, spray 3x in one week to knockdown the population and then start your IPM routine.
Never spray in direct light.

ps- this applies to indoor gardening as well.

Dan789

Dan789

You also along with what @HeadShine said have to rotate the products you use for insect and pest control as any pest can develop resistance to a product if used exclusively...

HeadShine

HeadShine

Whoops. Thought I mentioned that! Resistance is real and something to be considered for sure. The more products in the rotation the more effective it is. Good call @Dan789

Farmerwezo

Farmerwezo

Ok, so with them being outside I’m going to strongly advise you to pick up a few pesticides to use.
Consider the Bees before you spray anything.
i use “plant therapy” and “neem oil” on my outdoor garden. As far as I know both of these are safe for bees but will kill the mites or thrips you seem to have there.
Best practice is to establish an IPM (integrated pest management ) procedure where you are spraying the plant at least once a week. Best to do 2x.
doing this across your whole garden will prevent infestation in the future.

once you have a pesticide product, spray 3x in one week to knockdown the population and then start your IPM routine.
Never spray in direct light.

ps- this applies to indoor gardening as well.
Thanks will try

Top Bottom